Previous   Next

Do you think KU will be able to beat Nebraska for the first time since 1968?

Asked at Hastings, 1900 W. 23rd St. on November 5, 2005

Browse the archives

“Yes. Our defense is one of the best in the league. Better than Nebraska.”

“No. I don’t think they probably will, but it’s impossible for Nebraska to win every time.”

“I sure hope so. I think they have a chance, and I hope they pull it off.”

“I think so, because they are doing better than they have done in the past.”

Related story

Comments

linux_chick 8 years, 5 months ago

No problem! It was too awesome to not share. If anyone else has some pics, they should post here, too!

Gootsie 8 years, 5 months ago

Linux-chick - wonderful pictures! Thank you so much for sharing. And you are a cutie!

And mossyoak, we are GLAD you are not a Jayhawk fan, so everyone is now happy!

mossyoak64 8 years, 5 months ago

quitbitchen, I'd rather be a dumbass than a Jayhawk fan!!!! :)

quitbitchin 8 years, 5 months ago

mossyoak do you feel like a dumbass? i hope so. rock chalk jayhawk!

Chris Bohling 8 years, 5 months ago

To add to the fun, LHS wins the state gymnastics title. That's 100 state titles for Lawrence High.

bearded_gnome 8 years, 5 months ago

MS_Canada, you come to Lawrence, I will take you to Tortas. you'll like it.

no OMB all day--maybe we need to put together bail for him?

Hannibal, nice to see you back; you were gone for a few days so i thought you were on a gourmet tour/dine around...

yes, the barbarians do party.

Hannibal_Lecter 8 years, 5 months ago

bearded_gnome 8 years, 5 months ago

to elaborate...hunks of the goal posts also went to the Chi Omega fountain (the west oread mountain fountain), and to Mass street.

and much rejoicing was heard throughout the land for the Kansasland warriors had defeated the evil red warriors. Bells tolled, and the sound of rejoicing was heard for miles around.

linux_chick 8 years, 5 months ago

This was the most amazing game I've ever been to. So great. Here are some pics if anyone is interested and missed the game. The crowd was crazy.

even_money 8 years, 5 months ago

ROTFL!

Lawrence is party town AGAIN this weekend!!!

lunacydetector 8 years, 5 months ago

The Nebraska Governor has declared a state of emergency. He has set up a counseling and consoling hotline number for Nebraska fans. It is: 1-800-WE-SUCK!

mossyoak64 8 years, 5 months ago

Mossy, don't choke on the toe hair!:-P

mossyoak64 8 years, 5 months ago

Even_money, It was obviously a case of Nebraska throwing a bone out there for that pathetic team. I mean really, how else could they have won?

even_money 8 years, 5 months ago

Oh mossyoak, Would you like some mustard to go with those words?

The_Original_Bob 8 years, 5 months ago

Archsloch - I agree. I was kind of dissapointed we took them down for MU (3rd year in a row we've beaten them). I totally understand today. Now, being where our program is, I hope we never do it again.

bearded_gnome 8 years, 5 months ago

they also chimed the bells.

goal posts doing their usual trips to destinations after a win: potter's lake and the Hawk.

Arschloch 8 years, 5 months ago

both posts went down immediately

I would prefer we would act like we've been there and not drop the goalposts for MU & NU, but since this is the first time we've won here since '68, I understand.

(keeping in perspective that this is not the Nebraska teams of lore.

bearded_gnome 8 years, 5 months ago

yes, and yes.

KUlaw, I'll have a chocolate tort.

ku_law 8 years, 5 months ago

Does anyone know if the students stormed the field/took goal posts?

bearded_gnome 8 years, 5 months ago

AMAZING!

also, before the game, some idiots were grilling in the parking garage...anybody know if these are Nebraskee fans?

