Previous   Next

Do you think it’s OK for a campaign worker to go to someone’s house to collect an advance ballot?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 26, 2004

Browse the archives

“No. Voting is something that should be private between a voter and their ballot.”

“I don’t think that it is. It would be easy to cheat, and it’s lazy.”

“No, I really don’t. I think that you should have to vote on Election Day or in advance at the courthouse.”

“That is politically incorrect. The person should make up their own mind. If they have already decided, then they should vote themselves.”

Comments

Azure_Attitude 9 years, 6 months ago

I shudder to think . . . my mama loves me but she could be jivin' too . . .

hoof_hearted 9 years, 6 months ago

azure_attitude:

to know me is to love me.....

Azure_Attitude 9 years, 6 months ago

Yeah, but he definietly needs his own script! He needs plenty - of the huge bar style, too. Maybe some Seroquel and a little Prozac to top it off.

The_Original_Bob 9 years, 6 months ago

Lulu probably has a Xanaz for him.

Azure_Attitude 9 years, 6 months ago

I've been watching this blog for months and I have to say it, Hoof Hearted, you are a hateful, contemptable pig. I've never seen someone in such desperate need of a chill pill. Someone should throw a Xanax bomb in a room and lock you in it. Is your hoof cloven 'cuz your meaness and hatred is sinister, man. . .

hoof_hearted 9 years, 6 months ago

Kontum:

Hoofy comes out of self-imposed exile for 30 seconds and says:

"What the:? What does kontum mean by: 'What have is you made lately?'

Whoa!! Dude needs some meds!!"

Okay, back to exile::

Kontum1972 9 years, 6 months ago

HOOFY....sorry i missed u....!

just came back from a funeral for a 29 year old Army Captain killed in IRAQ.....8 days after his birthday...

He made the ultimate sacrifice....! His Family is devastated.....!

What have is you made lately?

exercise your american right and take care of business on NOV 2nd......and as far a my Patriotism is concerned...i earned my "Red Badge of Courage".....from 1971-1973...i earned my Medals....Honorably!

BYE.....BYE! ( * )

The_Original_Bob 9 years, 6 months ago

hoof_hearted once again proves he isn't whatever age he claims. He just types whatever 14 year old trash talk tripe comes to mind.

consumer 1 - I just think that the odds of getting a vote to the vote counting place would have a much better chance if it was mailed rather than scumbag Dems or Repubs picking them up and throwing away votes. Just wondering because I don't care either way since everyone loses in this presidential election. I'd be concerned with local/state races that have a chance of being close.

hoof_hearted 9 years, 6 months ago

redneckgal: today, yer probably right. I'll put myself in a self-imposed seclusion for the remainder of the day. Sorry about that chief! See ya tomorrow!!

Redneckgal 9 years, 6 months ago

hoof_hearted-what kind of hoof is that? Jackass? That would be appropriate for you.

Hi_Jinks 9 years, 6 months ago

Oh, boy! Here we go! I'm sensing that things are going to get REAL UGLY around here before this day is over!

People, my I remind you that this site is monitored!

lunacydetector 9 years, 6 months ago

I wonder what happens at all the rest homes right here in Lawrence, Kansas? The LJW NEEDS to do an investigative report on the rest home residents and how each one voted. Last election I saw a lady with a stack of ballots delivering them from a rest home.

Just tell me how all the old folks knew who they were voting for.

hoof_hearted 9 years, 6 months ago

kotex1972:

Take that middle finger, sit on it, 'n twirl::

Your service? Dishonorable discharge, no doubt:.

Kontum1972 9 years, 6 months ago

hoof and miss magoo...read my middle finger...i did my service...what about you?

missmagoo 9 years, 6 months ago

well if i was collecting ballots door to door, i'd throw the dem ones away too.

who's to say ballots by mail get there anyways? hell they can't even count them right half the time at the polling stations anyways.

hoof_hearted: right on, buddy! kontum: lover or hater?

consumer1 9 years, 6 months ago

O'Bob, the only thing that concerns me is, with the postal system, votes could still be in the mail and coming in for the next 25 years. That is why I said similar to the can drive. No stamp ='s no buracratic back log. The only real reason to vote for prez is for who will get the pleasure of appointing the next supreme court justice. ie, either saving humanity or throwing it all away.

hoof_hearted 9 years, 6 months ago

kontum: time to adjust your meds pal ...........

