Previous   Next

Should student rosters be available to the military to aid recruiting?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 8, 2005

Browse the archives

“I think so, because a lot of students don’t consider the benefits that the Army offers. Especially when it comes to paying for college.”

“If you already have to register for the draft, then what’s the point? That only allows them to harass the female students.”

“I think it’s public information. They will probably get it one way or another, but I don’t think they should be able to go to high schools to recruit them.”

“No. I don’t believe in the draft in general, and they shouldn’t have access to the students information, either. If they want to join, they should contact the military themselves.”

Related story

Comments

Hong_Kong_Phooey 8 years, 11 months ago

Yes, the military should have access to student rosters. Colleges have access to the student rosters and the military is just another way for young people access opportunities that otherwise might not be available to them. Just because some people don't like the military (a ridiculous notion to begin with, since the military is what ensures our freedoms), it doesn't mean they should be locked out.

enochville 8 years, 11 months ago

Kids have to go to high school. They should have some ability to keep their contact information private. I do support registering for the draft, but that information should not be released to recruiters and should only be used when the country is actually drafting.

enochville 8 years, 11 months ago

I don't think the military should have special access to student rosters. Either every business or institution should have access or none of them. I prefer the latter option. At a minimum there should be a no contact list just as there is a no call list to block telemarketers.

enochville 8 years, 11 months ago

I haven't seen any sinister critics of the military post today. I was in the Air Force ROTC my first year of college. I enjoyed it, but decided to take a different path. I think it is great that a recruiter came to your school and let you know about opportunities. I do think people should be able to avoid being swamped with offers or high pressure salesmen/recruiters at home.

I am truly grateful for your service as well as for all who have ever served, my ancestors included. I would suggest not taking offense so easily.

Manson 8 years, 11 months ago

As for the topic of today as a male im indiffrent. One position I do take with regards to the draft is...If you are old enough to be eligable for the draft then I feel you are eligable to drink Alcohol.

If the government feels you are responsible enough to make the decision to kill the enemy by default that would make one responsible enough to handle alcohol.

Richard Heckler 8 years, 11 months ago

Absolutely not. Recruiters have a numbers requirement to fullfill and become pests like any other telemarketer. Perhaps every high school ought to have a coordinator that does nothing but advise students of ALL their financial opportunities regarding college funding. There are a lot of financial sources available.

Recruiters many times stretch the truth a little. The fact of the matter is if at the last minute someone changes their mind they do not have to go.

Bush and Cheney have asked the military to lay out a plan to basically take Iran of the face of the earth with nuclear weapons. That is not using good sense and mainstream media has indicated that military officials are not happy with this idea nevertheless Bush is commander in chief. Military officials did not want to invade Iraq and now look where we are at. Under this commander in chief one may want to reconsider before signing on...

Primary officials in this administration have no active duty military in their history. They chose college deferments.

Yes I am a veteran whose entire college education was paid for however like many other things the military is not for everyone. I know from experience recruiters will stretch the truth.

trueninetiesgirl 8 years, 11 months ago

my son has been in army almost three yrs and he is still trying to get his promised college money so he can go to college.it didnt take them three yrs to sign him up.

italianprincess 8 years, 11 months ago

Hate to sound like an overprotective mom here but.........

When they call here for my son, I tell them not to call back. I also told them that if he wants to join he will do it on his own. When they flyers come in the mail, I toss them in the trash.

I don't mean to sound unpatriotic, but my son will join is his chooses unless theres a draft and he has no choice. He plans on attending college after high school and major in marketing and accounting.

I have every right until he turns 18 to make major decisions for him right now. Hes not signing up for any military unless he truely wants to. When he graduates from high school he will make that choice on his own and with no one baggering him into it.

Have a great day everyone..........

Richard Heckler 8 years, 11 months ago

"It's just snowballed," Ms. Sheehan said beside a small stand of trees and a patch of shade that contained a sleeping bag, some candles, a jar of nuts and a few other supplies. "We have opened up a debate in the country."

Seeking to head off exactly the situation that now seems to be unfolding, the administration sent two senior officials out from the ranch on Saturday afternoon to meet with her. But Ms. Sheehan said after talking to the officials - Stephen J. Hadley, the national security adviser, and Joe Hagin, a deputy White House chief of staff - that she would not back down in her demand to see the president.

