• The final phase of the city’s railroad track removal project will occur in the alley in the 600 block of Vermont and Massachusetts streets, but the city doesn’t expect there to be any road closures at that time. Instead, members of the Public Works Department will coordinate alley closures with surrounding businesses. The project is expected to be completed by Nov. 8.
• Traffic has been moved to the newly constructed pavement on the west side of Iowa Street to allow for reconstruction of the original pavement on the east side of the roadway. Traffic will still only have one lane in each direction, but this shift signals the start of the next phase of the Iowa Street reconstruction project. The city will shift traffic after rush hour on Thursday. The project is on schedule to be completed in late November.
• Through traffic has been opened on Wakarusa Drive. Lane closures to the outside lanes will remain while construction occurs on Oread West Drive and the sidewalks on the east and west sides of Wakarusa Drive.
• City maintenance crews will continue pavement patching on Kasold, from Harvard to Bob Billings, starting Monday. There will be signed, single-lane closures during work hours, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Because of the renovation and expansion of the Lawrence Public Library, there are intermittent closures of the street in the 700 block of Vermont or Kentucky when crews need to unload materials for construction.