Archive for Monday, February 11, 2013

Two Lawrence men treated for stab wounds, arrested on suspicion of aggravated battery

February 11, 2013

Two Lawrence men who were treated for stab wounds at an emergency room Monday morning have been arrested on suspicion of aggravated battery.

Oscar Parra Lule, 34, and Cesar Parra Lule, 34, were arrested after they were treated for stab wounds at Lawrence Memorial Hospital about 3:15 a.m., said Sgt. Trent McKinley, a Lawrence Police Department spokesman. Police said the two men, who are related, stabbed each other during an argument after closing time at La Parrilla, 814 Massachusetts St., where both men work.

Police took both men to Douglas County Jail, where they remained Monday. The men have been arrested but not yet charged, and bond has not yet been set.

• To view recent LJWorld crime stories, click here.

Click here to view the weekly arrest log.

Comments

Bob Forer 2 years, 2 months ago

Are they fraternal or identical twins?

Mike Wagner 2 years, 2 months ago

This is too funny! I wonder if they rode to the ER together!?

Now I nderstand why the 2 times I gave that place a chance they Failed miserably...

parrothead8 2 years, 2 months ago

It's interesting that you felt the need to add something about the possibility of them being here illegally, when nothing in the article gave that impression.

lostintranslation 2 years, 2 months ago

That would be awkward since they're relatives of the owners.

50YearResident 2 years, 2 months ago

Quote from above:

"It's interesting that you felt the need to add something about the possibility of them being here illegally, when nothing in the article gave that impression"

Well, the earlier version of this story said neither victum spoke English. I thought all Americans Citizen adults could speak English Dont' they teach English in school now?

kuhlman 2 years, 2 months ago

My best friend's parents immigrated to Chicago from El Salvador in 1980. His dad has worked at the same factory since arriving and is close to retiring, and he owns 4 rental properties in the Chicago area, not to mention owns the building his family lives in, and has four children who are born full American citizens. His mom has worked at O'Hare airport since arriving in Chicago and is also nearing retirement. They can both speak marginal English and speak Spanish a vast majority of the time because it's the language they are most familiar with and it has managed to get them by for the past 33 years. And all their kids speak fluent Spanish and English in case you were wondering. They have college degrees and productive jobs just like anyone you know, and what ignorant people like you need to realize is that more than 90% of Latin immigrants in America are like this and not like the illegal immigrant boogeyman you fear so much, and you shouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions just because someone has a Hispanic last name.

Eugehne Normandin 2 years, 2 months ago

Dear 50YearResident check your spelling of victim. If you speak English you should be able to spell also.

kservice 2 years, 2 months ago

ljreader/50yearresident: Unless you have lived under a rock since middle school, you surely have heard that the United States allows people from other countries to immigrate here through a legal process. As hard as it might be to believe, many of those LEGAL immigrants do NOT speak English.

None the less, I often frequent La Parrilla. The food is great, and I love the atmosphere.

50YearResident 2 years, 2 months ago

Well, before I went under the "rock" iimigrants had to learn the language and study American History. Things have really changed in 50 years. Looking around, I think I will be better off back under that rock.

Rae Hudspeth 2 years, 2 months ago

I know of a US citizen war veteran who does not speak English. He is Navajo and required his daughter or an interpreter to receive the VA services due him.

bearded_gnome 2 years, 2 months ago

no kidding, this was the Google ad that came up on this:

With New Campbell's® Skillet Sauces Everyone Can Make Awesome Dinners.

---I about fell outa my chair!

otto 2 years, 2 months ago

What is the food like at LaParilla? Chopped liver?