City construction projects are now mapped at http://lawks.us/construction-map.
•Traffic heading in both directions on the 23rd Street bridge near Haskell Avenue will be redirected as crews work to rebuild the bridge. Two lanes are now available in each direction, but speed limits are reduced on the detours. Completion: November 2012.
• The Kansas River levee is closed for construction of Bowersock Mills and Power Co.’s new plant on the north bank. Users will be detoured to city streets crossing at the controlled intersection of North Second and Locust streets. Completion: late 2012.
• Crews are patching asphalt in neighborhoods around the Wakarusa Drive, Harvard Road, Monterey Way and Inverness Drive area. Through traffic should be maintained. Completion: spring 2013
Kansas Highway 10
• The Kansas Department of Transportation is resurfacing an 8.43-mile section of K-10 from the I-70/Kansas Turnpike Lecompton interchange south to the US-59 interchange in Lawrence. Drivers should expect delays. The speed limit during working hours is 55 miles per hour. More information can be found at ksdot.org/topekametro/laneclose.asp. Completion: November 2012.
East 1900 Road
• County Road 1057/East 1900 Road is closed between the Kansas Highway 10 interchange and County Road 458/North 1000 Road. A marked detour is provided. Completion: November 2012.
U.S. Highway 59
• North 200 Road is closed at U.S. Highway 59 for frontage road construction work. Completion: late 2012.