Previous   Next

What went wrong for Nebraska?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on November 6, 2005

Browse the archives

“We love our coach, but you have to create plays for the players you have. They needed to make their tackles. We are happy for you guys, but you have to understand that this was not the Nebraska of old. We’re rebuilding.”

“We had zero running game. Our offensive line couldn’t give the quarterback time to throw or any holes to run the ball through.”

“Execution. They didn’t seem to have their heart in it. They started too slow and just couldn’t get going.”

“Nebraska got their butts beat. That’s what went wrong, and I hope it’s another 38 years before they beat us again.”

Related story

Comments

linux_chick 8 years, 10 months ago

This question sucks. Our team played great yesterday and that's why we won. Period.

killjoy 8 years, 10 months ago

Anyone have a close up of the scoreboard? It would make a great desktop wallpaper

audvisartist 8 years, 11 months ago

I think they forgot to brush their teeth yesterday morning. Makes a big difference in how the rest of your day goes!

Jayhawk226 8 years, 10 months ago

The had a rematch with the Kansas defense.

I'm going to Austin next weekend...see ya'll there!

Rock Chalk!

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 8 years, 10 months ago

Might I suggest remedial driver's ed for those of you apparently incapable of driving in anything but a straight line?

thunderbuns 8 years, 10 months ago

They didn't score enough points.........

killjoy 8 years, 10 months ago

linux_chick Thanks for posting the pics yesterday!

I agree we won the battle. We were the better team yesterday! (we also know where all the roundabouts are)

l_eustacy 8 years, 10 months ago

I think they were dizzy from the roundabouts.

The finest example of stupidity is on the new section of Folks road, between Harvard and Sixth street. both a speed bump and the semi-roundabout. Is snow removal possible here? Only with a shovel - idiots!

Now some idiot has added two-foot boulders to the edge of the curb, next to one of the roundabouts on Harvard.

This all gives the ambulance-chasers who advertise on TV hope though. Wait till the streets are slick and real people have to navigate these unnecessary obstacle courses.

It is all so embarrassing. I had guests from another city last weekend and they asked if our city planner was an ignorant hillbilly.

linux_chick 8 years, 10 months ago

No problem, killjoy. I'm glad you enjoyed them. If anyone else got some pics, you should post a link here, too. I'd love to see.

Yes. This question seems to be worded in such a way that it's kind of deflating of our victory... when our team left no doubt about who dominated.

Whatever.

bearded_gnome 8 years, 10 months ago

obviously, the transdimensional wave force had shifted thus disrupting the Nebraska life essence.

KU played much better.

ZZZZZ@2@ZZZZZ

better question for OTS today: Why should Breazedale be considered as an historic district?

yourworstnightmare 8 years, 10 months ago

I have one word for all of you giddy KU fans: Bucknell.

bearded_gnome 8 years, 10 months ago

E_M, yeah, and nobody celebrates 'orange' 'aqua' or "jungle" [from the old crayon box...you can't get "jungle" anymore! and if you could, you'd have to call it "rainforest.]

"I'm Mr. Blue." sing along...or not.

peace 8 years, 10 months ago

Off the subject--I would like to thank the people that demonstrate downtown for Peace!

I bet they now how to drive in a roundabout!

Purell 8 years, 10 months ago

I'd like to thank anyone who demonstrates against Lawrence roundabouts.

I don't think roundabouts are inherently bad. I think that they've benn used horribly in Lawrence.

killjoy 8 years, 10 months ago

Where's the first meeting to protest the roundabouts? I have some good ideas!

Jayhawk226 8 years, 10 months ago

Bucknell will become a part of the KU history after they win 3 straight national titles.

Let the dynasty begin.

METALQ2 8 years, 10 months ago

Hey, if our roundabouts get worn out we can replace them with Nebraska offensive line

bankboy119 8 years, 10 months ago

Bucknell has nothing to do with football genius.

Ceallach 8 years, 10 months ago

I don't care what went wrong, I'm just happy KU won. Another bonus for you Jayhawk fans -- Touchdown Tuesdays at the Kansas Union Bookstores -- 5% off for each touchdown KU scored the previous Saturday. Should be some good shopping deals. Personally, I never buy there unless there is a big discount because they are so expensive, but they have some really nice Hawk "stuff."

Looking through the posts it appears someone has a lot of time (and personalities) on their hands today :) Not saying that's a bad thing, unless they start arguing with themselves and then it get just plain wierd :-P

btw, Hannibal, Paris? Did you enjoy the French cuisine? (No menu details are necessary :)

Manana

bearded_gnome 8 years, 10 months ago

'evening Ceallach.
note: you just passed #800posts!

bye.

bearded_gnome 8 years, 10 months ago

Hannibal, I'm just glad you're back; I hate to think of you having to eat so much fast food on the road.

night all.

b_asinbeer 8 years, 10 months ago

arschloch--Love the name. Good thing the editors of this website don't know German. ;o)