Previous   Next

What is on your Christmas wish list?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on December 24, 2005

Browse the archives

“A Beehouse teapot. I want to get serious about tea.”

“I’m wishing for some cooperation and leadership from the KU basketball team.”

“I want a red coat for Christmas. That’s all I’m asking my parents for.”

“I don’t have a big list this year. Just good health and happiness.”

Comments

Marion Lynn 8 years, 3 months ago

Merry Christmas and best wishes to all in the coming New Year!

From:

Kiki, Lizzie, Spike, Chopper, Luna,The Jailbird Dog(Still being held for escaping and under DEATH PENALTY BY RANDY MCGRATH!) Ben and all at:

RiverCityTalk.com

Thanks.

Marion.

sunflower_sue 8 years, 3 months ago

OK, just got back in town tonight...who is Sylvia?

My wish? That my hacking cough will go away once and for all!

Gotta go look out for Santa.

Merry Christmas, everyone...and may God bless us all (including you Manson!)

jimcoxva 8 years, 3 months ago

I'd like for a small church-related university in Kansas to offer a class entitled "Intelligent Design: Neither Science Nor Theology". (According to the Associated Press, Santa granted my wish a few days early this year).

even_money 8 years, 3 months ago

Sylvia refers to that properly as her 'career'.

Ember 8 years, 3 months ago

Hmmm...

The jolly fat man to whisk the roundabouts off to some needy Italian town...

a law that requires people working drive thru's to coherently speak the English language...

less restriction of legal activities and sterner punishment for illegal ones...

a full month of Dadaism instead of just 13 measly days...

less 'art' downtown...

for Sylvia to announce that she is a manly lesbian and show up as someone's present complete with her own attatchments for holiday cheer... or rear, depending on how you look at it...

even_money 8 years, 3 months ago

(best falsetto voice) "Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night."

Ho ho ho :)

gaynproud 8 years, 3 months ago

Now that I'm straight, I'd like Sylvia to come to dinner wearing the same thing she wore at Thanksgiving and test me.

boogeyman 8 years, 3 months ago

What e_m said... and then maybe some ammo for my guns 'cause I like shootin' stuff.

even_money 8 years, 3 months ago

Sylvia used to be an Arkansas muslim. But we'd prefer she continue with the reprogramming...

For the list? I would have to add the spirit of Christmas--not the commercial crap, not the 'to-do' lists, not the put-up-with-the-bogus-holiday-pressures. None of that.

Allow your heart to connect with those you love. Whether they be near or far. And let 'em know you care. That's the spirit :)

muslim 8 years, 3 months ago

That the gov. stop spying on me and let me build my vests in peace.

I want to become the Muslim Gene Simmons, so the guys that feel like they have to die to get 72 chicks are jealous. Besides, what if all 72 are ugly or they all say, "Hey, I'm your sister"? That might appeal to some Arkansas Muslims though.

trinity 8 years, 3 months ago

money. to replace all that i've spent on gimcracks and heehaws and bamboozles and floozles. :)

i love this season!

killjoy 8 years, 3 months ago

Manson, I take it you've begun the grievance-airing part of Festivius?

Manson 8 years, 3 months ago

That'a another thing about Christmas and Thanksgiving. Only in America can we have hoildays that perpetuate over-endulgence with food. So wateful.

My New Year's resoultion to eliminate Christmas and replace it with Festivus and Complain less.

Staci Dark Simpson 8 years, 3 months ago

Take it easy Manson!! You can still have a genuine, old fashioned style Christmas. Its what you make it. ANyway I demand you to have a Merry Christmas. Anyway for Christmas I would like us to have a happy, healthy new year and I personally would like a photo printer. But I am just happy being around family and eating the once a year overabundance of grandma baked goodies. Merry Christmas y'all!!

