Archive for Thursday, June 6, 2013

Red Dog’s Dog Days announces change to workout schedule

June 6, 2013

Red Dog’s Dog Days morning workouts will be moved from South Park to Kansas University beginning Monday, except for Wednesday morning workouts.

Monday, Tuesday and Thursday morning workouts will be inside KU's Memorial Stadium at 6 a.m., but Wednesday morning sessions and all afternoon sessions at 6 p.m. will continue to be in South Park.

Red Dog’s Dog Days workouts are free and open to the public.

Comments

swampyankee 10 months, 2 weeks ago

I did not know Red Dog was still available but I remember drinking it a long time ago.

James Minor 10 months, 2 weeks ago

The city should consider a road named after them. The health benefits and dedication they have given to Lawrence can not be measured. The exercise program and the runs are great. When I talk about 'Red Dog Days" to people in other cities they can't believe it. Luckily, there is a website for them to read, if not they would think I was lying. Red Dog, Bev and your staff --- Thanks for your kindness!

none2 10 months, 2 weeks ago

I've been out of it for a while months. Is this the first year they have had it at South Park? The last few years seem like the mornings were at the stadium, and evenings to the east of Robinson. I have to admit I'll miss having the ones near Robinson as we would run on campus, or the shaded neighborhoods, or even use the track at LMH.

I agree that Red Dog and Bev are a real treasure. If they ever do a loop road completely around Lawrence, they should name it after them as they have contributed so much to the entire area and for so long. Only such an all encompassing road would do their contribution justice.

myop 10 months, 2 weeks ago

I would like to thank the City of Lawrence and the Parks and Rec Department for being such great partners for Dog Days. South Park is an excellent location for our workouts. What a treasure Red Dog and Bev Gardner are to this community.

consumer1 10 months, 2 weeks ago

You know, "Red dog", Don, is getting up there in age. I wonder who will step up to replace him when he decides to retire, again. I hope KU doesn't try a power take over. Because then it would be a paid program and would lose it's appeal.

seventeen 10 months, 2 weeks ago

I think Wednesday morning workouts will still be at KU, but outside of the stadium. At least that's what I had understood from the announcement Monday evening.

Robert Rauktis 10 months, 2 weeks ago

More valuable then a million dollars of health care initiatives, not to mention studies. And unlike yet another bad art fair, it's free.