Archive for Thursday, June 6, 2013

Red Dog’s Dog Days announces change to workout schedule

June 6, 2013

Red Dog’s Dog Days morning workouts will be moved from South Park to Kansas University beginning Monday, except for Wednesday morning workouts.

Monday, Tuesday and Thursday morning workouts will be inside KU's Memorial Stadium at 6 a.m., but Wednesday morning sessions and all afternoon sessions at 6 p.m. will continue to be in South Park.

Red Dog’s Dog Days workouts are free and open to the public.

Comments

Robert Rauktis 1 year, 6 months ago

More valuable then a million dollars of health care initiatives, not to mention studies. And unlike yet another bad art fair, it's free.

Elizabeth Halsey 1 year, 6 months ago

I think Wednesday morning workouts will still be at KU, but outside of the stadium. At least that's what I had understood from the announcement Monday evening.

Ralph Gage 1 year, 6 months ago

No, the Wednesday morning workout will not be outside the stadium. That has changed and this article accurately states the most recent plan for the workouts.

windjammer 1 year, 6 months ago

Red dog is getting up in age and everyone needs to keep a eye on the little man when it gets hot.

myop 1 year, 6 months ago

I would like to thank the City of Lawrence and the Parks and Rec Department for being such great partners for Dog Days. South Park is an excellent location for our workouts. What a treasure Red Dog and Bev Gardner are to this community.

James Minor 1 year, 6 months ago

The city should consider a road named after them. The health benefits and dedication they have given to Lawrence can not be measured. The exercise program and the runs are great. When I talk about 'Red Dog Days" to people in other cities they can't believe it. Luckily, there is a website for them to read, if not they would think I was lying. Red Dog, Bev and your staff --- Thanks for your kindness!

Eugehne Normandin 1 year, 6 months ago

I did not know Red Dog was still available but I remember drinking it a long time ago.