As the mother of an Army specialist who was killed at age 24 in the Sadr City section of Baghdad on April 4, 2004, Ms. Sheehan's story is certainly compelling. She is also articulate, aggressive in delivering her message and has information that most White House reporters have not heard before: how Mr. Bush handles himself when he meets behind closed doors with the families of soldiers killed in Iraq.

It is a presidental duty to console the families of those who died in war and Mr. Bush first met Ms. Sheehan on a public appearance to console families.

Ms. Sheehan's said, Mr. Bush did not know her son's name when she and her family met with him in June 2004 at Fort Lewis. Mr. Bush, she said, acted as if he were at a party and behaved disrespectfully toward her by referring to her as "Mom" throughout the meeting.

Ms. Sheehan's said, "Mr. Bush said to her that he could not imagine losing a loved one like an aunt or uncle or cousin." Ms. Sheehan said Mr. Bush and said the exact same thing to every other loved one, like he had memorized a greeting to voters at a campaign rally.

Ms. Sheehan said she broke in and told Mr. Bush that Casey was her son, and that she thought he could imagine what it would be like since he has two daughters and that he should think about what it would be like sending them off to war.

"I said, 'Trust me, you don't want to go there'," Ms. Sheehan said, recounting her exchange with the president. "He said, 'You're right, I don't.' I said, 'Well, thanks for putting me there.' " Bush shrugged and said," Okay there "Mom",thanks a lot for helping us out," and turned to an aide,roll his eyes toward Ms. Sheehan said,"Let's get out of here."

It is not clear how the White House will handle Ms. Sheehan. Mr. Bush usually comes and goes from the ranch by helicopter, but he might have to drive by her on Friday, when he is scheduled to attend a Republican fund-raiser at a ranch just down the road from where Ms. Sheehan is camped out. "

craigers 8 years, 11 months ago

I thought this was simple question and here we are at 9:35 in the morning and already the Bush Bashing begins, but we should have saw it coming. If colleges and other post high school institutes have this information then I think that the military should have it too.

Fangorn 8 years, 11 months ago

As has been opined by others, I believe if other organizations or companies have access to a roster, the military should also. If a school chooses to keep the list private from everyone, that can include the military.

IP: Why should anyone think you unpatriotic for letting your son make his own choices? The military really isn't for everyone. And people can serve their country in a multitude of other ways (most of which don't involve occasionally being targets). You seem like a very conscientious mother. I'm sure your son is well equipped to make good life-choices.

The military has plans for everything. We've probably got plans for invading Mexico (you know, in case we ever want to return the favor someday). I'm sure we've had plans for taking Iran out of the picture for years.

"It is a presidental duty to console the families of those who died in war". I must have missed that clause in the Constitution. Could anyone point it out for me? Five minutes with every family who lost someone in WWII would have kept FDR busy for nearly three years as long as he did nothing else, including sleep. A personal presidential visit for every KIA family is simply not realistic.

kshaff03 8 years, 11 months ago

Universities already sell student info to credit agencies, why the military would be excluded is beyond me.

Lib_ee12 8 years, 11 months ago

Rosters should be allowed open information, just like everything else seems to be. I like the 'no call list', but how hard is it to say 'No thanks. I'm not interested' when someone calls? I do that to telemarketers all the time. Better yet, just use your caller ID. That's why you pay for it.

I agree with Macon and TOB. These people knew what they were getting into when they signed up for the service. There is no reason to complain when the good times go bad.

I think we need droids to start reporting the news. I want only facts and verbatim quotes. Which Ms. Sheehan sounds more plausible? How should I know? Both articles are the polar opposites of each other. How much other news is so drastically manipulated? Why bother being informed when I'm unsure of it's reliablility? Who is with me?! Campaign for News Droids!

neopolss 8 years, 11 months ago

The recruiters can come to high school. Fine. But making it easier for them? No. Fielding calls at home now? No.

The state is getting the control it wants. Privacy is almost impossible now. Social security numbers required for everything, IDs required for travel, Consumer information bought and sold like cattle, and Radio Shack has started asking for home phone numbers again!

"Public safety" is a smoke screen. The true terrorists are the government that is slowly taking its control over the population. The scariest part is how incredibly easy it is to get ahold of.

jayhawks71 8 years, 11 months ago

I say no way. If you want to be on a list (read: opt in) then so be it. College faculty are not even allowed to acknowledge that a student is in their class under FERPA, without that student's permission, and this is when a "supposed parent" even calls. Often the person footing the bill.

