Previous   Next

Would you want to have your boss’ job?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 16, 2005

Browse the archives

“Yes, I would like to have my boss’ job. We have a great team, and I would be proud to lead them.”

“Definitely not. I don’t like my job enough to want my boss’ job.”

“No. Just because I recently graduated and want to go into an unrelated field.”

“Yeah. I like bossing people around. I’m much better at telling people what to do than doing it myself.”

Related story

Comments

sickofitall 8 years, 6 months ago

I am suprised that anyone in Lawrence has a job. They are usually to busy protesting some pointless issue. Treehuggin bastards

thunderbuns 8 years, 6 months ago

gccs14r:

Yes, it is the place you're thinking of. It has changed names 3 or 4 times. Once it changes its name to "Hell", it'll be completely accurate. In all my years I've never seen a place like that. If your money is there, get it out ASAP. Hide it under your mattress! It'd be safer! They will bleed you dry for everything you've got!

And I work there! God forgive me!!

I'm looking for another job now. Anything but "Hell" !!!!

gccs14r 8 years, 6 months ago

If I stay where I am, I should have it in 10-15 years. With a little luck I'll be qualified to hold it then.

Thunderbuns,

If it's the place I'm thinking of, it has been a good place to flee from for some time now. Isn't it due for a name change again?

bearded_gnome 8 years, 6 months ago

being Sunday, thoughts naturally run to ... well ... what will the ban be proposed this week? any suggestions?

here are a few: A. ban potholes? b. tree swaying, causes traffic distraction. c. KU flags offensive to K-state. d. red trucks, banned just because. e. beer cans, banned to force something more biodegradeable in its place.
...

My boss? well , Mrs. gnome I suppose and no I wouldn't want her job.

"every inche a King!" that's actually a quote from Shakespeare.

ms_canada 8 years, 6 months ago

Oh boy oh boy would I ever love to have his job. I would operate the company so differently it would make his head spin. And mine. As sue says, it is too complicated to go into. Well, I guess not that complicated. If I was boss, I would sell the cruddy company and retire. So there!!!

sunflower_sue 8 years, 6 months ago

This ? is too complicated for me to comment on. (I have 2 bosses. I'm one and my father-in-law is the other.):o)

Got on my red. Chief's better pull one out today!

thunderbuns 8 years, 6 months ago

My boss? Where I work, this is the motto:

"Leaders are like eagles. We don't have either of them here."

There's a certain financial institution on Mass St that I'd recommend everyone flee from. Trust me my friends, there are NO Eagles there! (I know from personal experience working there).

even_money 8 years, 6 months ago

When a secretary's idea is stolen by her boss, she seizes an opportunity to steal it back by pretending she has her boss's job.

Gives a whole 'nother meaning to "Working Girl."

Dixie Jones 8 years, 6 months ago

hum shall i suck up and save my job or shall i tell the truth ...... HELL yeah i want my bosses job.. now where do i apply???

offtotheright 8 years, 6 months ago

I only want to be the boss of myself. That is hard enough!

Next Question: 'Why do you think their are so many infant murders in Lawrence'?

one_more_bob 8 years, 6 months ago

No way I'd want my boss's job, I might wind up with employees like me!

italianprincess 8 years, 6 months ago

I am the boss................LOL

Have a great day everyone.

lunacydetector 8 years, 6 months ago

-sue zupancic is flirting with disaster. her boss, if he reads the journal world, might think she is gunning for his or her job. -aaron swaggerty hates her job. -jess vahsholtz hates his job. -lauren barker sounds like she wants to be a boss nobody wants to have. the kind of boss that takes all the credit for work they never did, perhaps?

as for me, i am my own boss (i'm retired) and i wouldn't have it any other way. :)

redbird 8 years, 6 months ago

Sure I would and then I could be a "working" supervisor also.....only to work 20% of the time and get paid for the whole 40....bad concept even worse that it is hapeening!!!!

even_money 8 years, 6 months ago

Might it be that fewer jobs means less demand on the sewage system?

b_asinbeer 8 years, 6 months ago

So, is the journal world trying to get people fired this weekend?

even_money 8 years, 6 months ago

I see the reporter got back from their outting to Checker's

Jclarkson 8 years, 6 months ago

I'm with Aaron. I wouldn't want my bosses job either. I dont like my job....plus the added responsibility and enlightenment that comes with being management, not for me.

GreenEyedBlues 8 years, 6 months ago

I hope Aaron Swaggerty's boss doesn't read LJWorld. You might not have a job come Monday, Mr. S.

Conversely, I think Sue Zupancic is wishing her boss reads the paper to score some points! LOL