Lawrence police release results of game-day patrol, including 153 parking violations and 22 alcohol violations
The Lawrence Police Department had extra officers patrolling the Oread neighborhood before, during and after Saturday’s Kansas University football game. According to a news release, police reported the following activity during the game and the Saturday overnight shift:
• Parking violations: 153
• Alcohol violations: 22
• Arrests: 9
• Disturbance, no weapons: 30
• Disturbance, with weapons: 3
• Noise complaint warnings and citations: 4
In addition to the extra game-day enforcement, officers from the Lawrence Police Department, Alcohol and Beverage Control, KU Public Safety, and the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office conducted a Fake ID 101 Taskforce late Friday evening and early Saturday morning.
During that action:
• 13 bars were checked.
• 11 criminal citations were issued for use of a fake ID, possession of alcohol by a minor, and possession of liquor in public.
• Three administrative actions were issued by ABC to bars for allowing minors to possess alcohol, including BullWinkle’s, two counts; The Hawk, one count; and The Wheel, one count.