Previous   Next

What does Kansas have to do to beat Texas?

Asked at Jefferson's Restaurant on November 12, 2005

Browse the archives

“The offense has to show up ready to get the job done. If they do that, we’ll have it made.”

“Don’t play Luke. Play Swanson at quarterback, and get the ball into Charles Gordon’s hands.”

“Win or die trying.”

“Stop Vince Young and work hard on offense.”

Related story

Comments

Adam 9 years, 1 month ago

My Keys To The Game Gain at least 150 yds rushing Don't give up big plays on special teams Win the turnover battle limit big plays

That's a lot, but it's not easy to slay a dragon :)

bearded_gnome 9 years, 1 month ago

Thanks OMB...well I do try.

{bowing towards the south. }

Jclarkson 9 years, 1 month ago

I think we have a chance to beat Texas.

Not a good chance...but a chance.

If we can contain Vince Young then we stand a chance.....However Texas is "riled up" for this game. I guess you need to get excited about this game when you're Texas. I hate Texas.

I would love to win this game. I hope we play well. I hate Texas.

audvisartist 9 years, 1 month ago

Free toothbrushes for everyone if Kansas beats Texas!

italianprincess 9 years, 1 month ago

Good Luck Gentlemen of KU.........I wish you all the luck in the world, now go out and kick some @%$.

You know you want it so go and get it. Thats all you need to win. If you want it bad enough then work for it.

sweatpeagj 9 years, 1 month ago

Ok..don't really care about college sports but Jclarkson why the "hate Texas" attitude?? Did you get rejected by the whole state??

thunderbuns 9 years, 1 month ago

Score more points than them......

Next question please.......

killjoy 9 years, 1 month ago

A game-ending injury to their quarterback would be sufficient. I wouldn't ask for anything more like arab terrorist to attack the bus or a suicide bomber in their locker room, because that would be sick....and a bit excessive.

Maybe if someone could slip their mascot some amphetamines and it decided to attack the home teams's sidelines.

I don't suppose they would let anyone carry crossbows into the stadium. maybe water balloons with caustic chemicals.

I'm not suggesting that any of these things happen; I'm just answering the question.

What a fun question.

Purell 9 years, 1 month ago

Teapot 9 years, 1 month ago

KU's defense needs to play at an even higher level (if thats possible).

The offense needs to control the ball and not give up silly turnovers.

Big plays will not happen with the Jayhawk offense so long clock draining drives will be the key to success.

Special Teams needs to contain Texas and make the field as long as possible, NO DRIVES STARTING AT THE 35 OR BEYOND!

And Finally, KEEP VINCE YOUNG OFF THE FIELD!!!

bhanson 9 years, 1 month ago

The question should be; What does Texas have to do to beat KU?

thunderbuns 9 years, 1 month ago

Honestly, did any rational human being on planet earth think KU stood a chance against the #2 team in the country? Honestly?

killjoy 9 years, 1 month ago

(This comment was removed by the site staff.)

l_eustacy 9 years, 1 month ago

I can't wait until Max retires. Listening to him is unbearable.

"Uh...and...a...uh...well...a...er...a...Bob..."

Tomorrow's question: Who should replace Max.

jonas 9 years, 1 month ago

Well, I just saw the score for the first time, and the answer to the question is, apparently, something other than what they are doing.

thunderbuns 9 years, 1 month ago

bhanson:

To answer your question ----

Just show up.

Staci Dark Simpson 9 years, 1 month ago

Pray and hope the Longhorns are struck by lightning. I thought that the game was over and then I realized it was only halftime. OUCH!!!!!!

l_eustacy 9 years, 1 month ago

(This comment was removed by the site staff.)

Linda Aikins 9 years, 1 month ago

Congratulations TOB! The story is in the JW also and I meant to "say" something this morning to let you know we SW Kansas people ARE something!

(This comment was removed by site staff.)

thunderbuns 9 years, 1 month ago

(This comment would have been removed by the site staff, but it was never posted)

Hong_Kong_Phooey 9 years, 1 month ago

Even if Jesus was their quarterback, Kansas would have lost...

66-14?! Are we sure that the Lawrence Lions didn't go in their place??

beatrice 9 years, 1 month ago

(This comment wasn't removed by the site staff. I just had nothing to add.)

bearded_gnome 9 years, 1 month ago

ZZZ2ZZZ

don't know, don't care RE the topic.

four posts removed, better than ten per cent...is somebody trying extra hard out there?

didn't get that poem written...maybe tomorrow...man proposes but God disposes; this is my first fixit to the board of the day.

now, as to who should replace Max...I'd like to nominate Dennis Moore...every time I hear him talk he sounds as if he would actually 'benefit' from being on 'meth.' so, might help him perk up a little.

[will this post be removed by the site staff?]\

..,,//]]\||//..,,--

guess its better to have your post removed than to be a "topeka man" cutting firewood. wow,

bearded_gnome 9 years, 1 month ago

There once was a Bob Called "onemore," with his sword mighty and stout of war; on Bob's wall, it hung; but in his hand, the blade-it sung, as in his imagination, he fought with animation, killing baddies and thiefs, and defending his nation; 'twas a mighty superhero, clad only in briefs.

bearded_gnome 9 years, 1 month ago

now, ya' got something to say oh mighty warrior?

bearded_gnome 9 years, 1 month ago

apparently, for KU to beat Texas, they'd have to use some Kryptonite to nutralize Bob, the avenger in briefs.

l_eustacy 9 years, 1 month ago