Archive for Friday, December 1, 2017

Flynn pleads guilty, is cooperating in Trump campaign probe

In this Feb. 1, 2017, file photo, then-National Security Adviser Michael Flynn speaks during the daily news briefing at the White House, in Washington.

December 1, 2017, 9:06 a.m. Updated December 1, 2017, 4:19 p.m.

— Michael Flynn, the retired general who campaigned at Donald Trump's side and then served as his first national security adviser, pleaded guilty Friday to lying to the FBI about reaching out to the Russians on Trump's behalf and said members of the president's inner circle were intimately involved with — and at times directing — his contacts.

Flynn's plea to a single felony count of false statements made him the first official of the Trump White House to admit guilt so far in a wide-ranging criminal investigation by special counsel Robert Mueller.

It also establishes Flynn as a key cooperator and likely witness in the federal investigation into whether Russia and associates of the president collaborated to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election in Trump's favor.

Friday's developments don't resolve that paramount question, but they do show that Flynn lied to the FBI about multiple conversations last December with the Russian ambassador to the United States. Court papers make clear that Flynn knows the identities of members of Trump's transition team who were fully aware of his outreach to Russian officials in the weeks before the inauguration. Mueller's prosecutors indicated the officials were senior and within Trump's inner circle.

That revelation moves the Russia investigation, which has shadowed Trump throughout the year, deeper into the White House and raises questions about the accuracy of repeated assertions by the administration that Flynn had misled Vice President Mike Pence and other officials about the content of his calls with the ambassador, Sergey Kislyak.

Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner had led a transition team effort to defeat a United Nations vote referenced in the court papers, according to former U.S. officials and foreign diplomats.

Though prosecutors also had investigated Flynn lobbying work on behalf of the Turkish government, the fact that he pleaded guilty to just one count, and faces a guideline range of zero to 6 months in prison, suggest that prosecutors see him as a valuable tool in their investigation and are granting a degree of leniency in exchange for cooperation.

White House lawyer Ty Cobb sought to distance the plea from Trump himself, saying: "Nothing about the guilty plea or the charge implicates anyone other than Mr. Flynn."

Flynn, the longtime soldier, stood quietly during his plea hearing except to answer brief questions from the judge. He accepted responsibility for his actions in a written statement, though he said he had also been subjected to false accusations. He said, "My guilty plea and agreement to cooperate with the Special Counsel's Office reflect a decision I made in the best interests of my family and of our country."

The Russia investigation has persistently followed Trump the first year of his presidency, angering the president and repeatedly distracting from his agenda. Flynn's plea came as Republican senators labored to pass a far-reaching tax bill, which would be a significant victory for Trump.

On Friday, the president ignored reporters' shouted questions as he welcomed the Libyan prime minister to the White House, and aides canceled media access to a later meeting between the two. He did appear briefly at an afternoon White House holiday reception for the media, where he offered season's greetings and departed without addressing the Mueller investigation.

Early on in his administration, Trump had taken a particular interest in the status of the Flynn investigation. Former FBI Director James Comey, whose firing in May precipitated the appointment of Mueller as special counsel, has said Trump asked him in a private Oval Office meeting to consider ending the investigation into Flynn. Comey has said he found the encounter so shocking that he prepared an internal memo about it.

A former Defense Intelligence Agency chief, Flynn was a vocal Trump surrogate during the campaign and was known for leading crowds in "Lock her up" chants regarding Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server.

Flynn was interviewed by the FBI days after Trump's inauguration.

He was forced to resign following news reports indicating that the Trump White House had been warned by Obama administration officials that he had discussed sanctions with Kislyak and was therefore compromised and potentially vulnerable to blackmail.

White House officials including Pence, who had declared publicly that Flynn never discussed sanctions, said they had been misled.

The court case Friday concerns a series of conversations that Flynn had with Kislyak during the transition period between the November election and the Jan. 20 inauguration.

Prosecutors say Flynn on Dec. 29 spoke with an unnamed senior transition team official about what, if anything, to say about sanctions that had been imposed on Russia one day earlier by the Obama administration in retaliation for election interference. Flynn then requested the Russian ambassador "not escalate the situation" and respond "in a reciprocal manner," a conversation that prosecutors say he then reported to transition team members.

