Previous   Next

What is the scariest movie you have ever seen?

Asked at Hastings, 1900 W. 23rd St. on October 30, 2004

Browse the archives

The Ring.’ The sounds and theatrics, they got to me.”

“The first ‘Halloween,’ because they never showed the villain until late in the movie.”

“Michael Myers in the first ‘Halloween.’ That one’s creepy. It’s the music.”

“Honestly, it would have to be ‘The Exorcist.’ When she goes down the stairs upside down, when the bed starts jumping and the head starts spinning around. Those are the scariest parts.”

Comments

mrcairo 10 years, 2 months ago

The Shining ( the original ) Jaws Numero Uno. Psyco ( the original )

They don't make 'em like they used to.

Hi_Jinks 10 years, 2 months ago

Jaws.

And as the years went by, and special effects became what we know them to be today......Admittedly, that shark looks more and more ridiculous every time I see that movie on one of the cable channels.

But the very first time I saw that movie (as a child).......Man! That was a scary movie!

Larry 10 years, 2 months ago

I hate to do this but it is the truth since Hollywood shows don't scare me. The scariest show that I have ever seen was the 2004 DNC. :o)

Have a great weekend.
Larry

Lulu 10 years, 2 months ago

I have to say it is Fahrenheit 9/11. How could someone steal the election to be our president and fail miserably as our commander and chief?

That movie should be shown to all of our children.

There is a better way. Remember to vote November 2nd. Hope is on the way!

quietgirl 10 years, 2 months ago

Definitely Candyman. I love scary/horror flicks and don't get scared easily. Candyman kept me from sleeping for days!!!

jonas 10 years, 2 months ago

Hoof-Hearted: Turns out that Jonas is a greek variant of the original Jonah, which was adapted from the original hebraic form Yonah. So I guess we were both right.

. . . but I was more right than you.

As far as movies go, I'm with Larry (an event on the same equivelency as a full moon, it seems >}B-)> ) The last time I remember being truly scared of a movie, as opposed the the startled reaction most "scary" I.E. "slasher" flicks was while watching "The Omen." The sequel was good, too, but the third one sucked.

I was absolutely terrified of, of all things, the Ewok movie. I was about 4 years old, and that big monster at the end was the scariest thing I had ever seen.

Kontum1972 10 years, 2 months ago

scariest movie...hmmm ...how about 377 tons of HMX explosive that got away.....and that rag head who got away..and is still on the loose.....how about those jets slamming into buildings,,,,,now thats some real TERROR just enough for one to make doodlings in your undies....and the 100 million dollar question...why is Al Jizzerah (sp) still on the air...we dont have a cruise missile big enough or smart enough to blow that place to Hell...or the technology to jam that signal from that TV station.....we know it is a terrorist organization too....

...actually we ran out of cruise missiles.....and hellfire missiles too....long time ago....the "HORROR"....the "HORROR"...!

PASS THE POPCORN PLEASE!

GO FIGURE!

Grundoon Luna 10 years, 2 months ago

I'm with Elizabeth. The Exorcist, definitely. Jason, Freddie, and Michael didn't scare me nearly as much as Hoofy's possession of that poor adolescent darling's being.

Kontum1972 10 years, 2 months ago

hoof....it dont matter on the size...it is the Heart in the woman....i know some pretty amzing big women.... they would flip you like a pancake!

BTW: that older daughter is a cutie.....flip me please?

poke me with a fork..i'm done...have good weekend!

Grundoon Luna 10 years, 2 months ago

I don't believe in Satan, that's not to say I don't believe in evil and you, sir, are the embodiment of it. Jesus is very disappointed in you. You can't seriously believe that Jesus would approve of the bile and hatred you put forth?

Saw your psycho hose-beast, girlfriend on Bill Mahr last night. What a nut job!!

Tanetti 10 years, 2 months ago

The Langoliers. Never before or since have staple removers been so scary.

Grundoon Luna 10 years, 2 months ago

It's what YOU believe. Since I'm not a Christian your comments and quotes really carry no weight with me. Not that Christianity is bad, it just has some very warped followers - you demonstrate that point excellently, kinda like Phred. I believe what I believe. Since I live in the greatest country in the world, the Constitution guarantees that I am within my right to do so. Humor? Like a hydrochloric acid enema is funny? No, it's just sick. Watch that sexual harassing, hypocritical, butt munch O'Reilly? I'd sooner get the above enema first. As much as I appreciate your XOXOXOX, please save it for Coulter. She obviously needs some lovin'. She needs you, Hoofy!!

Grundoon Luna 10 years, 2 months ago

Hoofy, how you extrapolated that out of what I said is amazing! Did you finish high school? Your reading and comprehension totally sucks.

me 10 years, 2 months ago

Best scary movie ever is The Hitcher. It terrified me when I was a kid. To the point of night terrors for like two weeks. Ah the memories. Fahrenheit 911 is also pretty scary, but in a whole different way.