The Lawrence Police Department had extra officers patrolling the Oread neighborhood before, during and after Saturday’s Kansas University football game. According to a news release, police reported the following activity during the game and the Saturday overnight shift:
• Parking violations: 153
• Alcohol violations: 22
• Arrests: 9
• Disturbance, no weapons: 30
• Disturbance, with weapons: 3
• Noise complaint warnings and citations: 4
In addition to the extra game-day enforcement, officers from the Lawrence Police Department, Alcohol and Beverage Control, KU Public Safety, and the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office conducted a Fake ID 101 Taskforce late Friday evening and early Saturday morning.
During that action:
• 13 bars were checked.
• 11 criminal citations were issued for use of a fake ID, possession of alcohol by a minor, and possession of liquor in public.
• Three administrative actions were issued by ABC to bars for allowing minors to possess alcohol, including BullWinkle’s, two counts; The Hawk, one count; and The Wheel, one count.