Archive for Sunday, September 8, 2013

Lied Center to host The Price is Right Live!

September 8, 2013

The Lied Center is inviting audiences to “come on down” and win big prizes at The Price is Right Live! on Sunday, Oct. 27 at 7 p.m.

During the interactive stage show, audience members will be selected as contestants to play familiar games from the television show like “Plinko” and “Cliffhangers” for the chance to win items from appliances to vacations and new cars.

Tickets for The Price is Right Live! will be available starting at 11 a.m. Monday at the Lied Center Box Office, online at www.lied.ku.edu or by phone at (785) 864-2787.

Comments

del888 1 year, 3 months ago

Is this the actual 'The Price is Right' TV show, or is this a stage show / play? Can't really tell by the article?

tanaumaga 1 year, 3 months ago

yeah, it's an interactive play where you can also have the chance to win prizes.sarcasm

fearthephog512 1 year, 3 months ago

Its site say it's "a touring version of the studio show" — so it doesn't sound like it. http://priceisrightlive.com/

shorttrees 1 year, 3 months ago

I was going to do this earlier this spring while we were in Branson, am so glad I didn't waste my time or money! Luckily I spoke with a woman whose mother had done the Live version in another city and had been VERY disappointed. Saved my $46 for the ticket.

This is very little like the TV show. Tickets do not assure a chance at going onstage, you have to show up several hours early to register for that in addition to buying the ticket. Those who do get called have one chance usually, for cheaper prizes than are shown on TV. The Big Wheel tops out at $250, AFTER you pay an additional $20 for a chance to spin.

Don't believe me, do an online search for the reviews--very few satisfied people. Sure hope the Lieds Center gets a major cut, otherwise this event is just a fleecing of the locals in whatever cities it happens to land.

patkindle 1 year, 3 months ago

sounds like a great way to fleece the blue collar crowd, next week it is wheel of fortune woo woo

thepianoman 1 year, 3 months ago

This is rediculous. Frankly, I'm shocked the Lied Center is bringing this to town! They have a reputation of bringing in top-notch entertainment...why this? This doesn't fit the Lied. What a waste of time, money and resources. It seems white trashy of the Lied....

Dan Rose 1 year, 3 months ago

I went to the PiR stage show in Branson over Memorial Weekend when Jerry Springer was the host - got to go up on stage - it was a blast! I'm assuming this is the same traveling stage show that is hitting the casinos north of Topeka; they're probably just making it a public attraction while it travels around.

FYI

Paula Kissinger 1 year, 3 months ago

I don't see it on their list...I do see they are coming to Manhattan though....

4chewnut 1 year, 3 months ago

I don't think it is a Lied Center event. A rental.