- A 26-year-old Junction City man, Cory Mack Preston, reached a diversion agreement with prosecutors this week on a charge of aggravated assault after he was accused in February of brandishing a handgun during a dispute at the Jayhawk Motel, 1004 N. Third St. Preston, an Army specialist stationed at Fort Riley, is required to provide documentation of mental health treatment, pay court fees and fines totaling $1,363, and perform 20 hours of community service. The agreement says Preston is not to possess a firearm except as required by his duties with the U.S. Army.
- Two men arrested on Jan. 11 in a Franklin County convenience store robbery have been charged with aggravated robbery and aggravated assault in Franklin County District Court. Prosecutors accused William Pope, 31, Garnett, and Dalton Dunnagan, 22, Mound City, of robbing a Princeton convenience store. According to a release from the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, Ottawa police arrested the men after an employee at the Quik Shop, 1445 Highway 59, reported that the store had been robbed at gunpoint of $1,200. Ottawa police later stopped a vehicle on Interstate 35 that matched the suspect car and arrested three people, one of whom was later released. Pope and Dunnagan were booked into the Franklin County Jail and remain in custody on a $75,000 bond. Pope next appears in court on Jan. 23 and Dunnagan on Feb. 20.
- A 26-year-old McLouth man charged with one felony count of possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine remains in Jefferson County Jail on a $25,000 bond. Landon Stevenson was arrested by McLouth police who seized methamphetamine and a gun from his home while serving a search warrant. Stevenson, who also faces misdemeanor charges of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, next appears in court Feb. 19.
Weekend wrap-up: Douglas, Franklin and Jefferson county courts
January 18, 2013
More like this story
- Weekend wrap-up: meth, sexual assault, and child porn cases resolved in Douglas and Jefferson county courts
- Two men arrested in armed robbery of Franklin County store
- Garnett man sentenced to 10 years in Franklin County convenience store robbery
- McLouth police seize gun, methamphetamine in drug bust
- Eudora man gets 44 months in prison in Days Inn robbery case