Why would the University even consider releasing class rosters to the military. There is no need. They shouldn't release them to private industry either, this is what job fairs are for.

Redneckgal 8 years, 11 months ago

They can call my home all they want. I will tell them the same thing I told them when they were calling for my daughter last year...until he is 18 they will not talk with him under any circumstances. Frankly even after he is 18 I would try everything I could to discourage him from joining up at least while this fiasco the president started is going on. I didn't have that kiddo and raise him to have him get killed over some one else's stupidity. I'm afraid that might sound pretty harsh but thats my 2 cents.

Jayhawk226 8 years, 11 months ago

I do think it's interesting the government and military believe our young men/women are brave and mature enough to begin recruiting before they even turn old enough to vote...

...and yet, we'll make them wait to have their first LEGAL drink for another 3-4 years.

Probably a different topic...

Jayhawk226 8 years, 11 months ago

I graduated high school in '98...and the recruiters contacted my home regularly and visited my school.

I was always very polite and understanding as to what their mission is.

I calmly, politely and professionally indicated I have already been accepted to the University of Kansas, as of October '97, and I have already made my decision that is where I will begin my post-secondary education.

They did try to encourage further...but they knew they had little impact when I mentioned I have already put down tuition deposits etc.

I have a feeling they are probably a little more firm today considering the status of low recruiting numbers.

Staci Dark Simpson 8 years, 11 months ago

As for the poll question if everyone else is allowed access so should the military. But.....as one who was repeatedly called and I felt stalked at school by the military, namely the marines, it gets old. I think even if the military isn't allowed access to school rosters they are easy enough to find on your own. I agree with the career day idea. Every school should have one so kids can explore ALL of their options.

I also agree with the other posters, if you can fight for your country you should be able to have a drink. Beer is not the enemy it is the love of beer. I honestly didn't drink as much after turning 21, half the rush is trying to get it illegally. Just my thoughts!!

Richard Heckler 8 years, 11 months ago

Hey there TOB would you provide a link to your Sheehan story. Thank you in advance

Richard Heckler 8 years, 11 months ago

TOB:

Here is the rest of the article...the closing statements:

Since the meeting, Cindy has soured on Bush; she feels that she didn't convey her true feelings at their first meeting, and is holding vigil outside Bush's Crawford, Texas ranch.

"I plan on staying here the entire month of August or until he comes out to talk to me," she told reporters.

Sheehan told reporters she wants to ask "why (Bush's twin daughters) Jenna and Barbara and the other children of the architects of this disastrous war are not in harm's way, if the cause is so noble."

Bubarubu 8 years, 11 months ago

None of you seem to have read the article. The question isn't whether schools should give information to the military that they give to colleges. This isn't about schools withholding information, the PATRIOT Act made that illegal. This is about students (and their parents) being able to control who gets their information. Using myself as an example, the military was never a realistic option for me. I was college-bound and I knew it. Should I still have to deal with the dozens of pieces of mail, the phone calls at home, and (hand to God) the recruiter following me in the grocery store parking lot?

As for giving information to colleges, most colleges will instead get their information from the SAT/ACT/PSAT/PLAN registration, not directly from the school. This is not a question of equal access, but the schools being legally bound to provide information without a student's affirmative consent, information which is not otherwise available.

Richard Heckler 8 years, 11 months ago

All parents and future soldiers deserve to know as much as possible about the person they may be working for...

It's no secret that I feel the Iraq war was supported on lies and the fact that the administration could not keep it's stories straight. Not only that REAL military advisors were saying no. Bush was not any better governing Texas and now he's running the country as did Texas. My reading says there were plenty of republicans, and of course democrats, relieved to see him go...Bush is not a financial genius.

rhd99 8 years, 11 months ago

Without the STUDENT'S consent, & the parents approval, rosters should NOT be made available to our military recruiters. Yes, Bush as CinC of our Armed Forces has REALLY taken our military to a new low. Bub, I too, knew I was going to college. I also knew the military was not a realistic option for me. I REALLY had hoped to at least join the Reserves & work in the Combat Service Support arena (primarily to gain a background in business, management or administration), but that didn't pan out. I am an exception here on this board, I realize, but getting back to the question, it's up to the students & parents to act accordingly if they DO NOT want vital info. shared with recruiters; Meaning, if they want that info. private, they have RIGHTS. Now, if (God Forbid) we have a draft, that's a whole new puppy of a ball game.

