Previous   Next

What are you thankful for?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on November 24, 2005

Browse the archives

“My family. Without them, I would have no one to rely on.”

“My family and friends. That we’re able to get together during this time of year. I’m thankful everyone’s healthy and for all of the hospitality here in Lawrence.”

“I’m thankful to be somewhere nice and cool for Thanksgiving and for my dogs, because they are my true loved ones.”

“For family and friends, life and God’s goodness. Those are the most important things.”

Comments

sunflower_sue 8 years, 4 months ago

What an awesome day! Ate waaaayyyy too much. Laughed with my friends and my family and had a generally terrific time. Going to bed now after I suck down a few tums. Hope you all had as wonderful a day as I had. Colder than a witches tata out there so all of you going home tonight drive carefully. Wouldn't want to be stuck out in the cold!

Forgot to say I was thankful for the dream I had this morning...I got to see, talk to, and hug my hubby's late g.ma. It was a really great way to start my day. She was such a dear, sweet woman! Night all! (And sweet dreams!)

yellowrose 8 years, 4 months ago

I'm thankful for my wonderful loving husband whom I don't deserve, a close relationship with a wonderful sister, my talents, my pastor and church family, the start of good relationships with relatives, good friends and mentors and for Jesus who gave his life that I might live to be thankful for all of this. I pray that everyone has had and is still having a very blessed and Happy Thanksgiving day.

KristinP 8 years, 4 months ago

I am thankful for my family and friends, of course, if I wasn't then I think there is something wrong with me. My church and the ministry of it, Celebrate Recovery. My pastor. And, #1, Jesus and the grace of God that saved me, without Him, none of the other things or my life would even be here posting this message.

Staci Dark Simpson 8 years, 4 months ago

Thanks be to God for providing me with all I have, a child, a loving hubby, good friends and finally able to own my own home. Hope you are all having a great day and not spending your holiday alone. (unless you want to)

OldEnuf2BYurDad 8 years, 4 months ago

I'm thankful for the emotional and spiritual healing God has brought me.

For my wife, who I clearly do not deserve.

For my family, especially for the opportunity to visit my family here in L.A. this year.

For the dolphins who swam by as we ate breakfast on the 75 degree beach in Malibu yesterday. Yeah, it was really THAT cool.

I hope all of you (even the extremists) have a thanks-filled holiday. :)

ms_canada 8 years, 4 months ago

marion - I want to commend you for your good post on this day of giving thanks for all the blessings we receive. I thank you for the good words.

italianprincess 8 years, 4 months ago

Hi Marion,

That was a truely nice post. I hope you and yours have a great Thanksgiving.

Marion Lynn 8 years, 4 months ago

Happy Thanksgiving to our service people..wherever they may be; at home or in distant lands as they defend this nation and promote freedom world wide.

Thank you all for your service, Happy Thanksgiving and may you arrive safely home.

Thanks.

Marion.

Liberty 8 years, 4 months ago

For God, Family, and ability to live with the absolute promise of eternal life from Jesus the Christ who was raised from the dead and lives for ever more. For without God in your life, you can do nothing.

ms_canada 8 years, 4 months ago

I send you all special greetings from a very sunny San Diego for a very blessed Thanksgiving Day. I am very grateful for the wonderful time that I was accorded on my visit to Lawrence. I was treated so well by everyone that I met. I was reduced to tears on several occaisions. Tears if joy, of course. God is so good, and don't you all forget it. :o)

italianprincess 8 years, 4 months ago

I'm thankful for my family thats here, my family and friends in Cali, and hope that everyone out there is having a fantastic Thanksgiving.

I pray that our troops over seas who can't join their loved ones on this Thanksgiving day are safe and also having a true Thanksgiving feast. May God watch over all of you until you are all home safe and sound. My early Christmas wish for the war to end and for you to come home before Christmas to be with your families.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and have a blessed day.

bearded_gnome 8 years, 4 months ago

thankful for being an American.

thankful for modern medicine which has saved my life several times over already.

thankful for my good wife, and a noble dog.

thankful for the love of God under it all.

I am thankful for this forum, too. I enjoy participating!

even_money, are you or are you not "on vacation?" nice to see 'ya again! ferget the fancy glasses, they just have to be washed; if you drink from the bottle, saves dirty dishes...

happy thanksgiving. a thankful heart lightens the burdens.

memoirs_of_a_sleepwalker 8 years, 4 months ago

I'm thankful to be living in a state that encourages critical thinking, tolerance, diversity, respect, and love. Oh, wait . . .

one_more_bob 8 years, 4 months ago

Health, friends, living in this great land. And the fact that the most recent Batman movie was actually pretty cool.

sunflower_sue 8 years, 4 months ago

I'm thankful for tall the crap that happens that makes us really appreciate all the good stuff! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

goatdog 8 years, 4 months ago

I'm thankful that the greedy christian pig americans are going to lose their oil grabbing war.

i_tching 8 years, 4 months ago

Air, water, food, shelter, family, the occasional goodness of my fellow humans, pretty much in that order.

And Coltrane. Gotta have good music.

even_money 8 years, 4 months ago

Drat. I'm supposed to be on vacation--maybe looking at curvy glasses with those little umbrellas in them. Instead, I am reminded of an incident where I should be thankful. Parking for three hours downtown last Tuesday only cost me $4.50. It could have been ten times that had I not paid the tickets. Must have been the full moon.

Thank-you parking goddesses.

jonas 8 years, 4 months ago

That my tumor, though quite large, looks from the side quite a lot like elmer fudd.

That's wight, wabbit!

GreenEyedBlues 8 years, 4 months ago

I'm thankful for family and youth! [my personal youth not like... little kids]

I'm also thankful for Lawrence.com and living in a country where I can get away with saying whatever is on my mind.

Everyone cook your turkeys, Tofurkies, legs of lamb, geese, or bottles of Jim Beam the best way you know how! Happy Thanksgiving.

enochville 8 years, 4 months ago

God's mercy and grace. My life. My family. My capabilities and resources, and much, much more. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

b_asinbeer 8 years, 4 months ago

Everything and anything that makes every day worth living for. I hope everyone has a great thanksgiving.