Previous   Next

Did you suffer any property damage from the hailstorm?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 25, 2006

Browse the archives

“My car got beat up pretty bad. No broken windows, but my hood has 10 or 12 big dents in it.”

“Yeah I did. I got a bunch of dents, and my windshield is cracked.”

“Not that I’ve noticed, but I’m going up to my new house in Tonganoxie to see how bad it is there.”

“No. We didn’t, but our power went out. I live out south of town by Clinton Lake, so we didn’t get that much hail.”

Comments

hugs_and_kisses 7 years, 12 months ago

beatrice, please! I think that you're waaaay off base when you are basically accusing Multi, Kansas P., and e_m of being one in the same! I doubt that very much! Multi seems like a nice gal. She posts a lot, but so what? A lot of good people on this board post a lot too. e_m seems okay. And I don't know what the deal is with Kansas P., but I tend to doubt that Kansas P. is a troll. I think that this beale person has been pretty much zapped under every name he's ever had, wouldn't you agree with me, beatrice? Okay, well, all of those names (Multi, Kansas P. and e_m) have been around long enough that if they were all trolls--or if they were all one great big dumb troll--those trolls or troll would have had their names zapped by now, don't you think? I do.

bearded_gnome 7 years, 12 months ago

sumbuddy bedder stop dissin' my homegirl MS_Canada. I don' wanna have to get postal!

seriously, I'm just tuning in late, what the heck happened w/MSC...some one care to drop me an e-mail to 'splain? thanks.

hang in there MSC. you are a fine lady.

moralebooster 7 years, 12 months ago

bea,

You're partially correct.
Multi has multiple screen names. One day she had 63 posts under the multi name and someone mentioned it, I think then she started using other names. I think she is about 14 yrs old and doesn't go to school. This must be her life.

The redmeat comics are safe to view and they are very funny. I think Hannibal posted one or two of them them and everyone else copied the links.

You sound bitter and unhappy and rather crude yourself. You spend a lot of time criticizing others. I'll pray for you.

easy_mark 7 years, 12 months ago

bea...no, we're not. omb put the red meat comics on here first I think.That was the first I saw anyway. Lots of people have posted them, you can make your own too. Go see them they're really weird, but some are really funny. Who ever that person is, didn't want me pointing out anything to you, so the comics..well, you'll get the message that was being sent to me LOL! I'm done with work, I've got to get to bed. Night!

beatrice 7 years, 12 months ago

ms_c: yes, kansas prairland, h_b, multidisciplinary, easy_mark, and several others are clearly one and the same person. One clue are all the people who have the link to some redmeat dot com thing. I haven't clicked on it, so I don't know what he is pushing. I would suggest ignoring him. He thinks it is a game. Very nice. Don't worry, I'm suspect that next week he will find a hair growing where he doesn't presently have any and then I'm sure he will have something new to play with. It is just a shame that some parents don't monitor what their children are doing on the computer.

Have a nice evening ms_c.

ms_canada 7 years, 12 months ago

Gee guys - I am so sorry that this h_b thing has ecalated so badly. All I did today was to answer ceallach's inquiry. I have a strong suspicion that kansas prairieland is h_b. so k_p just a little message to you. I looked over my posts for the last couple of days and I fail to see where you can say that I was not truthful and I would appreciate you just typing out any sentance in my posts that you deem untruthful. Just click on my name go to my profile and click on view all. I'm sure you know all about that. Just read the first two pages of my posts and send me an email with the sentence or sentences that are untruthful. Could you please do that for me. Because, I, like you, do not like untruth. Since this thing started there are only a few of my posts that relate to h_b. So you won't have to read too much. Please. I don't like this to hang in the air like this. It is late and you may not see this. In the morning I will leave you a note to look here.

Katie_Horner 7 years, 12 months ago

easy,

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I was shaving and waxing. It is so painful, but so worth it.

Have a drink. There is much suffering to endure before our deaths.

easy_mark 7 years, 12 months ago

Katie, I missed the weather. Are we gonna die, or can I have a drink tonight?

beatrice 7 years, 12 months ago

if a clown slips on a banana peel with no one around to see it, does he deserve a laugh?

easy_mark 7 years, 12 months ago

roflmao

ok, I got the hints. er..comics.er...threats :D

I'll shut up. If they don't get it, they don't get it. hahahahaha

Why don't you post some of the "blind/naive" ones while you're at it? I think bug eyed Earl has some good ones!