Kontum1972 9 years, 6 months ago

no matter who wins the friggin election there is still a "WAR" on and it is not going to "GO AWAY".....its a Jihad.

Kontum1972 9 years, 6 months ago

Wow ...if we could bottle up all this hated and negitive energy between both factions and send it over to Iraq we might defeat the bad guy's.....Jeez.....we are own own worst enemy......by the way... troop strength is really sucking....so is morale....and supplies......nobody in now will be able to get out.....they are in for the long haul....recruitment quota's are not being met...so if u need employment..sign-up you "Patriots"......Huwah!

The_Original_Bob 9 years, 6 months ago

Why would they need to be hand delivered? It seems like mailing through the good 'ol US Postal Service directly to wherever the votes get counted would be sufficient.

consumer1 9 years, 6 months ago

I think we should all just wear stickers that read, " If my vote counted, I would vote for -----------". Then we could all wear our opinions for everyone who is concerned to see.

consumer1 9 years, 6 months ago

If there are individuals who are homebound, and can't get to the polls, (which I am sure there are)couldn't the mail carrier's pick up their ballots? Similar to the can food drive.( postage free) But! in all reality, the popular vote means nothing! So, why sweat the details?? If you vote, great! then you get to wear a little sticker that tells everyone you did your patriotic duty. But, until we change this flawed voting system, why make a big deal out of something that really doesn't matter anyway?

hoof_hearted 9 years, 6 months ago

Answer me this, chump libs:

Who's political party HQs have been being vandalized and broken into all over the country? Yeah, let's trust the friggin' Democrats to take good care of hand delivered ballots!!! I rest my case!

Go W !!!!!!!

mrcairo 9 years, 6 months ago

Again, the masses miss the question and begin to spew. The question is: Do you think it's OK for a campaign worker to go to someone's house to collect an advance ballot?

Imagine a disabled person, who wants to vote, and can't get out. To have someone simply pick up a ballot that is already filled out is a wonderful thing to do. Unless of course you believe that the disabled have no voice or no right to vote.

The key words in the question are: To Collect a Ballot, not to force someone to vote one way or another.

nicegirl 9 years, 6 months ago

Yes Hi_jinks: I think the question eluded him. I was responding to O_B on the part about him not being an engineer as O_B mentioned he wondered what type of engineer he is.

Hi_Jinks 9 years, 6 months ago

nicegirl......

Perhaps John is a construction worker.

However, my comment was about his response. I've just reread it, and it still doesn't seem to make any sense to me! I don't think he understood the question properly.

mr_daniels 9 years, 6 months ago

All folks must know that there is no longer an Honorable Democrat Party; it simply does not even exist! If ever there is a time for voter fraud levied upon the voter, this is it. Third party handling of a ballot will lead to the Government having to force new and National permanent voter change. Voter I.D. is on the horizon. Perhaps that is where we are going! But make no mistake about it oh fellow Conservatives, the Liberal Left has managed to morph itself in the new Democratic Progressive Socialist Party of Amerika and has an agenda for big government and a gradual dismantiling of the U.S. Constitution and the 10 Bill of Rights. Essentially, we Conservatives must guard the Red, White and Blue from those whose banner is that of the Hammer and Sickle!