If the Trump transition made secret back-door assurances to Russian diplomats, that could potentially run afoul of the Logan Act, a 1799 law that bars private American citizens from attempting to intervene in "disputes or controversies" between the United States and foreign powers without government approval.

Another conversation with Kislyak occurred one week earlier after a "very senior member" of the presidential transition team directed Flynn to contact foreign government officials, including from Russia, about a U.N. Security Council resolution regarding Israeli settlements.

In a striking rupture with past practice, the Obama administration refrained from vetoing the condemnation of the settlement expansion, opting instead to abstain. The rest of the 15-nation council, including Russia, voted unanimously against Israel. At the time, Israel was lobbying furiously against the resolution and the Trump team spoke up on behalf of the Jewish state.

Former U.S. officials and foreign diplomats said Kushner led the effort to defeat that U.N. vote.

During his conversation with Kislyak, prosecutors say, Flynn requested that Russia vote against or delay the resolution, though he admitted in his plea deal that he later lied to the FBI by saying he had not made that request.

Mueller's team announced charges in October against three other Trump campaign officials, former chairman Paul Manafort and his business associate Rick Gates, and a former campaign foreign policy adviser, George Papadopoulos. Papadopoulos pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his own foreign contacts.

Comments

Daniel Kennamore 1 week, 3 days ago

If he's flipped he's giving Mueller all he needs for the next round of indictments.

My bets are Kushner & Donny Jr. are next.

I wonder if Trump is going to be able to best the previous record for republican administration convictions set by Nixon:

Paul Youk 1 week, 3 days ago

This is perhaps the most significant development yet; for Flynn to be able to plea guilty to this lesser charge, it means he had inculpatory evidence against either several people at the same level--of which there are few people that fit this bill--or against people higher up in the administration than him, i.e., Trump and/or Pence.

You don't let people plea out to lesser charges to catch a smaller fish. This will go down as a historic development. #LockHimUp

Daniel Kennamore 1 week, 3 days ago

Yup, deals like this only get made when they have dirt on people higher than themselves.

In the Flynn's case, that's only the VP and POTUS.

And the news just broke Flynn will testify that Trump ordered him to make contact with the Russians.

Looking very likely Paul Ryan is going to be president before Spring.

None by ABC News

Dorothy Hoyt-Reed 1 week, 3 days ago

Part of me doesn't want to get rid of Trump now. If they pass this tax bill, you know the same thing is going to happen that happened in the 80's and in Kansas, and other states that did the same. We will be facing a recession, and I want Trump there to make sure he gets all the credit for it. Of course, we will see the middle class shrink even more. If you make $100,000/yr, are you ready to join the ranks of the poor? Why not go ahead and ask your boss now to lower your wages. Be loyal to the rich. They need that money, poor things.

Daniel Kennamore 1 week, 3 days ago

We can fix tax policy.

We can't fix the damage a Russian plant in the White House has and will continue to do every minute he holds the office.

Get him out now before he does something that can't be fixed.

Josh Berg 1 week, 3 days ago

But Dorothy, you voted for Trump in the Republican Primary last year. Maybe you should have stuck to your own party's primary instead of dabbling in ours.

Dorothy Hoyt-Reed 1 week, 3 days ago

Wow, Josh. On another post, you seemed not to know that we had a local election in November, and now you didn't know that the party I belong to had a caucus, not a primary. Look up the word. Do you even vote?

Josh Berg 1 week, 1 day ago

I knew we had a local election. Do not put words in my mouth. I was calling for action on the next election in the other post. Got to start early if you want to unseat these incumbents. And do not avoid my comment. I know you voted in the Republican Caucus.

Greg Cooper 1 week, 2 days ago

Ya know, Josh, most times when someone puts forth a lie it has some basis upon which someone might think it the truth. You don't even bother. Know the facts before you lie about them, bub. At least you'd have something to hang your lie on. This is just, well, nothing but a lie.

