Previous   Next

Do you ever have trouble getting to your KU classes within the 10-minute break?

Asked at Jefferson's Restaurant on October 8, 2004

Browse the archives

“No. Ten minutes is fine for me, but I have a friend who is always five minutes late to class because he has such a long way to walk.”

“Yes. It’s hard to schedule two classes in the same area. Sometimes you have to go all the way across campus.”

“I don’t have a problem getting to class, but I think that a 15-minute break would be better because the classes are so long.”

“No, because all my classes are in the same building. It’s not the breaks that are the problem; it’s getting to class in the first place.”

Comments

adrian 10 years, 9 months ago

Hey folks,

I'm one of the Journal-World online staff members. We've banned the "Jimmy" user from participating because we got many complaints about how inappropriate his comments were.

me 10 years, 9 months ago

Jonas man you kill me! I look forward to your posts more than the actual jworld itself.

jonas 10 years, 9 months ago

Consumer1: I'm under the impression that Jimmy got booted. I'll miss the ranting, personally, though I can imagine that I might be the only one.

Hi_Jinks 10 years, 9 months ago

....yeah, and a big jug of KC Masterpiece!!!

Kyle Rohde 10 years, 9 months ago

Now this is a question that couldn't possible turn into a Bush/Kerry debate could it?

To answer the question, 10 minutes is the bare minimum. I've had to go from JRP to Dole in 10 mins and that's tough. 15 mins would be nice..

Savage 10 years, 9 months ago

When I scheduled classes, I went for the M, W, F 9, 11, and 1 thing. And on T, Th, 11 and 1 .... always an hour to do the assignments before class and time to sleep in on T and Th.... no worries about 10 minute breaks. Its all good.

Hi_Jinks 10 years, 9 months ago

Jonas, consumer1......

I'm under the distinct impression Jimmy got booted out of here too! If you go back and look at his earlier posts from a week ago.......They're all gone! Hmm......

However (just thinking out loud).........If he got booted, under the name "Jimmy Olsen"........Couldn't he just come back using a different moniker?? How does that work when a person is "forever banished"?? Does the LJ World track IP's? Is that how it works? I mean, I'm sure if he came back under a different name, we'd all recognize his "venomous" tone/rant. Wouldn't we? I think I would. His posts had a rather distinct way/sound about them!

Jimmy was too insulting. His positions on Bush was one thing.....but his personal attacks (and in some cases, downright vulgar attacks) on other posters here was what did him in.

pike 10 years, 9 months ago

What do you think Nate has been smoking? (see pic)

Savage 10 years, 9 months ago

I wish i could go back n read the hard core comments. Thats when it gets fun in here right? Stick n stones may break my bones, but words never hurt me (except here i guess). If someone complains to LJW... I guess you're gone. Not just banned from here on out... but rather total annihilation of all previous posts too. Not sure if I agree with that. Even though I feel ( i just remember a few) his comments were hard-core, a warning would have been suffice... dont you all think so? Anyways... Im sure the guy will be back mac spoofed and also happy that his ISP provides dynamic instead of static IP addresses.

jonas 10 years, 9 months ago

My first semester of college I had to go from Melott to Smith hall, and that was stretching it. Since then, I've learned to consider the building locations when I'm making my schedule.

Of course, if Bush is re-elected, I've heard he's going to make legislation that will cause the buildings to be even farther apart than before, supposedly so terrorists couldn't hit two of them at once. But we all know it's just so we miss class and flunk out. He's afraid of intelligent people who can see what a chickenhawk, fascist, terrible, horrible, very bad president he is. He's going to cut the bus service too, to save money for his tax cuts for his rich buddies. Good luck getting to class if he gets re-elected.

(just for you rohdek)

bigcat 10 years, 9 months ago

My second semester I had a class at Robinson and one ten minutes later at Smith. I would either walk in late or as a ball of sweat. It was a learning situation that you were conscious in future enrollments of class placement. Once again the great advisors at KU shined for me that semester. (sarcasm) But at least now I can look back and laugh.

Hi_Jinks 10 years, 9 months ago

I don't want to sound "conspiratorial".... but do you suppose that there ever really was a "Jimmy Olsen"?? The other day, I think it was the "Original_Bob" (Correct me if I'm wrong, Bob!) who brought up the idea/possibility that "Jimmy" may have been a fictitious LJ World plant/character. I mean think about it for a minute.....Jimmy Olsen was/is a reporter for a newspaper, right? Well, the LJ World is a newspaper..... Coincidence? What a perfect name for a fictitious character---asssuming it was LJ World inspired!

Hmmm....something to think about..........

jonas 10 years, 9 months ago

Hi-Jinks: Actually, there was a Bruce Wayne and a Clark Kent who spewed vileness in the same light as Jimmy, and sure enough they got booted too. Don't know how that works, but it's my guess that if he does come back, and continues the same behavior, his new moniker will get kicked out as well.

I have my doubts about lulu being an ljworld employee. She posts on the Readers Reaction forum as well, and I seem to recall just a personal e-mail being tagged to her. Not enough to conclusively say, of course, but enough for me to doubt the idea.

Me: Thanks! Always good to be appreciated.

Hi_Jinks 10 years, 9 months ago

Yeah, LJ World, I stand shoulder-to-shoulder with my brother Original Bob! I'm not really into conspiracies! I was just speculating!

Boy! Things sure are nice and cozy around here now that Jimmy's gone! We're all one great, big, happy family! Aren't we, everyone?

Original Bob, Jonas, consumer1, you're all coming over to my place this weekend for that big BBQ I got planned? Yes?