:P

beatrice 7 years, 12 months ago

e_m: Oh, I get it. There is a big difference between being a jerk and just acting like one. Uh hu, sure there is.

Ceallach 7 years, 12 months ago

Did someone wee-wee in k_p's cornflakes or what? After ms_canada answered my question she was dumped on again!! What's with that? ms_c is not prone to exaggeration, and if she felt blasted that's good enough for me. Besides, we usually allow people to say how they feel whether we agree with it or not. I'm not blasting k_p, I just don't understand why she/he started the post as something to share. . .

I tried to look back and see what he had said but apparently all of his posts have been deleted, so if someone has a copy of them I would like to read it.

Thanks,

Ceallach

Multidisciplinary 7 years, 12 months ago

See, I even messed up the edit LOL.

Multidisciplinary 7 years, 12 months ago

Ron, now that Lucifer is back, I all brain functions will be overshadowed with depair, and therefore malfunctioning. My apologizes for errors, I plan to be on less for that reason.

As for some syrup.. http://www.redmeat.com/redmeat/2001-01-23/index.html

easy_mark 7 years, 12 months ago

Am I the only one giggling here? Doesn't anyone else see? Horrific was trying to tell you something there LOL. Read the posts, and inbetween!

OTSSweeper 7 years, 12 months ago

hottruckinmama 7 years, 12 months ago

i think its sure possible hugs. they all seem to have about the same nasty tone. actually i kind of hope it is the same person. i'd hate to think there are that many different mean people around.

hugs_and_kisses 7 years, 12 months ago

Hottruckinmomma, I just saw your post! I do vaguely recall the name "hoofy" from way back around the time of the presidential election. He was always talking about Kerry being Herman Munster and spewing hate towards liberals, stuff like that. Oh, God! You mean he's been around here for the past year-and-a-half so using one outrageous name after another?!

beatrice 7 years, 12 months ago

Agreed, mama. k_p: The things on the 21st didn't bother me. It was when he came back the next day, the 22nd, to continue arguing with Ms.C when I took umbrage. Plus, the name calling on other posts just proved he wasn't fit to swim in the adult pool yet. Further, it is going over the line when a poster sends personal messages, especially when you have had little or no interaction previously.

One last thing, since I first mentioned the dance analogy for the village idiot h_b: a person actually can dance alone. Picture the hippie/noodle dance. All alone and taking up more than their fair share of the dance floor. h_b didn't understand the rules of the dance, and danced himself off the stage and now must appear wearing a mask, using different names. Big whoop. I'm still here. So who poked who with the stick, and who made whom dance?

hugs_and_kisses 7 years, 12 months ago

Now that I think of it, I wonder if beale is also Confrontation??

Confrontation is a little whacked in the head himself/herself!! How many names do you suppose that this fool has (or had), anyway??!! 50??!!

hugs_and_kisses 7 years, 12 months ago

I think that this beale guy is that same outrageous person who just a few weeks ago had a moniker like "I want to put my meat....." I can't say the rest, I'll get banned myself! It was on a Saturday, I think. There were all kinds of bizarre names popping up that day! Sexually explicit ones! If all of these names are the work of the same disturbed guy, then all I can say is "wow!". This guy must be nuts! And actually, now that I think of it, was beale the same guy who last night called himself "guy who defends other posters"?? I ask, because that poster wanted someone to get cancer and die! Which is a very weird thing to say!

hottruckinmama 7 years, 12 months ago

about the howard beale/miss canada thing: i have a suspision that this howard may have been howard aka hoofy aka mr. joe aka kansas. that guy is just plain mean as a snake. i tangled with him last summer and i tell you he has got some issues. i sorry that happened to you miss canada you seem to be a nice lady.

kansas_prairieland 7 years, 12 months ago

kcwarpony,

I know that Beale was some sort of troll person. And yes, he was obnoxious. But I posted that day (the 21st) when he was going back and forth with Ms. Canada and I'll say it again...I don't recall him being mean and/or rude to her (with words or phrases).

