From the Lawrence Daily Journal-World for Sept. 28, 1912:
- "The Douglas County people came in today for the closing of the Fair at Woodland Park and there was every indication this afternoon that the crowd would establish a record for the fair week. The people from the country began to arrive early this morning and soon made their way to the fair grounds.... The auto races added greatly to the attraction this afternoon and country people came in to see the speed events as well as the displays of country products."
- "Preparations for protecting the people of Lawrence and all the other districts in the state from impure and injurious drugs were made here today in a consultation between Dean L. E. Sayre of the University of Kansas School of Pharmacy and Frank E. Rowland, state drug inspector. All drug stores in the state will be visited and samples of medicine sent to the University food and drug laboratory for analysis. Should the drugs be found impure arrangements will be made to have them taken off sale."
- "Governor Woodrow Wilson, Democratic candidate for President, will make a trip through Kansas on Tuesday, October 8. He will spend only part of one day in the state.... President Taft, in a prepared interview issued tonight, declared that his recent claims of strength were entitled to respect. He repeated that he believed he would be elected, and gave his reasons for denying that he had ever been over-sanguine. He analyzed the political situation as he saw it, maintaining that the regular Republicans would carry the solid east, and hold enough of the central and western states to win."
- "A general clean up for all of Kansas was announced yesterday by Governor Stubbs for October 9. On this day the governor asks that everyone clean out their cellars, rake up the leaves and clean up the summer accumulation of trash in the alley and burn or have it hauled away. A year ago the governor asked for a clean up day, not from any civic appearance idea, but as a matter of fire prevention."
- [Advertisement] "The Texas Wonder cures kidney and bladder troubles, dislocates gravel, cures diabetes, weak and lame backs, rheumatism, and all irregularities of the kidneys and bladder in both men and women. Regulates bladder troubles in children. One small bottle is two months' treatment and seldom fails to perfect a cure."