Ceallach 8 years, 11 months ago

No, I do not have a problem with the military contacting students regarding the opportunities available through their programs.

This is not some arbitrary decision made by a university. Students have the option to withhold their directory information. Once they request their information to be available to the public -- well -- public is public.

Richard Heckler 8 years, 11 months ago

We received many calls before our son graduated and I told many that they were invading our privacy and hung up. This is not information anyone should have access to...absolutely no one.

As time will prove the Patriot Act is more about invading privacy and is not a useful document. This country had plenty of legal tools to accomplish whatever. There is nothing patriotic about the Patriot Act.

rhd99 8 years, 11 months ago

Merrill, I think it's time WE, the average Joe/Jane citizens of our country, push for an act (I know it will open Pandora's Box) that gives US the right to private information about our government leaders, particularly at the highest levels. Anarchy? Maybe, but maybe they would learn a hard lesson about Digging up Falsehoods about the American people, who ELECTED these JERKS!

Jayhawk226 8 years, 11 months ago

interesting concept rhd...

...seems like everytime the "public records" are divulged, that thick black marker streamed across type so it is now unreadable with the bold "CONFIDENTIAL" stamp surfaces.

National security interests at stake they say...pfffffft!

rhd99 8 years, 11 months ago

Jayhawk, then maybe when the NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND law was formed, our government officials should have taken a bigger look at the picture when it comes to our high school students-in relation to Military recruiters. How does this relate to Merrill's comment on the Patriot Act? That thick black marker that our government uses on Private info. on US, the person holding that black marker, that's DNA that can be used as evidence in court to throw privacy VIOLATORS in our government in jail. I would love to see that happen. Then, the PATRIOT ACT will be proven USELESS, because our own government commits the violations, therefore acting worse than the perpetrators on Sept. 11, 2001.

tell_it_like_it_is 8 years, 11 months ago

I hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if very soon we will begin hearing the first rumblings of a draft. Then is when you will begin to hear some really strong oppisition to Bush's blunder I think and hope.

rhd99 8 years, 11 months ago

Tell_it, I too hope you are wrong about a possible draft. Bush is already a LAME duck. His OWN REPUBLICANS are chiding him for some of the dumbest things he has pursued & forced Congress to pass without PROPER DELIBERATION! The thing is, when Bush pushed for No Child Left Behind (the very act that includes provisions regarding today's "On the Street" question), he, like other Republicans had NO CLUE about how to fund this law. Look at Kansas' situation in education, you can thank BUSH for that.

tell_it_like_it_is 8 years, 11 months ago

Bush is a worse crook then Nixon ever thought of being. I think in years to come history will bare this out. The only couple of differences are that Nixon had surrounded himself with men who were stupid and they got caught. Bushes people aren't stupid. They are ruthless and they are rotten to the core and they are taking our country straight down the sewer with them.

rhd99 8 years, 11 months ago

Hey, that's why this is America, OMB. You have rights to say whatever, but some Politically correct people in our country want to strip you & me of our rights to say anything we want. Why? Because it offends someone, TOO BAD!! Today's question says two things: 1. Tell_It, you're right, Bush is untrustworthy. 2. We, especially in Kansas have suffered because of Bush's STUPID policies in education. So, Bush's advisers aren't stupid. No, they aren't. Their BOSS is the stupid one for HIRING THEM. Gotta get ready for work. Later all.

Smarmy_Schoolmarm 8 years, 11 months ago

H_K_P: The military is not what ensures our freedoms. Our right to vote is what does that. When people don't vote intelligently, that is when we lose our freedoms. That is when those with no conscience and with personal agendas are able to gain power. That is when the government makes new laws, new acts that take away our freedoms.

Every kid in this country who has spent an evening watching television, or who has looked at any bulletin board at any school knows that there is money available for college through the military. I don't think it's a necessity to give out info on every student, but unfortunately it is the law.

Both of my sons were lied to by recruiters trying to make their quotas, and both of them got out as soon as possible. They each joined the military for money for their educations, but left with negative feelings in general. And for some generals.

A few posters have said that if the unis and other post HS institutions have information on students then the military should too. Explain to me how being (possibly) conned into giving up 4 or 5 years of your life with the possibility of having to lose the rest of it equals a two year radiology program, or a two year ag degree. It doesn't total up.