But, then, you guys don't have much respect for the truth anyway. Chump's base, all over again.

Josh Berg 1 week, 1 day ago

How do you know what I said was a lie? Did you work the Caucus on the Republican side? Do you have access to the same data I do?

Greg Cooper 1 week, 1 day ago

Because there was no R or D primary in Kansas, so Dorothy could not have "voted" in ANY Kansas primary. Too, you know! From her posts, how likely it is she voted for Chump for any office, anywhere, at any time. So, why lie about it? Also, I remember some posts from her referencing the caucus she did attend. So why lie and say she "voted" for Chump?

Also, I know you lie because I've read countless posts from you that reference and repeat lies.

Anything else?

Josh Berg 1 week ago

You knew what I meant Greg. Sorry I used the word primary instead of caucus. That does not make me a liar. I assumed she voted for Trump because she was in attendance at the Republican Caucus in Lawrence. I assumed the only reason she was there was to vote for Trump. Many Dems in Lawrence switched party affiliation so as to vote for Trump in hopes that he would crash and burn thus clearing the way for Bernie or Hillary.

As far as lies, I was raised to always tell the truth. This means that everything I say has backing to it. I suppose if anything I say does turn out to be a lie then that is not my fault as I have researched it from multiple sources and I will admit that I was wrong. However, I find it completely insulting that you just assume I spray lies everywhere just for the sake of skewing the facts. I would expect a car salesman to know the difference between truth and lies but I guess I was wrong.

Greg Cooper 1 week ago

I do know the difference, Josh, and practice it, so far as I can substantiate the difference. As far as you, parroting talking points that you have picked up from particular "news" sites without corroborating backup is not telling the truth. Assuming something, without factual information, is usually not truthful. I did not say you sprayed lies everywhere, nor did I want to leave that impression. I assume you have noble motives for repeating or spreading non-factual information and I respect your intentions. But intentions will seldom lead to great decisions.

Dorothy Hoyt-Reed 1 week ago

Republicans had a primary, not a caucus. Do you even know the difference? And you just lied about me voting in the Republican "caucus". So you lied. Then you say you don't lie? Sounds like Trump has a had a bad influence on you. I would demand an apology, but since you worship Trump, I suppose you don't ever apologize, just like your narcissistic hero.

Josh Berg 1 week ago

Dorothy, I apologize. Allow me to explain. I saw a piece of data somewhere that showed your name under one of the people who voted in the Caucus last year on the Republican side. I will be a bigger person and say that I believe you and that data must have been incorrect. It was never an attempt to smear lies about you but more so just me stating what I saw with my eyes. I will also admit that I never intend to pick on one person or bully anyone here but when you generalize and call myself and a lot of friends and family "evil" because of our political views, that also hurts. There are people on both sides of the aisle who do not have peoples best interests in mind but there are also a lot on both sides who actually do care. I do not appreciate being thought of as evil because I have different views than you.

Now to respond to your post, Republicans did have a caucus and I used the wrong word when I said primary. The differences are in the rules and who pays for the event. The KS GOP paid for the caucus this year and since that was the case, it was only open to registered Republicans. Where you may be a bit confused is the caucus this past election cycle was a hybrid between a caucus and a primary. We did not lock everyone into a room and ask for votes. We had a regular polling site that was more like a primary setting but since it was open to only Republicans it was still called a caucus. Many news sources out there also will tell you that Ted Cruz won the Kansas "caucus".

Chris Bohling 1 week, 3 days ago

But where are the Bobs to tell us that this isn't a big deal and/or it's the liberals making a mountain out of a molehill and/or say something about Hillary Clinton that isn't relevant to the Trump-Russia investigation?

Richard Aronoff 1 week, 3 days ago

Some of you need to stop stroking yourselves. If Mom was right you'll go blind.

You would do well to look up the history of the Logan Act. Since its passage 216 years ago, NOBODY has ever been prosecuted.

That brings up the legal doctrine of desuetude, You don't have to look it up. I've saved you the trouble: In law, desuetude (/dɪˈsjuːɪˌtjuːd/ or /ˈdɛswɪtjuːd/; from the French: désuétude, from the Latin: desuetudo English: outdated, no longer custom) is a doctrine that causes statutes, similar legislation or legal principles to lapse and become unenforceable by a long habit of non-enforcement or lapse of time.

