Archive for Thursday, September 27, 2012

Phone, internet service restored to Lawrence school district buildings

September 27, 2012, 9:32 a.m. Updated September 27, 2012, 11:21 a.m.

Lawrence school officials are reporting that a disruption of phone and internet service they had Thursday morning has been solved.

Julie Boyle, school district communications director, said the problem rested with Knology, the district's service provider. Buildings affected, she said, were: Lawrence High, Southwest Middle School, Centennial Adult Education Center, East Heights, which is rented by the Boys and Girls Club of Lawrence; Kennedy, Prairie Park, Schwegler and Sunflower.

Here's our 9:30 a.m. report:

Lawrence school officials are reporting that the district is experiencing widespread phone and computer service outages this morning.

"We believe it may be as a result of an issue with Knology service," said Julie Boyle, school district communications director.

She said in an email that the school district office has service.

She said patrons who are unable to reach a school and who has an emergency need to relay a message can call the district office at 832-5000.

Comments

bmoody51 2 years, 2 months ago

When will WOW take over operations of the system and get Knology, a fourth rate company, out of town? The sooner, the better.

kernal 2 years, 2 months ago

There were Knology/Wow connection problems for some Lawrence area customers last evening as well.

spirit_level 2 years, 2 months ago

All service was out overnight. According to the recording at the Knology call center, they were performing "routine maintenance" Thursday morning between midnight and 6 a.m., and phone, internet and TV outages were expected.

friendlyjhawk 2 years, 2 months ago

why is this worthy of a byline when it happens daily to individual's around town who just suck it up and move on?

KansasPerson 2 years, 2 months ago

I don't. When I'm not getting service that I'm paying for, I make a phone call.

meatheadwisdom 2 years, 2 months ago

Internet isn't that big of a deal, but it IS a big deal to let the parents and community know that the buildings don't have any phone service.

kernal 2 years, 2 months ago

Here's my 1:27pm report. My fourth outage in the past twenty-three hours just ended. Expecting more as the day goes on.

Matthew Herbert 2 years, 2 months ago

if you still use Knology/Sunflower/Wow/name of the week company, don't complain about bad service. At this point it's your fault for not canceling service. There exist in our area far better companies that charge far lower prices. I switched to At&t three months ago and now pay half what Knology was stealing from me and my internet runs twice as fast. In three months with At&t my service hasn't dropped out once...

bmoody51 2 years, 2 months ago

AT&T Uverse unfortunately is not available in all areas of the city. I have checked multiple times...so I am either stuck with Knology or a dish. & I have head enough complaints about dishes to know I am moving from one disaster to another.

rockchalk9erschiefshawk 2 years, 2 months ago

Lawrence Freenet (Wicked Broadband) was also out as well. From about 6:30 pm until 4 this morning