He was insulting to some other posters over on the Wal Mart board, true. I just think that with respect to Ms. Canada, and her direct dealings with Beale, I think she was exaggerating a little. Now maybe the next day he called her names. Okay! Fine! But that first day (the 21st) I didn't find his posts to her to be that bad. He didn't care for Carter and she does.

I knew somebody here would jump all over me. I expected that. That's okay. And what I said about "Beale being gone so who cares"....that was meant to say that I. like the rest of you, didn't want to spend all day and night talking about some nutty poster who's no longer with us (at least with that moniker).

jonas 7 years, 12 months ago

Maybe laser storms are god on shrooms. Cuz you know, if you were able to create lasers while you were on shrooms, then you probably would.

For those of you shrieking blasphemy, c'mon. . . the guys the biggest grower in the world!

mushflorp 7 years, 12 months ago

He's a real inmate at a mental helth place .Please ignore him he is slow & stupid crazy. lots of love..........mushflorp

horrific_changeling 7 years, 12 months ago

Beatrice, I noticed when you said that about having him dance...that he was already making everyone else dance in the first place. Hadn't you noticed? That was his point. His comments were unimportant, he was just playing with you all! Think of that name, think of the movie! Someone even put a link on to give you a clue, was that kcwarpony? I think he had it figured out.

beatrice 7 years, 12 months ago

k_p: The Beale / Canada Incident, as it will henceforth be called, wasn't just the immediate argument. What bothered me about Beale (and his varied aliases that are still with us) was that he insisted on continuing the argument into the next day. He also wrote me a person e-mail. yuck. Given the tenor of his posts on other stories, where he was calling people liars and idiots, I knew he wasn't long for this board. My favorite was "I don't have facts to back that up, but ..." followed by name calling. I figured he was just looking for an e-fight. I, as did a few others apparently, decided to take him on, as did a few others, apparently. He was acting like a posting bully, it was silly and ugly, thus he made an easy target.

Without Ms. C. asking for any help or assistance, I decided, as did others, to bait h_b, also known as "poking with a stick." He took the bait and sure enough he went stupid, writing some word that was so far over the LJWorld's line of decency that he got yanked for good. I missed his parting shot, but none the less I say good ridance.

Not attacking you, k_p, just telling my side of the story. Ms. C. was nothing but her kind self.

Besides, it is another sunny day in the low 80s here in Phoenix, with no hail in site. I can't take part in today's question. bea

unconservitiveperson 7 years, 12 months ago

I thought librals don't own property.... And bad things only happen to sinners.....

kcwarpony 7 years, 12 months ago

kansas_prairieland,

Howard_beale was very disrespectful towards Ms. Canada (among others) in the way in which he was arguing his point. Ms. Canada has the right to tell her side as she sees it from her personal point of view and/or experience.

"Your depiction of what went on between you and Beale (repeat, you and Beale, not Beale and others here) was not 100 percent true)." You are calling Ms. Canada a liar.

Ms. Canada wrote: "he was just generally obnoxious with his remarks about J. Carter and blasting me for my support of Jimmy."

I recall the encounter Ms. Canada had with howard_beale and I find her statement to be accurate.

I have lurked around this board for two years now and I have never gotten the impression, not once, that she has ever been dishonest or try to turn something into what its' not .

And after all you wrote, you add "he's gone now. So, who cares, right?" You call someone a liar and then go "So, who cares..."

Your actions make no sense to me.

Gootsie 7 years, 12 months ago

Thank you all for brainstorming on my ball of ice! I actually had to work today- bummer!

It is in my freezer right now next to the World's Largest frozen pickle, or my "Dilly of a Chilly Dilly."

YourItalianPrincess 7 years, 12 months ago

I heard that works so I will be trying it come hot weather we get in the summer. For now the dings can stay because who knows what else is headed our way this year.

glockenspiel 7 years, 12 months ago

just a tip, don't know if this works, but it makes sense. Wait until it is very hot outside and your car is nice and hot, place ice cubes in the hail dents.