Joe Blackford II 1 week, 3 days ago

My Dad was Right; but, AFAIK, Mom always voted for the best candidate.

Michael Kort 1 week, 3 days ago

So if the bill of rights did not apply to black people for a long time does that me that it doesn't apply to anyone else also............shhhhh !...........don't give Trump any ideas that could propel him to his legal supreme dictatorship .

BTW....Flynn was a former DEMOCRAT until he discovered the "Trumpster Happiness" after he was removed from the Defence Intelligence Agency by the Obama Administration for generally failing to get along with others who operated with himself............would love to know what that was about ?

Bob Forer 1 week, 2 days ago

Richard, the reason the Logan Act has no teeth has nothing to do with the fact that it has never been enforced but everything to to with the fact that is is probably unconstitutional and therefore unenforceable.

Do you understand the difference?

Joe Blackford II 1 week, 3 days ago

a What's Left-of-Lenin Poster dedicated to the mind of B. Smith

a What's Left-of-Lenin Poster dedicated to the mind of B. Smith by Joe Blackford II

Bobbettes are awash on their knees in the shallow end with the wave that Trump might be closer to Russia than any Liberal. /sarchasm

Bob Summers 1 week, 3 days ago

It's obvious Flynn was an Obama plant.

That's why the Obama Flynn firing charade.

Dorothy Hoyt-Reed 1 week, 3 days ago

No, your stupid lord and master only hired Flynn, because his goal is to undo everything the Obama has ever done. Only he found out that Obama was right to fire Flynn. Obama was right about a lot of other things too, but it doesn't matter to your racist buddies, does it.

Josh Berg 1 week, 1 day ago

Hurts to lose does it not? By my count you can keep whining for 3 more years.

Gary Stussie 6 days, 18 hours ago

Don't use up all the name-calling now Dorothy .... wait until the Mueller fiasco is over and Hillary is in an Orange jump suit!

Phillip Chappuie 1 week, 3 days ago

So does this babble about desustude mean Flynn should not have plead guilty? That makes about as much sense as the Sarah Sanders defense of "it doesn't matter". I don't know about Bob or Bobette but some of those guys are probably worried a bit. Now Mueller can use that catch phrase, he went to Jared.

Steve Hicks 1 week, 3 days ago

We can expect the brain-dead and Trump-loyalists (but I repeat myself) to claim that Obama is behind it all. And "crooked Hilary" was undoubtedly involved. The "Liberals," Democrats, and "fake media" were probably right in there too.

Given time, dedicated wing-nut conspiracists will "discover" that climate-scientists, labor unions, the League of Women Voters (Kris Kobach' voter-suppression committee has determined they're communists, you know), Colin Kaepernick, the Salvation Army, and the Rosicrucians are all working together to bring Trump down.

But Trump need not worry. Vladimir Putin and Franklin Graham will always, ALWAYS, stand by him.

Justin Hoffman 1 week, 3 days ago

The 1,378th time liberals have cried “we’ve got him, we’ve got Trump!”

Josh Berg 1 week, 3 days ago

White House lawyers have stated that this does not lead to any indictments above Flynn. Sure he was a Trump nominee but this is not going to lead to the golden goose for liberals.

Dave Lee 1 week, 3 days ago

so manafort. and flynn flipping, and don jr doing "opposition research" with the russians about the magnitsky act. i mean cmon dude. but then again. your kind has fallen for "pizza gate" and "uranium one". smh.

Greg Cooper 1 week, 2 days ago

And White House lawyers are a bastion of truth and honesty when it comes to Chump and his gang, right? Wake up, Josh, and smell the Rose Garden.

And, no, it might not lead to wholesale resignations, firings and impeachment. But facts are pointing more and more to illegal or extra-legal contacts with foreign governments and representatives. That is undeniable and will lead to what it leads to. And none of that will be favorable to your guy. Or the nation, including you.

