- Special feature
- 'Health' Magazine: 2018 Edition
- October 5, 2017
- An annual special-release publication of Lawrence Magazine focusing on the nurturing of the mind, body and soul in the Lawrence, Kansas region.
- Free seminar to tackle tough questions about Alzheimer’s
- Research, financial considerations, caregiving among agenda topics
- Feds threaten funds for Kansas mental hospital
- October 21, 2017
- The federal government is threatening to cut off funding for patient care at the state mental hospital in western Kansas, saying the facility is not complying with federal rules and demanding safety-related renovations in one of its buildings.
- Authorities seek forfeiture of seized camel milk in Kansas
- October 20, 2017
- Authorities have seized camel milk in Kansas that prosecutors allege falsely claims unproven health benefits.
- U.S. regulators approve 2nd gene therapy for aggressive lymphoma
- October 19, 2017
- U.S. regulators on Wednesday approved a second gene therapy for a blood cancer, a one-time, custom-made treatment for aggressive lymphoma in adults.
- FDA advisers endorse gene therapy to treat form of blindness
- October 18, 2017
- A potentially groundbreaking treatment for a rare form of blindness moved one step closer to U.S. approval last week, as federal health advisers endorsed the experimental gene therapy for patients with an inherited condition that gradually destroys eyesight.
- U.S. obesity problem is not budging, new data shows
- October 17, 2017
- America’s weight problem isn’t getting any better, according to new government research.
- Maple Leaf Run kicks off festival’s Saturday activities
- October 15, 2017
- The Maple Leaf Run returns Saturday at the Baldwin City Golf Course, 1500 South St.