Sorry for the long post...I shouldn't wait so long to unload here.

smartypants 8 years, 11 months ago

The only way that you are being "conned" out of 4-5 years of your life is if you sign up for something without being smart enough to investigate what you are getting in to. There are lots of men and women that are proud to enlist and serve their country be it for college tuition or not. Another thing that gets me is the soldiers that whine about how they didn't sign up to go to war. They just wanted their schooling paid for. Don't sign up then! Anyone with half a mind knows that if a war starts, you can be sent regardless of why you enlisted!

Smarmy_Schoolmarm 8 years, 11 months ago

Here are two links that I posted here recently on this subject. I think they are worth revisiting. The first article talks about how the No Child Left Behind Act works in the context of this topic. http://www.rethinkingschools.org/war/readings/unre173.shtml This is a letter to schools from Rumsfeld. http://www.pen.k12.va.us/VDOE/nclb/Paige-Rumsfeld-ltr.pdf

Smarmy_Schoolmarm 8 years, 11 months ago

Original Bob: Sure some gain leadership skills, but most learn sheep skills.

smartypants: How do you suggest we investigate that what the government is telling us is the truth? If you can tell us how to do that we have it made bub.

italianprincess 8 years, 11 months ago

I agree with Redneckgal on everything she posted.

My son will make his own choice to join the military ( with me of course trying to talk him out of it ) when he turns 18.

If they continue to call, I will continue to say.........NO.

If they continue to mail info, it gets thrown in the trash.

Its about choices here and unless theres a draft my son isn't going anywhere unless he chooses too.

Hong_Kong_Phooey 8 years, 11 months ago

Italianprincess: I have one question for you. Are you also tossing any informational brochures from colleges into the trash? If so, then I believe you are truly allowing your son to make up his own mind. If not, then you are not allowing him to do so and are censoring his options.

Just something to think about.

Original Bob: I think I'll believe your copy of the exchange with Mrs. Sheehan, seeing how you actually posted a link and every other word wasn't spelled incorrectly.

linux_chick 8 years, 11 months ago

Understandably so, this country is overwhelmingly less than confident in Bush's decision-making abilities when it comes to anything resembling military involvement.

Unfortunately, this creates an enlistment drought and we still need a military... maybe even especially so, with as much animosity as we're generating overseas. Handing over graduate rosters may sound somewhat tough, but it's better than the draft.

At least then, our teens have a choice.

neopolss 8 years, 11 months ago

We take advantage of our youth so easily. Filling their heads with patriotism, loyalty, nobility, and greater causes, our young adults still lack a great sense of maturity or even experience in the outside world. I often hear "this is something I have to do." There's really no knowledge of why. No understanding of the world around them. How many of us truly paid attention to world politics, inner america struggles, or even knew the names of our politicians? How can our young adults be making wise decisions knowing so very little but the high school education they have, and a wide eyed expression that hasn't been jaded by a truth many of us know - there's no nobility or honor these days.

Richard Heckler 8 years, 11 months ago

I believe Italian Princess is on to something. IP's brain cells are very active.

linux_chick 8 years, 11 months ago

For sure, recruiters are going to spin military life in an honorable light... (that spin probably varies depending on the recruiter)

Whether we think this kind of propaganda is ethical or not, it's a far cry from a letter in the mail ordering your enlistment. We can't have it both ways... not with the military stretched this thin.

italianprincess 8 years, 11 months ago

linux _chick,

The only info we have recieved from any college so far is from KU. The others he may be interested in we have emailed and they have sent info.

My son wants to go into buisness, taking marketing and accounting. He will be in his 3rd year of both marketing and accounting at Free State as a senior and plans of opening a buisness someday.

I would rather have him live out of his dream of owning his own buisness, company, corporation in the future then join the military and possibly die. To many young men and women have already died without having a chance to go to college and make a future for themselves. I don't want this for my son, thats why he has this choice.

As a teenager I'm happy that he has choices that he can make regarding his future after he graduates. Hes a bright person with high regards to his future and I want to see him become the person he wants to.

italianprincess 8 years, 11 months ago

My last post should go to HKP and not Linux.