Steve Hicks 1 week, 3 days ago

Josh...Justin...can you put aside your partisan myopia long enough to glimpse, however dimly, that Trump's removal would be the best thing for America...not a "liberal" vendetta ? (hint: if you can't see "good" as anything greater than your faction's agenda, you can't see good at all.)

If not, please enlighten us how Trump's being president is GOOD for America ?

Bob Smith 1 week ago

Please enlighten us on how overthrowing a legally elected President would be GOOD for America.

Steve Hicks 6 days, 17 hours ago

Nixon leaving office was definitely GOOD for America. Even his chosen successor, from his own party, said Nixon's resignation ended "a long national nightmare."

Pay attention, BS. Think, BS.

Dave Lee 1 week, 3 days ago

lol. even the drink the kool aid trump trolls ( bob and bob ) have thrown in the towel. too funny. oh and btw trump tards. as goes kansas goes the united states. i hope the tax cuts work this time...

Gary Stussie 1 week, 2 days ago

The issue under investigation is Russian Collusion in the election. Should it come out that President-elect Trump directed members of his staff to reach out to many countries, including Russia, it would just be proof of how eager he was to start Making America Great Again ... not election collusion.

Obama's corruption of the system, the Clinton election episode, and the Mueller/Comey collusion fiasco will go down in history as the very low point of our Democracy.

Dave Lee 1 week, 2 days ago

too funny. fake news dude. try to cite a couple sources for all your nonsense. thanks in advance. But Kushner acknowledged in the statement, which came ahead of a closed-door appearance before the Senate Intelligence Committee, that he asked Russia's ambassador to the US in December whether the Trump transition team could use Russia's embassy to communicate privately with Moscow about Syria. http://www.businessinsider.com/jared-kushner-russia-back-channel-testimony-2017-7

Dave Lee 1 week, 2 days ago

The calls started flooding in from hundreds of irate North Carolina voters just after 7 a.m. on Election Day last November.

Dozens were told they were ineligible to vote and were turned away at the polls, even when they displayed current registration cards. Others were sent from one polling place to another, only to be rejected. Scores of voters were incorrectly told they had cast ballots days earlier. In one precinct, voting halted for two hours.

Susan Greenhalgh, a troubleshooter at a nonpartisan election monitoring group, was alarmed. Most of the complaints came from Durham, a blue-leaning county in a swing state. The problems involved electronic poll books — tablets and laptops, loaded with check-in software, that have increasingly replaced the thick binders of paper used to verify voters’ identities and registration status. She knew that the company that provided Durham’s software, VR Systems, had been penetrated by Russian hackers months before. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/01/us/politics/russia-election-hacking.html

Gary Stussie 1 week, 2 days ago

That Russia interjected itself, or tried to, is not in question. ABC had to walk back its reporting and The VIEW is eating crow again today after reporting that Flynn contact with Russia was before the election.

Richard Aronoff 1 week, 2 days ago

For those of you who don't watch ABC news: http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/01/media/abc-news-flynn-correction/index.html

And Dorothy, as the expert on the Bible, you might think about Proverbs 24 17-18.

The bottom line people, as much as you'd like to ignore the law is this: the fact that a president-elect asks the incoming national security advisor to contact Russia and all the other members of the UN security council to see if they would delay a vote on Israel until after January 20 is perfectly legal --- and would have been legal if it was done as a candidate. In fact, it would have been legal if Dorothy Hoyt-Reeid had don it.

Greg Cooper 1 week, 2 days ago

Ignoring the fact that no private citizen purporting to represent the interests of the United States, is allowed, UNDER EXISTING LAW, to contact any foreign agent in order to procure agreements affecting the United States. Just a little hiccup in your defense of the crooks.

Steve Hicks 6 days, 17 hours ago

All the more reason he shouldn't be making private deals with foreign nations before he takes office, isn't it ?

Marc Wilborn 1 week, 2 days ago

Or, maybe a standing AG can contact the husband and former president regarding the inquiry of his wife who is currently running for president.

Greg Cooper 1 week, 2 days ago

Not appropriate to this discussion, but none of those mentioned were contacting a foreign agent. Just a bit of factual info for you, Marc.

