Previous   Next

Why did you come to the Bleeding Kansas Music and Arts Festival?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 6, 2006

Browse the archives

“For Death Cab for Cutie and to support Lawrence Parks and Recreation. There needs to be more concerts like this in Lawrence.”

“Great bands. I came to support the local music scene and go to the great after parties.”

“Because Topeka doesn’t have events like this, so I came with my friends to enjoy the music and social scene.”

“Three words: Broken Social Scene. They played at the Granada on Halloween, and it was one of the best shows I’d seen all year.”

Related story

Comments

jonas 8 years, 4 months ago

Errr. . . .evidently because I was having an out of body experience.

H_Lecter 8 years, 4 months ago

There was just something about the name that screamed at me.

geilerman 8 years, 4 months ago

I went because, despite the worst PR campaign in the history of music festivals, I heard about it from a friend in D.C. The show was awsome. It's too bad that practially no one in the Lawrence, KC, Topeka area was remotely aware of the show. It felt like a pre 1999 Lazer show. You know, before they sold out and started sucking?

Ceallach 8 years, 4 months ago

I didn't even know about it. I think it was a Christian consipiracy to keep people away . . . no, wait a minute . . . I am a Christian . . . omb has already blamed the President . . . therefore I think it must have been due to global warming. That's it, so few people were informed because of global warming!!!! The ice caps are melting!!! The ice caps are melting!!!

Oh well, just to get even with Lawrence I am going to Edmonton to attend the International Folk Music Festival (na na na na na). Good music, good food, good company :) and it won't be 100+ degrees - - - - it's aaall goooood.

I'll be back in a week from tomorrow, so all y'all try to cool the temp down before then.

Thanks in advance.

Ceal

sunflower_sue 8 years, 4 months ago

Ceal, Have fun in Canada! Bring some of that cooler stuff back with you or we won't let you back into the country! Have a safe trip and say "Howdy" for us!

Dani Davey 8 years, 4 months ago

I went for Keane...and they were amazing!!

Ceallach 8 years, 4 months ago

Dani: I might have gone if Keanu was going to be there :)

sue and bob: will do! We will try to keep you posted on our journeys -- unless we get too rowdy, then we'll join inmate and just have to post when possible :)

ToriFreak13 8 years, 4 months ago

I liked how the bottled water went from $1 all day to $3 just before the big named bands played...approx 3 hours left in the event.....I was told the organizers told the vendors to do this.....did they notice people getting water for FREE from the park spickets???? anybody know the laws involved with gouging prices??? i mean can the royals change the price of their beer when they are leading a game in the 5th inning?

H_Lecter 8 years, 4 months ago

bet that left a bad taste in people's mouths.

loveandpeace 8 years, 4 months ago

Wow, that Janelle girl from Topeka is Hot....