Previous   Next

How well did you do with your last New Year’s resolution?

Browse the archives

“I made a resolution not to drive my car as much, and I didn’t drive it at all during the summer. It worked out fabulously.”

“I didn’t make one. Why pick this time of year to try and be a better person? You should do it all year round.”

“Mine was to not lie as much, and it didn’t work out at all.”

“Really bad. It was to do better in school, and I didn’t - I really didn’t.”

Comments

Nikki May 9 years, 6 months ago

yeah, I put it in my pocket and had it for a snack the next day.

I don't do resolutions.

mr_sassy_pantsss 9 years, 6 months ago

I resolved to not read any posts by that buffoon --Marion--. It was difficult because that big bag of wind must posts 10 responses to every article in the paper.

enochville 9 years, 6 months ago

I don't remember making any resolutions last Jan. 1st. Maybe I did and forgot. I know that more recently I have set some goals for myself and have been doing ok.

sunflower_sue 9 years, 6 months ago

We will find out tonight. Last year's was not to make any more promises to myself that I knew I couldn't keep.

OK, see, I'm doing it again..."I promise to make an appt. for that hour long massage that my friend gave me a gift certificate for 6 months ago!" That would be realxing! Just pick up the phone and dial. Easy as pie. Maybe I'll go make some pie. What kind of pie? Cherry sounds good. Maybe cookies instead. Gotta go see what I have in the cupboard.

rooga 9 years, 6 months ago

I made several resolutions and have stuck to all of them. I said I was going to run and keep in shape more, now Im training to run in a marathon, I also said I was going to goto school and I completed massage therapy school and now Im a certified massage therapist. Come on people you only live once and your all getting older by the day. Pick a resolution and stick to it. If everyone would stick to their goals, they would realize they can do anything! Come on people you can do it!!

sunflower_sue 9 years, 6 months ago

Just opened my new Westar bill...$102.00 higher than last month. OK, now I'm shocked! Westar can kiss my bonny white @$$!!!!!!! Whew! I feel better. (Removal countdown starting now..........)

ms_canada 9 years, 6 months ago

Sunny sue - I had resolved not to eat anymore cherry pie, buuut, when you get it made and I can smell the fumes as it sits on your kitchen window, cooling, I will be right over. So much for resolutions. Hey - did any of you know that tonight at 7:00pm there will be added to the atomic clocks around the world, ONE SECOND!! Imagine. Why? Because the world is slowly slowing down and we need to keep up with time. Fantastic, I am sure glad I found that out. I am making a resolution right now to make sure I count that second in at the end of this day. I will hold my breath for one second before wishing my good man a Happy New Year. And a Happy New Year to all of you good people.

Dixie Jones 9 years, 6 months ago

Wishing you all a very happy newyear ! Now SO off the subject here but knew if anyone knew about this question it would be one of my fairy blog people ... is there anywhere in lawrence that sells autism items , like t shirts, hats , mugs, ribbons, etc...??? thanks gang your the best !peachy

sunflower_sue 9 years, 6 months ago

Prospector, nope, any Westar exec. that shows up with proper identification may proceed with the smooching at any time!

Ms_C, if I put the pie on the window the dog will have a very happy new year!

Peaches, What??? Are you wanting items that raise awareness in a good way or items that poke fun at? Just curious as I cannot help you out.

Ember 9 years, 6 months ago

Kansasdaughter, since I grew up in Arizona, I would personally suggest the area roughly north and east of a small city called Apache Junction. From where I lived there, I had a spectacular view of the Superstition Mountains.

Avoid jumping over any rocks and if you turn them over, pull them back towards you to avoid a nasty suprise that rattles at you.

Early spring and late summer are the best times to visit. The desert start blooming in early spring and the wildlife is just amazing, since everything is out in the early morning and late evening.

The San Tan mountains, which are really just glorified hills, is also some very pretty country, but it's been 15 years, or more, since I last had a chance to go wandering down there, so they might be part of Chandler now.

Just don't go in the winter. That many snowbirds should be illegal.

Oh, if it's still there, in Tempe, there is a place called Golfland. A great scene from a great movie was filmed there. Napoleon's discovery of water slides in 'Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" was filmed there.