Gary Stussie 1 week, 2 days ago

Ross' original report sharply moved the markets! ... ABC = Fake News

"ABC's famously error-prone chief investigative correspondent, Brian Ross was at it again on Friday when the network was forced to issue an embarrassing correction when Ross botched a bombshell "exclusive" about retired general Michael Flynn.

During a live Special Report, ABC News reported that a confidant of Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn said Flynn was prepared to testify that then-candidate Donald Trump instructed him to contact Russian officials during the campaign,” the correction noted. “That source later clarified that during the campaign, Trump assigned Flynn and a small circle of other senior advisers to find ways to repair relations with Russia and other hot spots. It was shortly AFTER the election, that President-elect Trump directed Flynn to contact Russian officials on topics that included working jointly against ISIS.”

Sounds like a go-getter President Elect to me. Lighten up ... you have 7 more years of President Trump ... going to make yourselves sick!

Harlan Hobbs 1 week, 1 day ago

Once again, the liberals and ABC News have egg on their faces.

ABC makes a false news story, and the stock market goes down 300 points. Then, later the story is revised, and the markets recover. However, how many people were damaged by this left wing propaganda?

Then, ABC suspends the reporter, Brian Ross (who has a history of false reporting) for four weeks without pay, and we are just supposed to say, "Oh well."

Also, can't wait to see what Joy Behar has to say tomorrow after her near orgasm on Friday claiming that the news story proved collusion with the Russians. She is just a nut like most on the left.

The so called main stream press makes Pravda look like a trusty news source!

Dorothy Hoyt-Reed 1 week ago

Well, at least the punish their reporters who don't double check their facts. Fox gives them a raise and only publish a retraction after they are threatened.

Michael Kort 1 week, 1 day ago

You have to assume that when a tweet is made in Donald Trumps Sr. Twitter account, such as to say, that he fired Michael Flynn for lying to Mike Pence and to the FBI, that it must be the LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD sounding off.........but how would Trump know that Flynn had LIED to the FBI ? ? ?........and have not informed the FBI about Flynns lies ?........but he recently appeared to have tweeted this basic statement, to the whole free and other listening world ?

Not to worry ?........it is just the "fake media" reporting on a Tweet, on The Trumpsters private account, that was supposed to have been made by one of his deer in the headlights lawyers ?.............or so the lawyer claims that he........not Donald Trump........made that tweet ?.......RIGHT ?

Yea, Trump accidentally left his phone laying around and.........somehow, ..........I can't see a blank to fill it in,.......to explaine this happening ?

So, who else Tweets in place of Trump, on Trumps own personal Twitter account ?........Putin ? ......Steve bannon ?........Barach Obama ?.........HILLARY and BILL ?

So, in the future are we going to see more ridiculous or self incriminating tweets made by "spies from North Korea" or "from those little green people who live under the stairs" ?

I think that the senate should call that lawyer in for a hearing and get that lawyer to repeat that claim that he tweeted that tweet on Trumps Private account, under oath .

His tweets are so stupid that Republican Senator Linsay Graham told him publicly today ( in the "fake news" ) that he better stay off Twitter before he manages to indict himself !

Trump lies so fast and so furiously that he can't keep his lies straight !

Steve Hicks 6 days, 17 hours ago

Since his lawyer has outted the fact that other people use Trump's twitter account, I may as well come clean.

It wasn't Hilary...Putin's hackers..."fake media." It was me.

I sent out all those stupid, vicious, arrogant tweets from the president's account. I was the one trying to make our brilliant, honest, patriotic leader look like a treasonous fool.

I'm willing to cooperate with investigators, and clear the president's name.

Richard Aronoff 1 week ago

Most legal scholars believe the Logan Act would be unconstitutional if challenged. That's because it bumps up against a little thing called the First Amendment.

Flynn plead guilty to a process crime. Look up what that means. I'm tired of doing homework for massively stupid people.