Sorry Linux.....wrong person here. My mistake, please forgive.

smartypants 8 years, 11 months ago

Smarmy: I have lots of family members in the military. It's not that hard to ask questions about any stipulations with the colege tuition assistance. Read the fine print and get everything in writing. If you are not satisfied with the terms, don't sign it. I'm not saying that some recruiters are not a little shady and manipulative. I just think that people need to use their own smarts and resources to make sure that they are getting what they expect and take some responsibility. If you have doubts, don't enlist. As OMB pointed out, the military is risky no matter what time you are in.

smartypants 8 years, 11 months ago

IP: Are you sure that you haven't made your son's decision for him? You use an awful lot of "I's" in your post. Not criticizing, just asking. It would not be easy for me to see my son join either. I am a mom too and know how painful it would be to see your child in a dangerous situation.

Smarmy_Schoolmarm 8 years, 11 months ago

smartypants: My sons did get the money they were promised for college; what they didn't get was the training.

The oldest, who already had some college under his belt, including a few semesters of Mandarin, was told that he was going to get training in Mandarin as an interpreter. He was told this from the time he signed up all the way through boot camp. He found out he'd been deceived when he actually got to the Presidio in Monterey, California, when he was told that he was going to be studying Spanish. That when he finished his training he would basically be a border guard. This is not what he wanted to do with his life, but was mislead down the line.
I've heard the same story time and again from young people and their parents, of being lied to by recruiters and lied to after basic.
How do you suggest someone take personal responsibility for this?
Believe me, there's no fixing it. No way out. You do your time and you get out. He feels that those were wasted years.
I can't say he's not used any of the training he received in the military. If we are ever invaded by Iraq he can probably do some damage. Ah skills!

smartypants 8 years, 11 months ago

The military has the perrogative to move soldiers where they are needed, not where they necessarily desire to go. If that was the case, important positions wouldn't be filled. People sign up for the military with unrealistic expectations. Was it so terrible to learn spanish instead of Mandarin? Spanish is the second most spoken language in this country and there are a lot of opportunities for people who speak it. He could find other ways to learn Mandarin. By person responsibility, I mean that people should accept they enlisted and maybe their expectations weren't met but they made they choice without a gun being held to their head. How many people pay tens of thousands of dollars to go get a college education only to find out it gets them nothing but in debt? Are the college recruiters being accused misleading high school students and wasting 4-5 years of their life too? Don't see much difference. Over 67% of graduates can't find a job when they leave college. Those that are lucky enough to get a job usually end up a field that isn't even close to their area of study. Kind of like the military huh?

smartypants 8 years, 11 months ago

And I am not saying college is bad either. I am just making that point that with anything in life, you don't always get out of it what you expect. Instead of looking at his service as a waster, maybe he could try looking at it as an experience that he wouldn't have otherwise had. What is a waste of time is dwelling on what happened instead of accepting things and moving on. Nothing in life is a waste unless you choose for it to be. You are where you are in life because of where you have been. It's all in the choices that you make and no one is responsible for your choices except yourself. End of my soapbox speech. Hope I didn't offend you. I am simply stating my opinion which really has no bearing on anything except that I like to debate things. It is in no way meant to offend or upset anyone.

hottruckinmama 8 years, 11 months ago

what an odd country we are. the same conservatives who about go into convulstions at the mere mention of sex ed think its okay fine for a recruiter to try persude 16 and 17 year olds to sign up for something that has the real potential to ruin or even end the rest of their lives. weird weird republicans. i think they have a few to many stars and stripes in their eyes.

Fangorn 8 years, 11 months ago

TOB: I was reading about some other news items and I came across a link to the Sheehan/Vacaville story you mentioned earlier. I haven't taken the time to read the whole thing yet. But it is directly from The [Vacaville] Reporter, not through Drudge, so hopefully you'll feel like you can trust the account. ;) And perhaps you will be able to evaluate how forthright Drudge was in his account. http://www.thereporter.com/republished

rhd99: Having served in the military for the last 16 years, I can tell you we were never any lower (during my service, at least) than when we had a draft-dodging commander-in-chief. We survived the wilderness of the Clinton years. Even with the war, morale is infinitely higher under our current president.

l_eustacy 8 years, 11 months ago

We need to reinstate the draft and make America strong and the world safe.

Then we need to use nukes in the mideast, Iran, Syria, Jordan, Afganistan, parts of Pakistan,Iraq, Libya, Saudi Arabia (especially mecca). We need to deport everyone from those countries before we nuke them first though.

As for Ms Sheehan, germ warfare should get rid of her. We don't have to kill her, just sprinkle her with Lyme ridden ticks while she sleeps.