City construction projects are now mapped at lawks.us/construction-map.
• The city of Lawrence will be sealing street cracks in the neighborhoods east and west of Monterey Way, north of Sixth Street. Lanes may be closed temporarily during working hours.
• KDOT crews continue to perform work on the 23rd Street Bridge between Haskell and Barker, utility work and removal of the shooflys. Two lanes of traffic are available in each direction.
• Street concrete will be reworked this week on Nicklaus Drive, Palmer Drive and Hogan Drive, east of Inverness Drive. Through traffic will generally be maintained, but there may be street closures.
• Belle Haven Drive, from West 25th to West 27th streets, will be closed to through traffic, and there will be no parking from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The utility department will be installing a water main.
• The west entrance of the Ninth and New Hampshire parking garage will be closed to traffic until Feb. 1 for concrete repair. Alternate entrances and exits are available from New Hampshire Street.
• Geometric improvements to the intersection of 23rd Street and O’Connell Road to accommodate turn lanes and a new traffic signal will begin Wednesday. Intersection work will be completed by March 29, but the signalization will not be completed until June. Traffic on Kansas Highway 10/23rd Street will be reduced to one lane periodically (east and west), and the speed limit in the work zone will be set at 45 mph.