Gary Stussie 6 days, 18 hours ago

When ABC's Brain Ross announced his fake news Joy Behar said on the VIEW “Yay. He goes to jail! He goes to jail! He goes to jail! Lock him up!” ...Behar declared, “It’s a happy day, come on. If he is going to be taken down for what he did and this country can start to heal, and parties can work together..."

"parties can work together" just like they did under Obama?

You liberals should be so proud!

Steve Hicks 6 days, 17 hours ago

Fact-check, Gary. It wasn't "liberals" who publicly announced during Obama's term that they would block everything the "other side" tried to do, and did so.

Check your calendar, Gary: you may be overdue for that optometrist's appointment.

Michael Kort 6 days, 4 hours ago

STAY TUNED, BOYS AND GIRLS, FOR ANOTHER EXCITING IMAGINARY EPISODE OF " whose got the Donald's phone ......and is Tweeting stuff that can incriminate him and get him impeached ? " .

So, who is going to be next to get ahold of trump's ( Uh-Hummm, Uh-Hummm ) Twitter account ?............and does his phone contain the nuclear codes ? ? ? or other sensitive phone numbers that should be held more securely ( as if this whole story about the lawyer making that Tweet isn't just a real piece of work ? ? ? ) .

Is trump's lawyer a government employee ? or does he have the adequate security clearances to be handling Trump's presidential phone ?

Just another situation for The Donald ........in need of the next lie,.....to explain away !

Gary Stussie 4 days, 14 hours ago

I suspect that the DNC and Democrats at large are going to regret initiating the Trump-Russia Collusion witch hunt. As it unfolds, it is becoming increasingly clear (to anyone who is open minded enough to listen) how politicized the Executive Branch of our government had become under the Obama Administration. If the Comey-Mueller-dossier mess does not cause you concern, your affiliations have blinded you.

Watch FOX or One America News (just once or twice) ... or watch the actual Congress Investigation coverage ... then ask yourselves why I am not seeing this stuff on ABC, CNN, CBS .... or any of the liberal rags that Richard cites.

Time will tell, but I'm betting CNN’s Amanda Carpenter was right on when she said “Who thought Obama’s legacy would be the destruction of the Democratic Party,”

Probably ought to figure out how to work with the Republican party because (as Fred endlessly points out) as the lefties and voting illegals become concentrated in coastal states they will typically only be able to count on 30 Senators and will draw the short straw in the Electoral College every time.

Let's help President Trump Make America Great Again!

Steve Hicks 3 days, 22 hours ago

The "voting illegals," Gary ?

Kansas' Secretary of State Kris Kobach has had unique-in-America law-enforcement powers (and more of our money) for several years to catch those "voting illegals," hasn't he ? And he's built his political career on exactly that "issue," hasn't he ?

How many illegal voters has Kobach caught ? I think it was 10, last time I looked. As I recall, 1 was a naturalized U.S. citizen, and all the others were elderly white Republicans. Makes you wonder why Kobach was picked to spearhead the Trump effort against the (alleged) three to five million "voting illegals" who (allegedly) all vote Democratic.

Where are these "voting illegals" you and Kris Kobach and Trump claim are ruining America ?

In your view, is Kobach' inability to catch any of the tens of thousands of "voting illegals" (he says) there are in Kansas proof that he's grossly incompetent ?

The only other possibility is that he's a huge liar about how massive the "voting illegal" problem is. And in that case, Trump's an even greater liar about it, on a national scale.

When you find yourself in company with, and in agreement with, two great liars, Gary, maybe you should re-check your thinking.

Gary Stussie 3 days, 15 hours ago

“In the letter, Judicial Watch noted that public records obtained on the Election Assistance Commission’s 2016 Election Administration Voting Survey and through verbal accounts from various county agencies show 11 California counties have more registered voters than voting-age citizens: Imperial (102%), Lassen (102%), Los Angeles (112%), Monterey (104%), San Diego (138%), San Francisco (114%), San Mateo (111%), Santa Cruz (109%), Solano (111%), Stanislaus (102%), and Yolo (110%).

In the letter, Judicial Watch noted that Los Angeles County officials “informed us that the total number of registered voters now stands at a number that is a whopping 144% of the total number of resident citizens of voting age.”