Again, I've never tried this myself, just thought I'd throw it out there.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 7 years, 12 months ago

Carports are very susceptible to micro-bursts

myidea 7 years, 12 months ago

yeah. . .storm dented my car. . . already paying the $1000 deductible for the roof. . .you know what they say. . .stuff happens.

Thorny_Ramathorn 7 years, 12 months ago

Das_Ubermime- the construction of the temple in your honor has been called off, sorry for the embarrassment....

Ron_B - No syrup chugging lately, it upsets the ulcer. "Who wants a mustache ride?"

neopolss 7 years, 12 months ago

Gootsie, you can put your hail stone in my museum. Located at the Clinton Pkwy roundabout, the fruitcake museum showcases fruitcakes from the entire world, and offers plausable theories about the location of the original fruitcake. Some believe it was created out of spite, "one to rule them all." Still others believe the creation was entirely accidental. Come visit and judge for yourself. You'll have plenty of time, as I have lined the exit with icre cream droppings from downtown. Just follow the balloons.

YourItalianPrincess 7 years, 12 months ago

The thing with Spangles is this...........

The first 100 people there are given free food for 1 year, but heres the catch:

When you arrive you couldn't leave. My son told he his friend went there and they do this role call thing. They call out names every 20 or 30 minutes and you have to prove your number and show your ID. So basically you can't leave, you can't have someone take your place either. His friends number was 128 and by around midnight his number had gone down.

Theres always a catch to everything I believe. At least thats what my dad says.

Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream........Free cone from noon until 8 pm I think, but could be wrong.

I want a carport, anyone know how much they cost to install?

kansas_prairieland 7 years, 12 months ago

Just to clarify, Ms. Canada, I just don't seem to recall Beale being obnoxious to you and "blasting" you, personally. He got into with a few others here, yes. But I just don't seem to remember him jumping all over you, personally. But anyway, he's gone now. So, who cares, right? Okay, well, have a great day everyone! Oh, and I have a garage! No dents or dings on my car from hail! :)

sgtwolverine 7 years, 12 months ago

Das, actually, I think laser storms are just the unhappy result of the spectacular laser shows that occur daily at some great amusement park in space. Why see one when you can be one?

kansas_prairieland 7 years, 12 months ago

Hello everyone! I've got something to share with all of you......

No doubt that Beale guy was a little nutty! This is true! And it would appear as though he's gone (I think! LOL!) Anyway, with due respect Ms. Canada, I do recall his posts to you, and I don't recall him "blasting you" personally. I recall him telling you that Jimmy Carter was a failure (and he kept saying that over and over). But it seemed to me like he just simply disagreed with you. He did go nuts over on the other board with that whole Wal Mart topic, this is true! And I believe it was because of what he said over there that was what got him banned.

Now why do I say all of this? Well, because you're not very accurate Ms. Canada when you say what you said about your encounter with Beale. Now I realize that everyone here is now going to jump all over me because you seem to be very popular here, and as such, I may have commited a grave sin by disagreeing with you, Ms. Canada, but I'm sorry. Your depiction of what went on between you and Beale (repeat, you and Beale, not Beale and others here) was not 100 percent true). And that kind of bothers me a little. I'm just setting the record straight. I hate trolls just like everyone else here, believe me! But I also hate lies and distortions of truth too. Hopefully Beale is gone for good! And now things will go back to normal. Great!! But you know, it's true what they say, "in war the first casualty is truth". And Beale did seem like he was at war with a few posters here, but it does seem like "truth" went out the door along with Beale.

I'm sorry if everyone hates me now, but like I said, it bothers me when people "distort the truth a little" even when they think that they are okay and someone else is being a jerk. You know, when you play fast and loose with the truth" you are no better than someone like that Beale guy!!

Das_Ubermime 7 years, 12 months ago

Thorny, Um, I don't want to be a mentor or a hero. Makes me think of someone with a poster of me on their wall and that is just creeeeeepy.

sgt, So if rain is God crying, then is a laser storm God giving a presentation?

I'm horribly tempted to tell my daughter that when it rains, it is God crying for all of the cute bunnies he had to kill since she didn't eat her peas during dinner.

djazz 7 years, 12 months ago

How can you be sure that "Inmate" is really an inmate?

sunflower_sue 7 years, 12 months ago

RI, yep! I climbed up there and poked around. I'll go back up today. Could be that adjusters have better vision than I do and just may tell me my roof is condemned. Gootsie doesn't seem to want to share her large ice ball with me:(

Ms_C, I think h_b was just generally too nasty and had a permanent zap wish. Then again, I think he has 2 dozen other aliases.

