Previous   Next

Who are your Final Four picks for the NCAA Tournament?

Asked at Quinton's Bar & Deli, 615 Mass. on March 16, 2005

Browse the archives

“Oklahoma, Georgia Tech, North Carolina and Oklahoma State. I think Oklahoma will definitely win.”

KU, I suppose Kentucky, then Oklahoma State and Gonzaga. KU will win it if they make it to the Final Four.”

“Texas Tech, North Carolina, Kentucky and Illinois. Texas Tech will be the champion by a margin of at least 30.”

“I’m going to say Oklahoma State, Washington, probably Connecticut and then Duke. Washington will probably go all the way.”

Comments

Richard Heckler 9 years, 5 months ago

North Carolina looks good now as KU always did under Roy until push comes to shove in the NCAA tournaments.

My picks are or will be the four teams that make it in the end. That does not make them necessarily the four best teams on the planet. It just means they played well in the play offs. If the Jayhawks can't pull it off I would love to see Gonzaga take the honors. I remember seeing them for the first time in Allen Fieldhouse...they have come a long way.

JHAWKGURL 9 years, 5 months ago

Here is the game plan my friends... The finals will be Illinois and Kansas and Kansas will take it all! I love my hawks and have faith in them! Go hawks.....I am proud of you!

mrcairo 9 years, 5 months ago

Jayhawks don't make it to the second round. They stumble and fail like the pretenders they always were.

Watch VERMONT and ILLINOIS.

Vermont is the sleeper. Mark my words.

grilled_cheese 9 years, 5 months ago

There's the wish bracket with: OSU Gonzaga OU KU

...and the real bracket: Illinois Washington UConn Duke

with Wash or Illi going all the way.

staff04 9 years, 5 months ago

C'mon Bob, everyone knows merlot is out and pinot noir is in! Step up to the plate!

donsalsbury 9 years, 5 months ago

Wishful thinking: KU beats Duke, then defeats Illinois who knocked out Gonzaga. Of course, UNC made it to the Elite 8 so we could show up Roy.

Reality: Illinois over Gonzaga, UNC over Duke, Illinois wins because Roy chokes yet again.

Christy_K 9 years, 5 months ago

What I want to happen: Kansas - alma mater Washington - alma mater Oklahoma - current employer Illinois - Have friends that went there

What I think will happen: North Carolina - mainly because of talent but they will fail to win it all Oklahoma State - lots of experience Utah - because I refuse to vote for Duke Wake Forest - even though it pains me to see two ACC teams

I'm afraid Illinois won't make it because I still remember what happened when KU was in that situation and lost to Arizona. All I know is that the odds are in favor of the higher seeds but that noone can truly predict what will happen. That's why I love it.

lunacydetector 9 years, 5 months ago

could Lulu actually be 'the original bob' in drag?

BunE 9 years, 5 months ago

86 merlot!? hahahaha good one! Salad dressing!!!

GO GONZAGA!!!!

Carmenilla 9 years, 5 months ago

If you find Gigi attractive, Bob, then you are already lacking common sense.

italianprincess 9 years, 5 months ago

Now thats HARSH........

Go JAYHAWKS!!!!!!!!!! ALL THE WAY BOYS...........

Keep your heads up and play hard!!!!!!!!!!!

italianprincess 9 years, 5 months ago

She does look a bit plastic and if I was a guy I would think that Kate is the pretty compared.

Go Get Em HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carmenilla 9 years, 5 months ago

Gosh consumer1, you never make baseless judgements on here sarcasm. I recall reading some pretty condemning comments from you about people you don"t really know. You seem to like to lump people into stereotypes. It shows little or no imagination. And you can keep Gigi all to yourself. I just find her shiney taut face a little frightening everytime I pull up this page.

Carmenilla 9 years, 5 months ago

Nice deflection.....or whatever that was.

simple_simon 9 years, 5 months ago

Say, Bob, I'm looking at Neal's face--and that "I'm a little devil" expression that he has on his face, and I could be wrong, but somehow I get the feeling that a hetero/married man like you probably doesn't want to know just exactly what kind of "projecting" Neal does!! (Or whom he does it with!)

---And neither do I !!! (But, hey! To each his own, I guess!)

italianprincess 9 years, 5 months ago

I was just messing around with you Bob.

Go KU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ember 9 years, 5 months ago

I know exactly who's going to win.

The team that scores the most points in ever game they play. See, now we all know who's going to win, so no point in watching.