Too often, history — particularly recent history — is reduced to nostalgia and show business. So a week after “The ‘80s: The Decade That Made Us” premiered on the National Geographic Channel, I was hesitant about “All the President’s Men Revisited” (7 p.m., Discovery), hosted by Robert Redford.
The rewarding documentary just tries to tackle too much in its two-hour running time. I’m not sure if a weeklong or even a monthlong documentary miniseries could have done the subject justice.
‘‘Men” covers the sprawling Watergate scandal that held Americans spellbound and dazed for more than two years. It looks at the two reporters (Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein) who broke the story, dug into the scandal and kept it alive on the front pages of The Washington Post, as well as the 1976 movie “All the President’s Men,” which starred Redford and Dustin Hoffman, who played Woodward and Bernstein.
• If you think history has been cruel to Richard Nixon, at least he’s not the subject of a Shakespearean tragedy who was later found buried beneath a parking lot. “The King’s Skeleton: Richard III Revealed” (8 p.m. Sunday, Smithsonian) examines the search for the remains of history’s most notorious hunchback.
Sunday’s other highlights
• Scheduled on “60 Minutes” (6 p.m., CBS): the military’s use of attack dogs; looking for clues in the Boston Marathon bombings.
• Gold wants to ring Belle’s memories on “Once Upon a Time” (7 p.m., ABC).
• Alicia takes on a tech case on “The Good Wife” (8 p.m., CBS).
• Amnesia and romance mix in the 2013 weepy “Remember Sunday” (8 p.m., ABC), starring Alexis Bledel and Zachary Levi.
• “Mr. Selfridge” continues on “Masterpiece Classic” (8 p.m., PBS, check local listings).
• Arya encounters the commander of the Brotherhood on “Game of Thrones” (8 p.m., HBO).
• Gloria breaks up with Patrick on “Army Wives” (8 p.m., Lifetime).
• A pig roast proves revealing on “Veep” (9 p.m., HBO).
• A secret is hard to keep on “Mad Men” (9 p.m., AMC).
• Ragnar makes a pilgrimage to thank the gods on “Vikings” (9 p.m., History).