RonBurgandy 7 years, 12 months ago

md - you are "buying the way"? How much does that cost?

thorny - chugged any good bottles of syrup lately?

Klondike bars all around!

Multidisciplinary 7 years, 12 months ago

Mustang, if there weren't any miscreants from Topeka, and no one got into a fight, and there weren't a car lot of police, and ambulances, etc...then we don't care :D.

They have the worst commercials, I switch channels, and doubt I'll go now.

Buy the way, did they happen to have any Klondike Bars?

ms_canada 7 years, 12 months ago

ceallach - this thing with howard_beale has all blown over as he got shown the gate. But it was the day in the dispute about Jimmy Carter on the Donald Rumsfeld question. I did not catch the last thing he must have said to get him yanked, but he was just generally obnoxious with his remarks about J. Carter and blasting me for my support of Jimmy. I did not think that that should have got him yanked , so , perhaps someone else remembers what he did to really anger David Ryan.

outoftowner 7 years, 12 months ago

Posted by The_Original_Bob (anonymous) on April 25, 2006 at 9:12 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Gootsie - You are from Western Kansas. You know what to do with that hail stone. Open up your house, charge a buck a head, make some silly tshirts, pens, postcards, etc... Also, it will be imperative for you to put up billboards on I-70 every 10 miles starting in Salina. Come see Gootsie's Big Ball of Ice.

Then of course you'll have to add to that ball of ice every time it hails so you're sure to have the "biggest ball of ice" in the world. That's surely something to see!

Multidisciplinary 7 years, 12 months ago

All can rest easy on the board, the bad karma has come to my house. First the lightening, now, the EX FROM HELL is back. Sigh.

mustang2769 7 years, 12 months ago

I think the LJW suffered brain damage from the hail storm. Spangles grand opening was today with a 24 hour tailgating party prior to the grand opening and commercials with more hype then any restaurant prior to it and the ljw can't even run a story about it today.

acg 7 years, 12 months ago

You guys kill me. Harley, groooaaaannnn "captive audience"? That was so bad I had to laugh and then admonish myself for doing it.

We had no damage at ole Lake D, which I'm happy for. We had some pea sized hail. It was enough to spook the dog but that's about it. Sorry to all of those that sustained damage. That blows.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 12 months ago

Ooh, a laser defense system. I like it. Maybe I'll install a laser defense system and move my house underground.

Jonas, don't worry -- Katie's forecast later this week may include a chance of showers and laserstorms. You'll be all set then.

Thorny_Ramathorn 7 years, 12 months ago

because D_U, you're already my hero.

Thorny_Ramathorn 7 years, 12 months ago

Das_Ubermime, will you be my mentor?

blue73harley 7 years, 12 months ago

I like having Inmate around because I prefer a "captive" audience.

jonas 7 years, 12 months ago

Oh man, and here I just spend $26000 on a defensive matrix that defends against lasers. Clarify, please!

Das_Ubermime 7 years, 12 months ago

sgt, you don't need to park your car upside down, just install an automated laser defense matrix (one that uses lasers, not one that defends against lasers). If it is good enough for nukes, then hail shouldn't be a problem.

That or you could have your house and garage underground. Not only would it protect against hail, it would also protect against tornados. This way, when the tornado sirens go off, your friends and neighbors can all file in underground with you. Of course, then you would have to eat them, but at least the noise ordinance concerns would be minimized...

JPT 7 years, 12 months ago

I was out driving and just parked my car in a carwash bay until the storm passed.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 7 years, 12 months ago

S.S. Have you got the ladder out and crawled up there yet?

12k damage to my little Arkansas shack....

sgtwolverine 7 years, 12 months ago

I think there is a simple solution to this problem of hail damage to cars: park the cars upside down! That would eliminate nasty hail dings on your hood, roof and trunk.

However, I don't think that would work for houses.