Manson 8 years, 3 months ago

I wish for the complete removal of Christmas from the holiday calender. It's a circus and a total cash cow for retailers. People want to say "well christmas is what you make of it." I call Shenannigans (sp?)! It's the most superficial time of the year and the least genuine. For about a week everyone pretends to be concerned about others only to retun to their inconsiderat selves by New Years. I'm not a Scrooge nor am I an atheist. I am Christian and am tired of the superficiality of the current state of Christmas. Christmas today has the genuine quality that car sales men/women, news casters, and bank personel have. Anyone accepting well wishes from the above listed professions are incredibly naive.

Thanks and have a unpleasent Christmas, Hanukah, and Kwanza (which is an entire joke).

Hong_Kong_Phooey 8 years, 3 months ago

Jessica Simpson: rich, hot & stupid. What more could a guy ask for at Christmas?!

LesterBurnham 8 years, 3 months ago

I want a 1970 Pontiac Firebird... and some Canadian weed.

italianprincess 8 years, 3 months ago

On my Christmas list this year............

I wish for my oldest son to get a good settlement so that hes able to buy another nice car like the one I gave him that got trashed by that drunk @$$hole.

I wish that for every count against that guy he gets 1 year. Before I'm done with this guy I'm hoping I can even get more.

For my youngest son.........I wish that the fear of the dark that comes and goes would finally go away. I also wish that he does as well in school as he is right now even after he graduates high school.

For my mom...........Happines when she moves back home to Cali this next May. I know she would like to stay here for my little family, but she wants to be with her brother and sister also. I wish her the best ever in 2006 with good health and happiness.

For all of you..........I also wish good health and happiness in 2006. May God watch over you through your lives and protect you when you need it.

What is on my Christmas list finally........I really don't have anything I want. I have my boys, and my mom until she moves back home. One thing I can ask for myself is good health in 2006 and for my daycare buisness to stay busy. I don't need much, I'm a pretty happy person normally.

To all of you and your families.............Have a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Kwanzaa.

one_more_bob 8 years, 3 months ago

Enormous pectoral muscles. Oh yeah, and world peace.

Dixie Jones 8 years, 3 months ago

i am so surprised theres not more blogs here yet,,, awww come on ya all you can do better than this

even_money 8 years, 3 months ago

'Sylvia' deserves much better than to be "removed." She knows, however, that's the price you pay for being straightforward.

But blogspace is only that. A record of what you've said? Oops, my comments got removed.

Well, I actually didn't 'say' that. :) ...

GreenEyedBlues 8 years, 3 months ago

Oh my goodness, Gaynproud! I don't even know how one would wrap heterosexuality. That's a pretty big demand of Jesus Claus. You might stick with a Furby or a cashmere scarf...

Feliz Navidad, gentiles...

killjoy 8 years, 3 months ago

I would have to echo Smitty's request for a copy of all of e_m's removed posts or perhaps beautiful tree this year (named Sylvia) with a pair of perfect ornaments. Thanks e_m

gaynproud 8 years, 3 months ago

I an going to get straight this year

i_tching 8 years, 3 months ago

Peace on earth, good will to all, and the complete collapse and destruction of the Republican political party in this once-fair country.

I'll be quite satisfied if Santa brings just any one of the three.

A cookbook by Giada De Laurentiis would also be nice.

audvisartist 8 years, 3 months ago

A van so I can transport my low-income, 0-5 year old patients to and from their dental appointments! If you know of anyone that would be kind enough to donate a used van, please contact me at abcd@dcdclinic.org! Thanks! :)

smitty 8 years, 3 months ago

A copy of all of e-m's removed posts.

bennyoates 8 years, 3 months ago

Peace on earth and goodwill toward all.

sweetpeagj 8 years, 3 months ago

My wish is that everyone gets to spend the day celebrating the birth of Christ. (If that is what you beliieve.) Being able to be with the those that mean the most to everyone.

even_money 8 years, 3 months ago

Jayhawks buck Houston. o_m_b?