Archive for Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Knology customers report outages in west Lawrence

January 23, 2013

Knology customers in west Lawrence are reporting phone and Internet service outages.

A Knology representative said the outage is affecting areas surrounding Bob Billings Parkway and Wakarusa Drive. He said a technician was currently on scene attempting to fix the problem, which began about 5 p.m.

The representative believed the problem would likely be fixed in the next hour.

Comments

Rachael Sudlow 1 year, 10 months ago

why does anyone use them anymore? overpriced & terrible service

itsalwayssunnyinlarry 1 year, 10 months ago

Aren't a lot of cable options in Lawrence. Plus choosing between at&t and knology for internet is like picking your favorite evil.

Christine Anderson 1 year, 10 months ago

Considering it's Knology, how did anyone know the service wasn't working?

Kaw Pickinton 1 year, 10 months ago

I have a load balancing router running with Knology Gold and AT&T DSL Elite. One of them is down half the time and slow, the other is from Knology....

Liberty275 1 year, 10 months ago

This would be a good time to insult west lawrencians while they can't defend themselves.

Zach_Davis 1 year, 10 months ago

I've had problems myself in the Oread Neighborhood, had a tech out this morning and he had no clue what was wrong. I see Knoligy as the lesser of the two evils and better tech than UVerse (had it before and was 1100 ft from the VRAD and had an outage more than it worked) but would never get phone or tv through either but where I am at we can only get DSL and phone with Uverse but I would love for some better competition to come to town say from 30 miles east. I enjoy my 50mbps connection and pay about 50 less a month for that speed than with Time Warner or Cox but much rather pay the same for something that is about 750-900mbps. Was happy with Wicked (for price only) till unannounced they raised the prices a few months back for honestly in my opinion a subpar service to begin with.

Orwell 1 year, 10 months ago

Gotta love the free market at work in the real world.

Which service provider is slightly less crappy?

See? You've got a choice!

Randy Leonard 1 year, 10 months ago

It's the lesser of 2 evils for sure. I've had the Gold Internet 50 mbps since they were still Sunflower. About 3-4 monts ago I noticed it seemed much slower so I ran a speedtest and found I was consistently getting only 20-25 mbps. After I called they sent out a tech who couldn't find anything, but the speed mysteriously went back up to 50 immediately.

grammaddy 1 year, 10 months ago

I know it won't make any difference in the service, but I thought Knology had been sold to "Wow" or something like that. I was counting on them to improve service but not holding my breath. I called Knology yesterday about the quality of the picture on the TV in our living room. The one hooked up to the DVR box. They told me I didn't have a DVR box. Funny, it has been a part of my box rental for about 6 years now. Customer service was soooo much better before they outsourced it to North Dakota or wherever.

MarcoPogo 1 year, 10 months ago

WOW owns Knology but hasn't made the big public name change yet.

newtongirl 1 year, 10 months ago

We don't get UVerse in the sticks of East Lawrence (by the cemetery) and I'm assuming we never will, so we don't have a choice of internet providers. I know nothing about Wicked and wasn't impressed with their website.

Cant_have_it_both_ways 1 year, 10 months ago

You won't be impressed with Wicked either. At least when sunflower was here, as much as I complained, I miss them.