Previous   Next

What is the best food to barbecue?

Asked at South Park on June 5, 2004

Browse the archives

“Have you ever had barbecued turkey? It’s really good. It’s the best turkey I’ve ever had.”

“I’m going with something strange, but tofu hamburger patties. They hold seasoning a lot better than regular beef.”

“Organic lamb with a homemade pesto sauce.”

“Beef. Steak.”

Comments

Dixie Jones 6 years, 11 months ago

beans... lil boogers are hard to keep on the rack tho..... hope everyone had a wonderful day today

kneejerkreaction 6 years, 11 months ago

Pigs tell me bovine and bovine tell me pigs. Dems tell me Reps.

Kathy Getto 6 years, 11 months ago

First mate makes a mean pork loin on the barby - he has damned good loins, too. :-)

jonas 6 years, 11 months ago

Prospector: You took my line. Cuuuuurrrrrsssseesss!!!

/shakes fist

riverdrifter 6 years, 11 months ago

Back ribs. Beef tenderloins. Put tofu on my grill and it gets thrown off the damn deck.

Eric Neuteboom 6 years, 11 months ago

I'm with you, River!

Since I'm making this tonight, brats (simmered for an hour before in beer) along with some grilled onions.

Frederic Gutknecht IV 6 years, 11 months ago

I didn't read the article but... Does barbecue even EAT? In any case, even if it's alive when it gets a dry rub, it couldn't possibly appreciate the flavor of what it tastes once it's being burned alive due to all that smoke! This is just silly.

Linda Aikins 6 years, 11 months ago

This is just too weird. Prospector, how did this article come up for you to be first responder?

Looks like I'd better work on my flux capacitor.

Jeff Rice 6 years, 11 months ago

The question asks what is the best food to barbecue. First of all Barbecue is a dish consisting of a whole, or part of, an animal (usually pig) slow cooked over a smoldering fire or smoke for a long period of time. Most of you are not talking about barbecuing, you're talking about "grilling". Theres a big difference. The best foods to barbeque, in my opinion, are Pork Boston Butts (pulled pork) and Beef Briskets. Both of these, smoked over hickory at about 250 degrees for about 12 hours, produce some of the best barbeque you could imagine. Pork spareribs cooked in the same fasion (but only for 7-8 hours) are also very good. Anyone can "grill", but it takes time, patience, and practice to be able to produce good "barbecue".