Previous   Next

Do you think that changing KU’s football uniforms from blue to crimson could help us win?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 9, 2004

Browse the archives

“We won more basketball games with the crimson uniforms, so I guess it could help.”

“It may not help them win, but a change of color is always nice.”

“No. I think that being a better football team would help us win.”

“Sure. Change always seems to generate positive results.”

Comments

jonas 10 years, 2 months ago

It's hard to keep myself entertained when I work on Saturday morning.

Adam 10 years, 2 months ago

I think that improving our special teams play and ability to run block would improve our chances of winning.

lunacydetector 10 years, 2 months ago

Who will pay for this change of uniform color, the taxpayers?

jonas 10 years, 2 months ago

And that was carry, not care, a small person

cdgig 10 years, 2 months ago

We are the only team in the Big 12 with Blue as a primary school color, so I would stick with what we have.

Savage 10 years, 2 months ago

Crimson isnt a bad color for uniforms as long as its dark enough. Go team go!

The presidential debate score-card is pretty cool on this site.

jonas 10 years, 2 months ago

I don't care about the basketball uniforms. Do you want to know what I do care about? Well, I'll tell you! I care about lemurs! The lemurs in Madagascar are just begging to become a part of my world conquest plan. Some genetic modifying, and what would we have? Giant mutant lemurs of Death!!! They'll be about the size of a large Saint Bernard, and equipped with high tech shoulder mounted missile weaponry. And sharp, pointy teeth! I would build custom harnesses and saddles, resemblant to Battle Cat's accessories from the old He-Man cartoons (and the new one, come to think of it!).

The next step involves my little men with sticks project. For those of you that don't know what that is, here's a little background. The little men with sticks project will be an epic work in Pavlovian science. We're going to alter human genotypes to create a race of tiny men, maybe about two and a half, three feet tall. Each of these little men will have a one inch thick stick, of perhaps equal length to their height. They will be given some urban combat and evasion training, but nothing too complicated. Their brains will be fairly simple, after all. Each little man will be implanted hypnotically with a Prime Directive. For instance "Keep this particular person from smoking." Then, every time they see that behavior (such as lighting up, in this case) they will rush to action, whacking the target across the back of the knees with great force and then scampering out of reach before retaliation. For those of you who think that this is exploitation I saw Bah! They'll be perfectly happy; I'll program them that way!

But we're not talking about the LMWS project, but it's offshoot. With their urban combat training, these tiny people are the perfect pair-up with my mutant giant lemurs. The reasoning is very simple; would YOU be able to fight (with a serious, focused mind) against an army of tiny men, mounted on giant mutant lemurs? I think not! They'll run right past you as you lie on the floor, twitching with the unreality of it all, right to the weapons our government has stored all over the place, and then the conquest will begin! The Little Men on Lemurs (and their off-shoots; Emperor Monkeys and Boxer Kangaroos{they fit in the pouches}) will spread to all corners of the globe, armed with Weapons of Slightly Less than Mass Destruction, and the new order will arise.

So the question is, who's with me? I'll be accepting applications for my key officer corps for the next week, so if you want to get in on the action, now's the time to speak up.

Remember, a vote for me is a vote for Mutant Lemurs of Death!

Rosycheeks 10 years, 2 months ago

A bit too much coffee this morning, gentlemen?? As far as the real subject matter at hand, I think that the color of the uniforms has no direct link to the team's performance. Maybe they should practice more, especially that kicker! What a silly question! It is no wonder Jonas went off on a tangent!

jonas 10 years, 2 months ago

Col. Bob: To be honest, I'm worried that if we make the lemurs any larger than required to care a small person, instability in their genetic code would develop that would make it likely that they would have a total molecular breakdown. It's still worth a try, of course, but be prepared for possible dissapointment. I'm thinking for the officer corps another animal will be required. The standby is the elephant, of course, preferably modified to purple with pink polka-dots, but another might be suitable as well. If you have any suggestions, kindly illucidate.

At any rate, welcome aboard!