GO GOP 04

nicegirl 9 years, 6 months ago

I only comment because I have in fact met John through someone else that I know and he is a construction worker, not an engineer. Besides, what is wrong with campaign workers changing ballots? That way they can help ensure that their candidate wins. (Please note the sarcasm before jumping on me).

pike 9 years, 6 months ago

lunacydetector ....... Is this guy for real??.....AHhhh cant reply ......to busy choking .......on huge..... load of...... crap

Hi_Jinks 9 years, 6 months ago

Good point, nicegirl. You know, I thought of that myself....but I didn't say anything at first because we have some posters here on this site who insist on getting all bent out of shape when they read other posters' comments (like mine) that are directed towards the people in the pictures (like John). So I refrained from doing so (until now)!

Also, I think that if you vote at home, the voting cards/sheet is put inisde a sealed envelope isn't it? I would hope so! Judging by Jared's comment, you would think that a person just hands over their ballot---with no envelope! If that's the case, then Jared has a point. But I can't imagine that that is the case! If it is, I would never choose to vote that way (at home)!

lunacydetector 9 years, 6 months ago

For Original Bob...

Democratic: Democratic Of, relating to, or characteristic of the Democratic Party.

The_Original_Bob 9 years, 6 months ago

Oh yeah, John has issues. I wonder what kind of engineer he is. Usually, they are somewhat intelligent. Although, since I can't stomach voting for either Bush or Kerry, I now know it is ok to write myself in.

nicegirl 9 years, 6 months ago

I think that it would be okay in a perfect world. There are many elderly and disabled people that cannot get out to go to a polling site. However, it is probably best that they're advance ballots are mailed or something. There is too much controversy over the handling of ballots and elections anyway. Why add fuel to the fire?

P.S. Does anyone else think John is on something or that he totally did not understand the question? The scary thing is he is probably voting!

The_Original_Bob 9 years, 6 months ago

Parody? No no. I have seen the Lulu light. I'm converting to the way beyond left ideology and hysterics of the great man.

lunacy - We live in a Democratic society. There happens to be a Democrat party (as opposed to democratic party, no such thing).

jonas 9 years, 6 months ago

Maybe. . . .

The shrub is. . . bad, and uh. . . ah the hell with it.

Can't do the parody this morning. Oh well. O-Bob, my hat to you.

lunacydetector 9 years, 6 months ago

with democratic fringe groups being caught (even paying for votes in return for crack cocaine), and the 122,000+ fictitious people or felons (like two convicted Al Qaida terrorists) voting for democrats in ohio, the convicted felons voting in Florida, the attempted suppression of military votes by democrats across the country - it leaves the door wide open for widespread fraud, especially in communities where the democratic party has a lot of power.

the democrats in other states are doing it (fraud). how does the local democratic party explain away the illegal actions committed by democrats in other communities? most democrats feel the election in 2000 was "stolen," even though it was not, so the conscious guilt for fraud has been removed in some democratic minds, obviously.

Hi_Jinks 9 years, 6 months ago

Well I see LuLu has completely overtaken Original_Bob's body! He is now completely under the spell of LuLu! We've lost another one, folks!

SIGH

Hmmm......Who's next?

Jonas? nicegirl? We'll see............................

The_Original_Bob 9 years, 6 months ago

Shrub would like to destroy all votes for the great man, John Kerry and his wonderful wife, Theresa. They are afraid of peace and would like to reap the profits from their illegal oil activities. Shrub and is ilk are mean.

John Kerry is a truly honest and good man. He will make this country great again. Oh, and medicate all the kids so they behave in school.

hoof_hearted 9 years, 6 months ago

andre: right on bro! merrill: yer a dweeb dude! LuLu: an advance remark to whatever yer gonna say: eat one that's large sweetheart!

Larry 9 years, 6 months ago

Amen Andre_Linoge! Amen, my friend.

Andre_Linoge 9 years, 6 months ago

While it does make it easier for the Democrats to conduct thier vote fraud activities by facilitating the manufacture of fraudulent ballots and the destruction of ballots cast for the Republicans, it should probably not be allowed.

Richard Heckler 9 years, 6 months ago

Considering people/companies working for the republican have been accused of destroying democrat registrations it would seem high risk. How do you know that your ballot would get counted? I do understand the logic behind the effort.