Previous   Next

What is your favorite thing to do when school or work is canceled?

Asked at Quinton's, 615 Mass. on January 5, 2005

Browse the archives

“Who doesn’t love to go sledding? And then, of course, the hot chocolate afterwards.”

“I like to drink whiskey to stay warm when it gets really cold outside.”

“Playing football in a snow-covered yard. You can get all bundled up and just smash each other.”

“When I was a kid, we slid down the hills on metal trash can lids, but I haven’t got the chance for a while.”

Comments

mrcairo 10 years, 4 months ago

The Chef and Bartender like to get drunk. Duh.

The babes like to go sledding.

Me, I like sledding with babes, then back to my place for some hot cocoa, and a rest in the hot-tub. Rachael and Amanda, please call me at...

Jayhawk226 10 years, 4 months ago

on my snow days, i'd prefer to not be here leaving a thread...

...but, well, here I am I guess. Some snow day this has turned out to be!

BunE 10 years, 4 months ago

Soft Jazz? I hope you mean Jimmy Smith or something similar. Please do not buy into the lie that Kenny G is soft jazz. it is soft nastiness.

When it is cold, I like to bundle up and take the dog for a walk. I let him of leash and then watch as he bounds about, eventually knocking me down. Then I get hope, stoke up the fire and settle down for a long winter's nap.

jonas 10 years, 4 months ago

If I said, I'd get banned from the site! Too bad this had to happen on my 2-3 week vacation between jobs. It loses it's appeal when you have the whole week off already.

tir 10 years, 4 months ago

Since my electricity at home has been out for over 16 hours now with no relief in sight, it's web-surfing in the warm library rather than sledding for me.

Unfortunately I will have to go home eventually, where I will most likely shiver in the dark and dream about freezing pipes and falling trees.

ms_canada 10 years, 4 months ago

We get a few days like that here every winter. Schools close etc. If I was snowed in what would I do? Well, I'd get a big quilt and a glass or two of vino and snuggle up with my honey and watch 6 or so hours of LOTR's The Return Of The King, the special edition. It was my Christmas gift from my boys. And if the snow lasted a couple more days, I would watch all three movies over again. Love that fantasy!! Hooray for Tolkien and Peter Jackson. Love that Samwise Gamgee. What a sweetheart.

DaREEKKU 10 years, 4 months ago

Find the most durable thing with a smooth bottom surface within reach, and take it out to the hills and go sledding. Lunch trays suffice, but KU has done away with some of those :-(.