Archive for Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Lawrence police investigating Tuesday robbery of pizza delivery driver

September 25, 2013

Lawrence police are searching for a suspect in a Tuesday evening robbery of a pizza delivery driver.

A 21-year-old Pizza Hut driver arrived at an unoccupied building under renovation in the 2200 block of West 26th St. just before 9 p.m. After the driver took a few steps down a staircase, the suspect emerged with a handgun and demanded the driver’s cash, said Kim Murphree, a Lawrence Police Department spokeswoman.

The suspect fled the scene with the victim’s cash and the pizza.

Police say the driver described the suspect as a light-skinned black male in his late 20s or early 30s, between 6 feet 4 inches and 6 feet 5 inches tall, with an average build and a mustache He was last seen wearing a light gray hooded sweatshirt and baggy, bleached blue jeans. The driver was not injured during the robbery and police are still investigating the incident.

Comments

stevieboy 6 months, 3 weeks ago

Where is George Zimmerman when you need him...

patkindle 6 months, 3 weeks ago

since the hoodie guy had a gun, I suspect he was not supportive of the efforts of the crowds like the NRA that endorse people owning guns to protect themselves from robbers

LJ Whirled 6 months, 3 weeks ago

Sounds kind of like a 2-guard gone wrong ... Dude! There's always D-2!

Richard Ballard 6 months, 3 weeks ago

'You would kill over a pizza and a few bucks?'

You betcha!

If a thug confronted me with a handgun to rob me?

Only one of us is walking away!

And hopefully, it will be me and not him.

rc

patkindle 6 months, 3 weeks ago

it sounds like some dirt bag in a hoodie was ready to do just that

Lathrup 6 months, 3 weeks ago

You would kill over a pizza and a few bucks?

Bob Forer 6 months, 3 weeks ago

One of these days, a thug will make the mistake of going after a delivery driver with a conceal and carry permit.

lucyjj 6 months, 3 weeks ago

I was robbed on a pizza delivery at a house on New Jersey St. in the 70s. It was a vacant house and the porch was dark. I knolcked on the door and then was pulled into the house and knocked around before they took my delivery wallet and my personal wallet. I had delivered pizzas for a couple of years with no incidents - with some of the places being pretty dark (curtains can be closed making a house look dark - many people forget to turn on a porch light). After my experience, I told my boss that I would not deliver if I could not tell immediately from the street that the address was occupied. Today with cell phones, that should be standard practice.

blindrabbit 6 months, 3 weeks ago

Tear down that entire area from Alabama west to Iowa between 23rd an 27th. Too much no good going on over there!

patkindle 6 months, 3 weeks ago

could be a young man just trying to put food on his familys table or just another doper looking for some easy money,

50YearResident 6 months, 3 weeks ago

I would think a vacant building would raise a red flag for a pizza delivery man, Gee, I wonder where all the people are..........and no lights on?

ddhawkfan 6 months, 3 weeks ago

Too bad pizza delivery guys don't conceal carry... problem would have been solved and tax dollars not wasted searching for and prosecuting this individual.

-the other wing ;)

Bob Forer 6 months, 3 weeks ago

Too bad they don't have exploding dye packs for pizzas delivery guys like they do at banks.