Archive for Monday, May 6, 2013

Woman killed after falling out of party bus

May 6, 2013

— A 26-year-old Kansas City, Kan., woman died Saturday after falling out of a party bus on Interstate 35 and being struck by three other vehicles.

The Kansas City Star reported that the victim was identified as Jamie N. Frecks. The Kansas Highway Patrol says she fell out of the emergency door of the party bus around 9:50 p.m. Saturday as it was northbound near the Southwest Boulevard exit in Kansas City, Kan.

Frecks was one of 16 passengers on the bus. The Highway Patrol says two of the vehicles that struck her after she fell out did not stop.

Nobody else on the bus was injured.

The crash report didn’t identify the company that operates the bus, which was driven by a 49-year-old Basehor woman.

Comments

bearded_gnome 11 months, 2 weeks ago

what a dreadful way to die. the terror she must've felt

death certainly comes suddenly without our expectation or invitation. and now she has a child and family left to mourn.

Christine Anderson 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Senseless and tragic. I guess the only safe way to drink and/or party is to stay put in one's home.

catfishturkeyhunter 11 months, 2 weeks ago

I heard this on Johnny Dare this morning. This lady just had a child about a month or so ago and was engaged to get married soon. It sucks because they were all trying to have a good time and doing it the safe way by hiring someone to drive. Have to wonder if the door was not faulty or not.

tomatogrower 11 months, 2 weeks ago

One time I was driving along a road in broad daylight and I heard a thump. I started to pull over, but my friend in the passenger seat just gave me a weird look and said "A rabbit just committed suicide on the side of your car." I didn't see anything, just heard a funny thump. I know a human is bigger, but in the dark, maybe the people just thought they had hit one of those big pieces of rubber, the big rigs throw off.

That being said, what a horrible accident. I hope her family and friends will be ok.

verity 11 months, 2 weeks ago

It doesn't say they ran over her, just that they hit her. It would have been dark and they may not have known what they hit or been able to slow down and pull off the freeway quickly and safely. There's obviously a lot more to this story than we know now---just a really terrible thing to have happened for everybody involved.

ksjayhawk74 11 months, 2 weeks ago

I can only guess that the victim was hit by 3 cars because it happened so fast, before anyone could stop. I don't think the other drivers hit the girl and just kept going.

MacHeath 11 months, 2 weeks ago

I am pretty sure that consumer1 was referring to the drivers of the cars...

What an awful accident for all involved! Condolences to family and friends!

The only reason I can figure that some drivers didn't stop is because they had been drinking. I would have been so freaked out, I would have had to stop.

consumer1 11 months, 2 weeks ago

This is aweful, I am so sorry all those who were involved, especially the cars that hit her. So sad.

Number_1_Grandma 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Party buses are dangerous. I'm sure plenty of drinking went on. Just wondering how much alcohol was in her system that may have contributed to this tragedy.

So sad for the two month old without a mother now because of the accident.