Red is dead.

bearded_gnome 8 years, 5 months ago

AP: Reports today of a massive disturbance in the Red Sea, disrupting shipping and stunning observers. there is also word of the mysterious disappearance of all traffic roundabouts in Lawrence Kansas, cause unknown.
Mystics claim these two events are timed to coincide with the conclusion of the Kansas University-Nebraska football game.
Investigation is proceeding.

ku_law 8 years, 5 months ago

40-15, KU lead....I think this one is over.

sunflower_sue 8 years, 5 months ago

Mossy, in the words of the great Debrah Harry..."Dreamin' is free!" :)

mossyoak64 8 years, 5 months ago

Sunflower Sue, Instead of "I think we can, I think we can", how about "Dream On, Dream On".

mossyoak64 8 years, 5 months ago

The only way those losers will win is if Nebraska forgets to show up for the game.

ms_canada 8 years, 5 months ago

Don't know anything about the game but, bearded gnome - you could not make the Mex too hot for me. The only food I ever found too hot was one meal of Indonesian. Whoa, that's hot.!! The tears flowed like wine. OMB - give us the whole story with this almost arrest business, what did you do, you naughty boy? Surely not redistributing those of the bovine nature?

bearded_gnome 8 years, 5 months ago

what, no OMB...must be out rustling cattle [see yesterday's].

will KU beat NU... one KU student saw an NU player and asked "what's the "n" stand for in "nu?""
the Nebraska player quickly answered: "knowledge!"

KU wins, and the Red Sea parts once again? roundabouts suddenly vaporize? yeeeeehaaa!

might rain...rain could help KU? Divine intervention. good day all.

Purell 8 years, 5 months ago

I do hope we have a clean game.

(sorry...couldn't resist)

even_money 8 years, 5 months ago

TOB, Mizzy fans left town so fast last weekend they forgot to take their pants with them. Seriously, I found along the curb in front of my house (home game traffic always parks here) a pair of MU warm-ups which I gathered up and left on my front porch in order to douse them with Purell.

It wouldn't surprise me if Neb leaves town in such a hurry that they forget their pants here too! AND let 'em enjoy getting around Lawrence roundabouts while they're at it. :)

The_Original_Bob 8 years, 5 months ago

Bankboy - Is the game on PPV?

I'm not sure who would pay that much for a ticket seeing how it's not sold out. Ol East Coast Lew has priced me out of this game. $45 plus parking somewhere is a bit rich for this middle-class white boy. Went to the MU last week and that was great fun. Just can justify that cost too many time.

Pretty even matchup. Let's give it to KU on homefield advantage and the biggest key of the game is that I won't be there. Of course they'll win!!!!

sunflower_sue 8 years, 5 months ago

Yes! This will be the year. Everyone say collectively: "I think we can, I think we can..."

bankboy119 8 years, 5 months ago

Even if KU wins it won't be as impressive as if they had done it when Nebraska was actually good. And if some one wants to pay $250 for tickets tell them they can come watch in on a big screen at my house for 1/2 price....actually how about only $100

goatdog 8 years, 5 months ago

The whole world hates your greedy christian pig country and you're going to lose your war of imperialism in Iraq.

macon47 8 years, 5 months ago

this reminds me of let's all clap for tinkerbelle

Gootsie 8 years, 5 months ago

E_M - hilarious on the anagram. I've been slacking off lately. It's good to know you've got my back.

Mr_daniels, do you think Bobby Douglas forget that there were others on his team? He just talked about himself with a brief mention about the defense. I think it took the whole team!

mr_daniels 8 years, 5 months ago

Wow 1968! Who can ever forget Bobby Douglas handing off to mack truck like John Riggins and the supreme John Zook?

b_asinbeer 8 years, 5 months ago

We have a shot at...but you never know about streaks. They're like their own entities.

l_eustacy 8 years, 5 months ago

After KSU beat them in Manhattan, there were fans standing at one of the intersections where the NU bus turned; they were holding a sign that said, "Losers turn here!"

Kind of made me chuckle.

Yes, I think we can pull this one off.

I saw ticket-sellers asking $255.00 per ticket for this game. I can't imagine anyone being that desperate.

even_money 8 years, 5 months ago

Only if we play a good ground game and don't fumble.

BTW one of the anagrams for Cornhusker is: CHOKERS RUN :)

dotteboy 8 years, 5 months ago

thunderbuns 8 years, 5 months ago

Some teams dream of success (KU), while other teams live to crush those dreams.

That'd be Nebraskie....