Lawrence City Commission agenda set for Nov. 20 meeting
1. Approve City Commission meeting minutes from 11/13/18.
2. Receive minutes from various boards and commissions.
3. Approve all claims. The list of claims will be posted by the Finance Department on Monday prior to the meeting. If Monday is a holiday, the claims will be posted as soon as possible the next business day.
4. Approve licenses as recommended by the City Clerk’s Office.
5. Approve appointments as recommended by the Mayor.
6. Adopt on first reading, Ordinance No. 9575, amending Section 6-13A03(c) to match the Land Development Code permitting short-term rental units within a registered Accessory Dwelling Unit.
7. Adopt on second and final reading, Ordinance No. 9572, authorizing the issuance of Industrial Revenue Bonds, in the amount of $3,000,000, for Heritage Tractor to obtain a sales tax exemption on construction materials to rebuild their facility at 1110 E. 23rd Street.
8. Adopt Resolution No. 7274, declaring the City’s intent to reimburse costs of acquiring certain equipment from proceeds of a lease purchase agreement.
9. Authorize the City Manager to sign a Memorandum of Understanding to define Lawrence Transit’s role in the metropolitan transportation planning process.
10. Authorize the Mayor to execute the Professional Services Agreement for Executive Search Services in substantially the form of the attached agreement with Ralph Andersen & Associates.
11. Authorize the City Manager to execute a construction services agreement with WHP Training Towers for construction of a Training/Burn Tower.
12. Authorize the Mayor to sign a Release of Lien for the Lawrence Community Housing Trust property at 1108 Connecticut Street.
1. Conduct public hearing regarding sidewalk dining license renewals. If no objections are received by the deadline, the public hearing will not be necessary, and this item will be removed from the agenda.
Action: Conduct public hearing, if appropriate.
2. Conduct a public hearing to consider a vacation request submitted by Randy & Beth Ham, to vacate 15 feet of Right-of-Way on 12th Street adjacent to the north side of 1201 Connecticut Street.
Action: Conduct public hearing. Approve Order of Vacation for 1201 Connecticut Street, if appropriate.
3. Conduct a public hearing to consider a request for the Catalyst Incentive Program from Screen-It Graphics of Lawrence, Inc., dba Grandstand Glassware + Apparel, to assist with an expansion project at 3840 Greenway Circle in East Hills Business Park.
Action: Conduct public hearing. Adopt Resolution No. 7275, approving the project and making City findings of fact to meet State statute requirements for a property tax exemption; and adopt on first reading, Ordinance No. 9608, granting an exemption of certain property in the City of Lawrence from ad valorem taxation for economic development purposes, if appropriate.
4. Receive report on the Strategic Plan.
Action: Receive update, and direct staff as appropriate.
The City Commission will convene at 5:45 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall, 6 E. Sixth St.