Business

Business

KU Credit Union changes name to Truity Credit Union

July 28, 2013

KU Credit Union announced today that it will rename itself Truity Credit Union.

President and CEO Kelly Diven said the new name “Truity,” a combination of “trust” and “integrity,” will appeal to a broader audience and position the credit union for future growth.

“We are proud of our rich tradition and history with the University of Kansas,” Diven said. “However, Truity Credit Union will help convey that we serve not only this employee group, but others as well.”

The credit union said the change is in name only and it has not been bought or acquired by an outside company.

Comments

bearded_gnome 8 months, 3 weeks ago

---got that same letter some weeks ago. "truity" is a truly/truity silly name! did they just input some words into a PC and wait to see what it belched forth? that's how they got "Truity?"

I understand the need to have all the KUCU/66federal unions to go under one name. but butchering the English language is not how to do it.

I have had my account(s) with KUCU for decades and been very happy with their integrity, caring staff members.

putting up a plastic-banana name on it actually insults us members and those good staffers IMHO.

DanR 8 months, 3 weeks ago

Truity fruity. I doubt this name change is going to increase membership. Part of the appeal of a credit union is the community connection, and a contrived word doesn't represent anything local at all.

On the other hand, I was a tad surprised and disappointed to learn when opening my account at KUCU that it was actually headquartered in Oklahoma... and my money was mixed in with that of OU Sooner and Arkansas Razorback fans.

Brian Rumsey 8 months, 3 weeks ago

Several years ago, the University of Iowa Community Credit Union decided to change its name to a similar, made-up, modern-sounding word ("Optiva"). After an uprising from credit union members who liked their credit union to reflect the community they live in, the name change was scrapped, and it remains UICCU to this day.

toe 8 months, 3 weeks ago

Sure beats Capitol Federal.

oakfarm 8 months, 3 weeks ago

Why not put together "stupendous" and "integrity". Even that could not be a more brand aware-less name than "Truity." Sounds like my old girlfriend's last name and I will speak nothing ill of her truthfulness or integrity.

Beer Guy 8 months, 3 weeks ago

When have "trust" and "integrity" ever been associated with the financial system?

gccs14r 8 months, 3 weeks ago

If you have to explain the name...

Kirk Larson 8 months, 3 weeks ago

I have an account there and got a letter informing me of the name change. Sounds a bit like "truthiness".

supportive 8 months, 3 weeks ago

Credit Unions are owned by their members, therefore they cannot be "bought" out. They simply changed their name.

Steve Jacob 8 months, 3 weeks ago

You don't drop the KU for no reason. They will be bought out, merged, or expanding by the end of the year.