Thorny_Ramathorn 7 years, 12 months ago

Lived in this town 7 years, bought a new car just 3 weeks ago (not new new, but a 2004. So new to me). 3 big dingeroos, about 10 little ones on my hood. Damn the luck.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 12 months ago

I, too, miss e_m!

Gootsie, May I borrow your hail stone for a little while? I would just like to see what my roof would look like after being hit by that thing a few dozen times.:o) Oh, you might not get it back. Is that OK?

boogeyman 7 years, 12 months ago

I took inmate's humor to reflect the irony that he's "safely tucked away" in prison and he's making fun of that situation like he usually does.

Ceallach 7 years, 12 months ago

When you are in "stir" you may have a tendency to stir things up. Inmate is always good for an early morning smile -- thanks, Inmate.

Azure_Attitude 7 years, 12 months ago

Wish I could have seen what howie wrote before it got yanked, but pitty the fool that messes with our Ms_C!!!! Well, he may deserve only scorn, not our pity.

BTW, thanks for the props about my post the other day regarding Jimmy Carter, Ms_C! Sure we've had better prezs, but I think he's far too maligned than he deserves

K_B, Honored to be on your list of mentors.

I miss e_m too!!! He's a Phoenix though, he'll rise again.

Had to get all my comments in today. I'm getting busy and may have to neglect OTS for the rest of the day. . . dang work!

Tony Kisner 7 years, 12 months ago

I'm not a big fan of untrained preachers, but into the pulpit I go:

I saw several people out last night walking while lighting struck the ground all over town. What is up? When evaluating choices sometimes it comes down to risk reward, - upside I get to have a romantic walk in the rain with my beloved - downside I get 200K volts of electricity in one final swansong. Possible upside my not-so beloved gets the big buzz, and I am free to pursue others?

Thanks for the vent.

killjoy 7 years, 12 months ago

legolas1996, If you read Inmates previous posts, I think you'll see he's commenting in a humorous vein. Most of his humor is self deprecating. His comments are usually early in the morning and brief (seems he gets 10 min. of Internet per day). His stuff is usually funny. I don't think he/she means to offend or "stir up" anyone

Ceallach 7 years, 12 months ago

Das, you silly guy!! It does say something good about God -- it says He is patient :)

Ceallach 7 years, 12 months ago

MD, I have a "survivor" tree in my front yard. The poor thing has been struck by lightening 2 times!! First time popped the center section out, leaving a Y shape. Couple of years later when it has started filling in lightening popped the left main branch off. Neither strike killed her and she just keeps coming back and sending new branches to fill the gaps. She is an Ash and makes great shade on the front of the house, so I will keep her as long as possible :)

ms_c, I'm going to have to read previous days -- did someone give you a bad time? Shame on them!! Our office is moving today and tomorrow so at any time I could be puterless :- btw, I too miss e_m, but apparently he is doing well without OTS :(

Back to the question :) They say I need a new roof from the wind portion of the March 12? storm. It looks good to me so I am going to get a second opinion. I think they just don't bother to visit some houses, just assume they need a new roof (anyway, if I have to pay $500 for my part of the roof, I want to be sure I need one!!).

No damage from most recent hail, my baby Lincoln was safely parked in the garage.

Das_Ubermime 7 years, 12 months ago

Oh, I realize what inmate is doing. Just thought I would have fun back.

Plus, isn't there a story in the Bible about a person who observed these disasters and said that the word of God was not in the disasters, but in the peace which came after the disasters? Something to the effect of misfortunes are a way of reminding us what we are fortunate for?

Azure_Attitude 7 years, 12 months ago

I have dings on my hood, but my hubby's truck was spared. Reckon God likes him better'n'me. Life juss ain't far.

legolas1996 7 years, 12 months ago

Inmate is just saying those things to stir people up.

Das_Ubermime 7 years, 12 months ago

No. No hail, no power outage, hardly even any rain.

So, if inmate's reasoning is right, then I was spared because I live right. Now, if I live in accordance with God's will, and I am an atheist, then what does that say about God? Things that make you go hmmm...

