Lawrence City Commission agenda set for Feb. 12 work session
1. Approve City Commission meeting minutes from 02/05/19.
2. Receive minutes from various boards and commissions.
3. Approve all claims. The list of claims will be posted by the Finance Department on Monday prior to the meeting. If Monday is a holiday, the claims will be posted as soon as possible the next business day.
4. Approve appointments as recommended by the Mayor.
5. Bid and purchase items
a) Award Bid No. B1859 for one (1) Front Load Refuse Truck for the Solid Waste Division, to TCS Truck in the amount of $166,216.00, as part of the 2019 CIP (PW19F1CIP) replacement schedule.
6. Adopt on first reading, Ordinance No. 9638, allowing the sale, possession and consumption of alcohol on the 800 block of Pennsylvania and the 600 block of E. 8th Street (New Jersey Street to Delaware Street) on Saturday May 4, 2019 from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. associated with the 2019 Kansas Food Truck Festival event.
7. Adopt on second and final reading, the following ordinances:
a) Joint City Ordinance No. 9637/County Resolution No. 19-01, reestablishing the Douglas County Food Policy Council as a joint advisory board and updating the bylaws to govern the Council’s work.
b) Ordinance No. 9618, approving a Text Amendment, TA-18-00430, to the City of Lawrence Land Development Code, to define and clarify the use of conditional zoning.
8. Authorize the City Manager to execute a Professional Services Agreement for the 23rd Street Multi-modal Corridor Study with Olsson, Incorporated.
9. Receive the Bert Nash Community Mental Health Center 2018 2nd Quarter Performance Report, 3rd Quarter Performance Report, and 4th Quarter Performance Report.
10. Authorize the Mayor to sign a Release of Mortgage for Marily Mulingbayan, 2408 Sweet Grass Court.
11. Authorize the Mayor to sign a Mortgage Subordination Agreement for David T. Shawley and Gabriella K. Shawley, 2637 Maverick Lane.
Work session agenda
1. Receive a draft ordinance amending the fines for first time marijuana possession.
2. Discussion with Affordable Housing Advisory Board.
The City Commission will convene at 5:45 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall, 6 E. Sixth St.