Previous   Next

What is the longest period of time that you would wait in line for Kansas University basketball tickets?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 19, 2004

Browse the archives

“Unless it was a really good matchup, I probably wouldn’t wait for them. I think that sometimes it is more fun to watch the games at home.”

“I would wait a good couple hours if I didn’t have anything else to do.”

“For KU basketball tickets I would wait about six hours before I would walk off. That’s about the limit of my patience.”

“If there was a line, I just wouldn’t wait. I’m not a big basketball fan. I waited in line for football tickets one time and regretted every minute of it.”

Comments

Bryan Wilcox 9 years, 6 months ago

rohdek,

I guess he's probably gotten a few letters then as I sent him one too after my initial panic.

drugdealer 9 years, 6 months ago

Wow Mr. Cairo, very intelligent comments. Especially coming from a child molester.

Kyle Rohde 9 years, 6 months ago

bryan, you're right. it was kind of like on sept 11th when everybody freaked out about gas and there were huge lines at all the gas stations. i probably overreacted a bit when i took a letter to lew perkins right afterwards, but we'll see if he actually responds to me.

Bryan Wilcox 9 years, 6 months ago

Funnybone, obviously you've never heard the majority of the population try to play a musical instrument.

Funnybone 9 years, 6 months ago

Why wait for tickets if you don't have to?? Join the marching band and ticket whoas won't happen. Talk about a free ride to a good game and excellent seats. Plus the marching band is educational and fun. Great people, great fun!!

Bryan Wilcox 9 years, 6 months ago

just to clear up some confusion, the rush on tickets was completely unnecessary yesterday (I got caught up in it for about 30 minutes but then had to go to class). Today I walked right up and had tickets within about 5 minutes. In addition, The rumors that the name printed on the ticket restricted the ticket to being using by that person only are not true; despite what you might have read in today's UDK. They are student tickets, and as such can be used by any student with a valid KUID.

italianprincess 9 years, 6 months ago

I simply invite friends over, BBQ some goodies and watch when its on tv.

Look forward to another season of BBall with the Hawks and maybe even this year we will take it all the way.

Kyle Rohde 9 years, 6 months ago

Cairo, what football team have you been watching? KU's has the 2nd toughest schedule in the nation.

And to answer the original question, I waited for over 2 hours yesterday for tickets to exhibition games. I'd wait a day or two in line for Mizzou tickets.

Adam 9 years, 6 months ago

Till' Hell Freezes Over!!!

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!

hoof_hearted 9 years, 6 months ago

mrcairo:

How could you possibly say "that big fat coach" needs to lose 100 lbs.!! What's wrong with you???!!

It's more like 150 lbs:::

Haymaker 9 years, 6 months ago

Wow the most idiotic comment of the day and we are only a few posts deep? Kinda jumping the gun, aren't we?

mrcairo 9 years, 6 months ago

I wouldn't pay to see them. Perhaps if they paid me I would consider it. I would however, pay and wait for hours to see the girls team play. They're very good, much better than the mens team. Ditto with the football team. I think that big-fat coach should lose about 100 pounds. The guy is a disgrace. Aren't they playing St. Mary's girls-school soon? Now that would be a good game. I'll take KU + 3.

Richard Heckler 9 years, 6 months ago

It is my understanding that student tickets are over sold... some cannot get them even though they've paid. Bummer

hoof_hearted 9 years, 6 months ago

two minutes, twelve seconds. that's it..... any longer and it becomes a waste o' time............