Previous   Next

Do you think KU will be able to beat Nebraska for the first time since 1968?

Asked at Hastings, 1900 W. 23rd St. on November 5, 2005

Browse the archives

“Yes. Our defense is one of the best in the league. Better than Nebraska.”

“No. I don’t think they probably will, but it’s impossible for Nebraska to win every time.”

“I sure hope so. I think they have a chance, and I hope they pull it off.”

“I think so, because they are doing better than they have done in the past.”

Related story

Comments

dotteboy 9 years ago

Linda Aikins 9 years ago

Linux-chick - wonderful pictures! Thank you so much for sharing. And you are a cutie!

And mossyoak, we are GLAD you are not a Jayhawk fan, so everyone is now happy!

thunderbuns 9 years ago

Some teams dream of success (KU), while other teams live to crush those dreams.

That'd be Nebraskie....

l_eustacy 9 years ago

After KSU beat them in Manhattan, there were fans standing at one of the intersections where the NU bus turned; they were holding a sign that said, "Losers turn here!"

Kind of made me chuckle.

Yes, I think we can pull this one off.

I saw ticket-sellers asking $255.00 per ticket for this game. I can't imagine anyone being that desperate.

mr_daniels 9 years ago

Wow 1968! Who can ever forget Bobby Douglas handing off to mack truck like John Riggins and the supreme John Zook?

b_asinbeer 9 years ago

We have a shot at...but you never know about streaks. They're like their own entities.

Linda Aikins 9 years ago

E_M - hilarious on the anagram. I've been slacking off lately. It's good to know you've got my back.

Mr_daniels, do you think Bobby Douglas forget that there were others on his team? He just talked about himself with a brief mention about the defense. I think it took the whole team!

bankboy119 9 years ago

Even if KU wins it won't be as impressive as if they had done it when Nebraska was actually good. And if some one wants to pay $250 for tickets tell them they can come watch in on a big screen at my house for 1/2 price....actually how about only $100

sunflower_sue 9 years ago

Yes! This will be the year. Everyone say collectively: "I think we can, I think we can..."

Purell 9 years ago

I do hope we have a clean game.

(sorry...couldn't resist)

bearded_gnome 9 years ago

what, no OMB...must be out rustling cattle [see yesterday's].

will KU beat NU... one KU student saw an NU player and asked "what's the "n" stand for in "nu?""
the Nebraska player quickly answered: "knowledge!"

KU wins, and the Red Sea parts once again? roundabouts suddenly vaporize? yeeeeehaaa!

might rain...rain could help KU? Divine intervention. good day all.

ms_canada 9 years ago

Don't know anything about the game but, bearded gnome - you could not make the Mex too hot for me. The only food I ever found too hot was one meal of Indonesian. Whoa, that's hot.!! The tears flowed like wine. OMB - give us the whole story with this almost arrest business, what did you do, you naughty boy? Surely not redistributing those of the bovine nature?

mossyoak64 9 years ago

The only way those losers will win is if Nebraska forgets to show up for the game.

mossyoak64 9 years ago

Sunflower Sue, Instead of "I think we can, I think we can", how about "Dream On, Dream On".

sunflower_sue 9 years ago

Mossy, in the words of the great Debrah Harry..."Dreamin' is free!" :)

ku_law 9 years ago

40-15, KU lead....I think this one is over.

bearded_gnome 9 years ago

AP: Reports today of a massive disturbance in the Red Sea, disrupting shipping and stunning observers. there is also word of the mysterious disappearance of all traffic roundabouts in Lawrence Kansas, cause unknown.
Mystics claim these two events are timed to coincide with the conclusion of the Kansas University-Nebraska football game.
Investigation is proceeding.

bearded_gnome 9 years ago

AMAZING!

also, before the game, some idiots were grilling in the parking garage...anybody know if these are Nebraskee fans?

Red is dead.

ku_law 9 years ago

Does anyone know if the students stormed the field/took goal posts?

bearded_gnome 9 years ago

yes, and yes.

KUlaw, I'll have a chocolate tort.

bearded_gnome 9 years ago

they also chimed the bells.

goal posts doing their usual trips to destinations after a win: potter's lake and the Hawk.

mossyoak64 9 years ago

Even_money, It was obviously a case of Nebraska throwing a bone out there for that pathetic team. I mean really, how else could they have won?

mossyoak64 9 years ago

Mossy, don't choke on the toe hair!:-P

lunacydetector 9 years ago

The Nebraska Governor has declared a state of emergency. He has set up a counseling and consoling hotline number for Nebraska fans. It is: 1-800-WE-SUCK!

linux_chick 9 years ago

This was the most amazing game I've ever been to. So great. Here are some pics if anyone is interested and missed the game. The crowd was crazy.

bearded_gnome 9 years ago

to elaborate...hunks of the goal posts also went to the Chi Omega fountain (the west oread mountain fountain), and to Mass street.

and much rejoicing was heard throughout the land for the Kansasland warriors had defeated the evil red warriors. Bells tolled, and the sound of rejoicing was heard for miles around.

linux_chick 9 years ago

No problem! It was too awesome to not share. If anyone else has some pics, they should post here, too!

bearded_gnome 9 years ago

MS_Canada, you come to Lawrence, I will take you to Tortas. you'll like it.

no OMB all day--maybe we need to put together bail for him?

Hannibal, nice to see you back; you were gone for a few days so i thought you were on a gourmet tour/dine around...

yes, the barbarians do party.

Chris Bohling 9 years ago

To add to the fun, LHS wins the state gymnastics title. That's 100 state titles for Lawrence High.

mossyoak64 9 years ago

quitbitchen, I'd rather be a dumbass than a Jayhawk fan!!!! :)