The_Original_Bob 7 years, 12 months ago

ms_canada 7 years, 12 months ago

We are finally getting some spring weather here. Nice and sunny and warm. No hail, so no damage. I remember once being at a football game with my good man and it started to hail. We had one coat between us and we held it over our heads. No damage to our heads but boy did our fingers sustain some bruises. Those suckers sure can hurt. :o) About that howard guy. He will be back when he figures out a way. But, I sure do miss e_m. We need him back. Who is with me on that? Also, I thank those who jumped to my defense and had such lovely things to say. They made my day. Thanx.

lilchick 7 years, 12 months ago

Darn you RonBurgandy!!!! I was planning on being productive at work today! There's always one....more....level!!!!

DaREEKKU 7 years, 12 months ago

Where's Pat Robertson to explain the mechanics of nature when you need him? God shall smiteth all of thee!

Multidisciplinary 7 years, 12 months ago

Anyone want to take care of the things at my house that got fried last night?

When Katie say, "Move away from the windows, that means, don't look out the damn windows idiot!"

ZAPPED

Can we say...one expensive bolt of lightening?

Marion Lynn 7 years, 12 months ago

Cut the grass; 8 a.m.

Woke up the neighbours, heh, heh.

As far as the hail storm goes, we opine; completely unsupported by facts or evidence that it was not a hailsorm but rather a terrorist attack or the testing by the gonvernment of "Blue Ice" weapons on an unsuspecting public!

On aircraft biosolids are contained in tanks below the rest rooms and , then emptied when the plane arrives at its destination. On rare occasions a tank leaks and its contents, including a blue disinfectant, fall to earth. Because it's so cold so high up, the chunks are frozen when they land and are referred to as "blue ice."

We suspect that either terrorists or the goverrnment collected biosolids from hundreds of aricract, froze it and then using specially desinged fighter bombers inundated Lawrence with the goo.

Using a top secret coating to generate staic electricity on the wings of the attacking planes to cover the engine noise and confuse the public, these aircraft took action against the civilian population.

We further suspect that the high winds were actually the exhaust emitted from the aircraft as they passed overhead.

Do not doubt the power of frozen biosolids or "Blue Ice" when ejected from aircarft by accident or design!

This incident is absolute proof of the destructive power:

Behold the power of poop!

Thanks.

Marion.

paladin 7 years, 12 months ago

The paint on my helmet got chiped and scratched pretty badly. I'll have to have it professionally repainted or it won't be smooth. And my shirt got ripped up, but it was from the Wal-Mart, so that's inconsequential. My shopping cart sustained no damage at all.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 12 months ago

But neo, I've always enjoyed sitting on a roundabout with my mentor and eating fruitcake during a hailstorm. Do you really want to take that away from me?

heidi_b 7 years, 12 months ago

My son ran outside to roll up the car windows, and got hit in the head, by a quarter sized hail stone...hard enough to get a bump!

enochville 7 years, 12 months ago

As I said yesterday, yes, I have several dings on my car now. I wish my apartment had a garage or overhang.

Katie_Horner 7 years, 12 months ago

Inmate, That would make me the conduit of God. I think God want's everyone to love each other because... We're all gonna die! Love, Katie

Mike Blur 7 years, 12 months ago

Gootsie, chop that stone in half and count the layers. That's how many times it went down and up in the storm cloud--each trip adds another layer.

Pea-size hail out here in the stix.

inmate 7 years, 12 months ago

It's God's plan; he takes care of those who live right. I was tucked away safely, but others were punished.

blue73harley 7 years, 12 months ago

Like Emily, we live a little south of town near the lake - no damage.

YourItalianPrincess 7 years, 12 months ago

Well as I told you yesterday in the story about hail is my car got little damage. Well of course after the rain ended, the car dried off there were the dings and dents. I have about 15 to 20 on my hood now.

Was at Motorsport for my son last night and a man told me that the little ones may pop back up when it gets hot out, but the big ones won't. He said theres a company that can fix them but it would cost about $200.00. Claiming it with my insurance company would cost me a $500.00 deduct so who knows what I'm going to do.

I guess living in the Midwest you deal with this at times, but what a drag. I feel for the ones who got major damage to their cars with broken windows and dents.

Gootsie 7 years, 12 months ago

Nope! But we did have a 2.5" stone in our yard. It is now in our freezer. I had no idea there was this much damage!

Good morning!