Dixie Jones 9 years, 6 months ago

sun: No one should make fun poke fun or anything of the nature of anyone with a disability. And for someone who does ..it must be sad being that person.... but yes i am looking to raise awareness. as my son is one of the millions out there who are unique and special and i thank the good lord above for giving him to me every day of my life... and until someone walks a day in the shoes of a parent of a special needs child ..they have not a clue in life..... i thank you for your input if you hear of anyone please let me know. thanks and god bless

killjoy 9 years, 6 months ago

I will not waste chalk I will not skateboard in the halls I will not burp in class I will not instigate revolution I will not draw naked ladies in class I did not see Elvis I will not call my teacher "Hot Cakes" I will not yell "fire" in a crowded classroom I will not fake my way through life I will not Xerox my butt I will not trade pants with others I will not do that thing with my tongue I will not drive the principal's car I will not pledge allegiance to Bart I will not sell school property I will not get very far with this attitude I will not make flatulent noises in class I will not belch the National Anthem I will not sell land in Florida I will not grease the monkey bars I will not hide behind the Fifth Amendment I will not do anything bad ever again I will not sleep through my education I will not bribe Principal Skinner I will not torment the emotionally frail I will not carve gods I will not spank others I will not aim for the head I will not barf unless I'm sick I will not expose the ignorance of the faculty I will not conduct my own fire drills I will not snap bras I will not fake seizures I will not yell "She's Dead" during roll call I will not squeak chalk I will not defame New Orleans. I will not prescribe medication. I will not bury the new kid. I will not teach others to fly. I will not bring sheep to class. I will not eat things for money. I will not call the principal "spud head". I will not sell miracle cures. I will return the seeing-eye dog. I do not have diplomatic immunity. I will not charge admission to the bathroom. I will never win an emmy. I will not say "Springfield" just to get applause. I will not go near the kindergarten turtle. I am not deliciously saucy. Organ transplants are best left to professionals. The Pledge of Allegiance does not end with "Hail Satan". I will not celebrate meaningless milestones. There are plenty of businesses like show business. I will finish what I sta

jonas 9 years, 6 months ago

killjoy: Is that a list of things that Bart writes on the chalkboard during the opening credits of the Simpsons?

killjoy 9 years, 6 months ago

Jonas, Partial list...I should have given Bart credit.

bearded_gnome 9 years, 6 months ago

don't do resolutions.
Peachess', thhere is a wonderful autism program at KU, last I knew it was associated with the Human development and family life program...or has that dept. changed its name too?
they'd certainly have your answer.

yeah, its illegal to throw snowballs in Topeka!
how long till Lawrence follows? ban snowballs and their throwing of said orbs! fines: 200, simple; 500 agrivated, when you throw snowballs at a roundabout; 1000/2 days in the klinker, throwing snowball at a roundabout while denigrating a "smart growth" droid on the city commission! baaaaaad!

yeah, don't get on OMB's bad side...sounds dangerous.

sunflower_sue 9 years, 6 months ago

Not getting on here again tonight...but if anyone knows me, (or can figure out who I am) you can come to my house tonight to make merry!

Happy New Year Everyone!

bearded_gnome 9 years, 6 months ago

"make merry," who's Merry?
don't waste that leap second! happy new year all.

it'll be very noisey around here in two hours! scaring gnomedog! like to see lpd enforce that fireworks ban tonight/? how about M80's, fireworks cannons--there's two or three of these extremely loud things in east lawrence every new years' but lpd never catches them!

Fangorn 9 years, 6 months ago

Ha, ha, ha! I got the first post of the year..... What?! No prizes?

sunflower_sue 9 years, 6 months ago

I didn't lie...it's not tonight anymore!
Congrats Fangorn! (Although I'm sure someone will post on 1/1's OTC and claim to be first to steal your thunder!)

Now, who's coming for the house cleaning party at noon today? Guests just left so I'm off to bed.

Happy New Year Ya'll!

sunflower_sue 9 years, 6 months ago

Happy New Year e_m! Am I right? Halfway expected you to just show up at my house tonight. Too bad! You would have made a great addition. OK, now I'm off to bed! (I have a da*n chicken crowing his little fowl head off right now...he must be celebrating, too.)