Archive for Monday, September 24, 2012

New Jersey Street resident reports break-in at her home

September 24, 2012

A 27-year-old woman reported to police that a man broke into her home in the 1300 block of New Jersey early Sunday morning.

According to Lawrence police spokeswoman Kim Murphree, the suspect knocked on the woman’s door shortly after midnight, forced his way in, hit the woman on the head and demanded money. The victim, who didn’t know the man, fought back and the man fled. Police were unable to locate the suspect. No suspect description was provided by police.

Comments

akt2 1 year, 6 months ago

It's not much better over on Pennsylvania. I had my car window broken out so they could attempt to steal the stereo. I watched someone break into my neighbor's car down in the 1300 block. Lots of thieves. The kind that steal in broad daylight. There are some very nice residents in that neighborhood though. Don't think the neighbors aren't watching out for one another. There are several older people who have lived in their homes for decades. They know who is who and who isn't supposed to be around. They will call the police so fast it'll make your head spin.

MRM2012 1 year, 6 months ago

People, keep an eye out for suspicious loitering. I have worried someone was going to break in since I moved to NJ street. There are always shady looking people going in and out of all the houses around, just keep your wits about you and FOR GOD'S SAKES GET A GUN (Legally)

MacHeath 1 year, 6 months ago

What the hell kind of thief is that? If you are going to strong-arm someone and rob them, at least have the self-respect to actually rob them! Oh! Oh! I expected this lady to just fold up and give me money! What am I going to dooo! Run away! Run Away!

UNIKU 1 year, 6 months ago

13th & NJ -- 'nuf said....

BlackVelvet 1 year, 6 months ago

Why does the headline say "break-in attempt" when it was clearly not an attempt, but accomplished?

jackbinkelman 1 year, 6 months ago

Horrible! I hope she was able to give a good description of the perp.

consumer1 1 year, 6 months ago

"New Jersey Street resident " I thought this meant a street person who camped out on New Jersey street??