- Special feature
- Spring runners' guide 2018
- March 6, 2018
- Hit the trails, help a few good causes and have a blast
- Healthy Outlook: I went a week without caffeine; here’s what happened
- Hint: I’m still caffeine-free
- 8 measles cases confirmed at Johnson County child care center
- March 17, 2018
- The Johnson County Health Department says eight measles cases have been confirmed in the eastern Kansas county.
- FDA begins push to cut addictive nicotine in cigarettes
- March 15, 2018
- Federal health officials took the first step Thursday to slash levels of addictive nicotine in cigarettes, an unprecedented move designed to help smokers quit and prevent future generations from getting hooked.
- 3 cases of measles confirmed in Johnson County
- March 14, 2018
- Three cases of the measles have been confirmed at a child care facility in suburban Kansas City.
- Healthy Outlook: Some family-friendly, super healthy alternatives to green beer
- These green smoothies are lucky charms
- March 11, 2018
- St. Patrick’s Day is a time to celebrate … well, drinking, mostly. And with that often comes a fun tradition: green beer. But hey, Lawrence — you know what’s even more fun than green beer? Green smoothies.
- Planned new Breast Center looks to the future of patient care
- March 11, 2018
- The Breast Center at Lawrence Memorial Hospital’s new west campus, planned for the northeast corner of Sixth Street and South Lawrence Trafficway, is all about the future.
- Study: Cholesterol drug lowers risk of death, heart attack
- March 10, 2018
- A newer cholesterol drug, used with older statin medicines, modestly lowered heart risks and deaths in a big study of heart attack survivors that might persuade insurers to cover the pricey treatment more often.