Archive for Saturday, April 6, 2013

Vehicle rolls over near 10th and Mississippi streets

April 6, 2013

Lawrence police investigate a vehicle rollover near the intersection of 10th and Mississippi Streets

A vehicle rollover Saturday evening near the intersection of 10th and Mississippi streets has left a woman with non-critical injuries.

Emergency crews responded around 10:15 p.m. to extricate the woman from a gray Toyota SUV.

Lawrence Police Sgt. Ted Bordman said it appeared that the vehicle was traveling north on Mississippi Street when it clipped a parked vehicle and rolled over. He said the driver was responsive and in stable condition.

Comments

webmocker 1 year ago

waywardsoul 1 day, 3 hours ago

"That's why I won't buy an import veh no matter the brand or the hype put out by Madison ave. I will stay with the well built AMERICAN MADE vehicle.....be it Ford, Chev (GM), or Chrysler...."

Search rollover, Ford, tires

Also, FACTS can be TROUBLESOME to one's BIASES. http://www.carsdirect.com/car-safety/top-4-best-rollover-rated-suvs

Liberty275 1 year ago

Besides Chevrolet (and Toyota for a day or so), one other American car company had a model named "Suburban". Who knows what that make is?

gccs14r 1 year ago

Once upon a time, a journalist would have interviewed people, taken accurate notes, and written a story. The story would then have been submitted to an editor for approval. Once approved, then research would have checked facts, style would have checked consistency, and proofreading would have checked for spelling and grammatical errors before final editorial approval to send it to typesetting. These days, the speed of publication is paramount. Errors may be fixed later.

budwhysir 1 year ago

I for one am glad that the new style of journalism coming out for the future will require all small details to be in line before an article is printed.... Can you imagine the problems if I had driven by the accident on purpose and found out the car description was wrong???? All that time wasted waiting in traffic only to find the make and model of car was wrong.

In the future articles will not be printed until all information has been reviewed. for car accidents this will include but is not limited to the make and model of the car, the drivers name age sex, as well as any pets names the person might own. Any mailmen, dog walkers, and or people walking within a five mile radius we should list these people in order by name age and what type of job they have. How many police responded, if the car involved was two toned, pin stripped, or any rust.

justcause 1 year ago

At this particular accident, my car was parked less than 6" from the curb. I know because we talked about it when we parked yesterday afternoon. Poorly parked cars were not the cause of this wreck but I am anxious to find out what was. And I am very glad the young woman is going to be okay.

buffalo63 1 year ago

hujiko must be from back eat. I didn't know that cars can stand until I watched "Parking Wars" and learned the "No Standing" signs actually means "No Parking". However, he/she has a point about how some people "stand" their cars along some streets!

hujiko 1 year ago

"when it clipped a parked vehicle and rolled over"

This isn't surprising. Motorists routinely park too far from the curb in this particular area, which causes northbound traffic to have to cross the centerline on a regular basis. Perhaps the city should begin ticketing those who do not adequately clear the roadway when standing.

Glad to hear this instance wasn't very serious.

Silly_me 1 year ago

Well, that explains that..I was doing some computer upgrade work for a business near 9th and Mississippi and I heard all the commotion. Glad to hear the driver will be OK.

Dixie Jones 1 year ago

Oh heavens yes ! Because by this being a RAV makes the story entirely different, Whew now it all makes perfect sense. Do you not realize that the LJW only reports what they receive from the PD..

gccs14r 1 year ago

"Emergency crews responded around 10:15 p.m. to extricate the woman from a gray Toyota suburban."

I think that's a RAV4. A "Suburban" is a large vehicle sold by General Motors as a Chevrolet.