Previous   Next

Have you ever suffered from migraines?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on May 16, 2005

Browse the archives

“Yes. I had them for many years. I found out that they were caused by an allergy to dairy.”

“I never have, but my mother and brother have them. My brother once had to go to the hospital because it was so bad.”

“No. I’ve never had one, but a relative of mine suffers from them.”

“Yes, but I haven’t had one for a year and a half after I had gastric bypass surgery.”

Comments

GreenEyedBlues 9 years, 7 months ago

I don't suffer from migraines. What a lame question.

Jayhawk226 9 years, 7 months ago

Everytime I fly home to Chicago via O'Hare Airport!

JohnVaBeach 9 years, 7 months ago

p>www.MigrainePrevention.org is a great source for understanding and preventing migraines.

Carmenilla 9 years, 7 months ago

I'm getting a migraine just from reading the crabby responses from today and the weekend. Hey, folks its beautiful outside, stop complaining!!! Is life less satisfying if we don't have someone/something to make fun of or complain about? I think some folks post on here just to flame and argue but they have no idea that the question of the day is related to something in the paper.

And yes, Reiki sounds like BS but it convinced a skeptic like me. I thought energy work sounds like a bunch of hooey too. Just because something isn't confirmed by Western medicine doesn't mean it doesn't have value. Heck, if monks were doing it for centuries maybe there is something to it. Oh but what do those crazy hippies and monks know anyway?

Oh, and I had a migraine once. It sucked and I wanted to pull out my hair. I really feel for anyone who suffers them regularly.

lunacydetector 9 years, 7 months ago

too bad they didn't put in a question regarding that poor guy who jumped to his death because lawrence memorial cares more about counting beans, than having inpatient care for the mentally disturbed.

in a City that wastes money left and right putting in concrete street obstructions or having a totally wasteful public transport system - i think i'm having my very first migraine - but when it comes to hospital care for the mentally ill forget it - IT DOESN'T MAKE MONEY. money money money....

perhaps people should stop spending money on "appearance" items. lawrence has a fleet of gigantic buses - it "appears" they have a first rate transportation system (though nobody rides it), or, lawrence "appears" to be the Mecca of roundabouts in the midwest...let's have a traffic engineering convention. i failed to mention the artwork downtown --- lawrence "appears" to be full of art, did you see those midget statues downtown?

it's all about "appearance."

Redneckgal 9 years, 7 months ago

For some reason after my daughter was born I had them for about a year and then they went away. I was alone most of the time with a little baby because daddy was out on the rode and it was pretty misareble. I never did find out what caused them but I'm glad they went away.

Carmenilla 9 years, 7 months ago

How were my second and third paragraphs complaints?

And yes, I am sick of the complaining! And I won't stop complaining about it until its gone! ;-)

Topside 9 years, 7 months ago

What the heck is reiki? And, yes, this is the worst question to date.

Topside 9 years, 7 months ago

Thanks OMB I figured it was some sort of BS like that.

Carmenilla 9 years, 7 months ago

I was extremely skeptical of reiki when I tried it. I like getting massages and such but was unsure how reiki might work on me. Lo and behold, I was amazed at the effect it had. I walked home from my session on a cloud of air. It was more relaxing than some hands-on body work I've had done. Like you, OMB, I don't have to buy into the dogma to have it work for me.

And as a deaf one-eyed midget I am deeply offended by your lack of tact, fellow posters...

William_Rothgraeger 9 years, 7 months ago

I like what the hospital gives for migraine treatment... cough demerol cough ;)

Hong_Kong_Phooey 9 years, 7 months ago

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. The article is wrong - standard traffic tickets DO contain an area to mark the race of the person. I know because the ticket I just got says so...

Fangorn 9 years, 7 months ago

I've never had a migraine. I once had a headache so bad I thought (hoped) I would die. But that was caused by a neck injury from a car accident. One trip to the chiropractor was all it took for relief.

Hong_Kong_Phooey 9 years, 7 months ago

Yes, I get migraines.

Did anybody else read the article about the racial profiling law? My question is...do they just keep track of who the white cops pull over, or do they also keep track of whether or not non-white cops are targeting white people?

If they did track that, it would be a first.

squishypoet 9 years, 7 months ago

I was recently diagnosed (as? with? what's the proper word to use here?) having migraines. It helps if you're having one while you are sitting in the doctor's office. Good to know, and now I have medicine that I can take to relieve the migraine within 20 minutes, instead of taking 2 ibuprofen and sleeping for 3 hours.

acg 9 years, 7 months ago

I canoe every year in MO, offtotheright, and the Elk River leaves a lot to be desired. It's a decent row, and not many rapids, but the last time I was there, there was a dead, bloating cow corpse in the water and the water was nasty. Try the Current River in southeast MO. It's natural spring water, cold but awesome, very clean, great row, some decent rapids and there are caves to explore, cliff jumps everywhere, etc. The camping arrangements are better in that area, also.

italianprincess 9 years, 7 months ago

Migraines run in our family. They are some how hereditary.

My grandma ( God rest her soul ) had them, my aunt and her daughter get them. My mom gets and my oldest sister along with her daughter gets them to the point where they have to have complete silence, lay in a dark room and even at times get very sick. My third oldest sister also gets them, they skipped me and my brother ( younger ) gets one every now and then. My son has had a few also.

They are a drag to have and I thank God everyday I don't have to experience that type of major headache because they are not a joy.

italianprincess 9 years, 7 months ago

I may have a small headache by the end of the day though= they are tearing the roof off the front of my house.

Thats alot of noise up there and it would give anyone a headache.