Archive for Saturday, September 15, 2012

Classifieds section omitted from Saturday’s paper, will be included in Sunday’s edition

September 15, 2012, 7:04 a.m. Updated September 15, 2012, 10:28 a.m.

Due to an insertion error, the classifieds section was omitted from today's Journal-World. The Journal-World regrets the error, and will be including the section, which includes the crossword, in tomorrow's paper.

Customers wishing to see today's classifieds section can view it in the Green Edition on LJWorld.com. In addition, copies of today's classifieds section will be available outside the Journal-World's business offices at 609 N.H.

Comments

Lawrence Morgan 1 year, 7 months ago

Apologies were made. Accidents do happen. Ralph Gage apologized right away, as well as did Alex Parker. I'm not part of the Journal-World staff, but I feel their apology was very prompt, and the Journal-World continues to be a very good paper, one of the best for its readership in the nation.

racerx 1 year, 7 months ago

Doesn't anyone at the JW spot-check copies during production? No quality control process in place?

I'd be willing to give the JW a pass on this if I didn't have to call for a replacement paper every time it rains because a covered porch 30 feet from the road is considered an upgrade in service and double bagging apparently is too. If porch delivery is $5 extra....could I get double bagging on rain days for say....$1.50 extra?

somedude20 1 year, 7 months ago

To make up for it, why don't you start having a "page 6" girl like the ole UK has!

Tammy Copp-Barta 1 year, 7 months ago

As much as the garage sales ads cost, I hope those people will be credited, as some pick up the paper on Saturday instead of Friday.

paulveer 1 year, 7 months ago

J_W, you should be ashamed, calling this "BREAKING NEWS."

Newell_Post 1 year, 7 months ago

Newspapers make almost all of their profit from the classified ad section. So this error hurt the LJW more than it hurt most readers. And then there are the people who paid to run those ads and didn't get what they paid for. They have the most major complaint.

msezdsit 1 year, 7 months ago

The end of era. Oh well, tough as it is I hope we can all find a way to pick up the pieces and move on.

traveler12 1 year, 7 months ago

"Insertion error"... I have these sometimes, but unfortunately they don't involve the paper.

tomatogrower 1 year, 7 months ago

The comics!!!! The comics were in that section today. Horrors!!!!

always_correct 1 year, 7 months ago

Breaking news? And still highlighted 45 minutes later? Really, LJWorld. Stop being so full of yourself.

0011643 1 year, 7 months ago

in town for the KU game and got my paper from a vending machine. no comics for the kids to read and no puzzle for me to work while we're sitting at Perkins waiting for breakfast. thanks ljworld. as always you never cease to disappoint.

FlintlockRifle 1 year, 7 months ago

Did Knology buy the LJW, my e/mail has been screwed up for 3 days can receive but not send, anybody else having problems.?? Went down to Knology said they are working on it, big deal, know they will take my lost time off next month bill, right------------

tange 1 year, 7 months ago

Classifieds to be included in Sunday’s edition?

/ remember Julian Assange

Starlight 1 year, 7 months ago

I'll hope we have a Sunday paper this week. We never got ours last Sunday.

Phil Minkin 1 year, 7 months ago

NO CROSSWORD PUZZLE! My morning is ruined.

classclown 1 year, 7 months ago

I don't know if they did this or not, and it may be too late for some, but did they go out and post notices at the news stands and stores where their Sunday paper is sold?

I understand how big a task this may be, but as they admit, this is a big mistake and it calls for an even attempt to make amends. Simply saying "oops" on a website isn't enough. As punkrockmom stated above, many people won't see it online.

Nikki May 1 year, 7 months ago

Obviously this doesn't have anything to do with my personal ability to see the classifieds, but not everyone is online, so they won't see this. But, if I went to the gas station and picked up a paper for the purpose of seeing the classifieds, I'd not get them. They will be included tomorrow? Then you get even more of my money. Sure if you have a subscription, you'll get them, but not in a timely manner. Obviously, some of the ads could be time sensitive (garage sales for example).

Good job admitting the mistake, but ultimately there is not real solution for many people.

Slowponder 1 year, 7 months ago

Dolph is against the free market of garage sales.. . . Always suspected he was a socialist. Now we gots duh proof!

cheeseburger 1 year, 7 months ago

The error is regretful, but kudos to Ralph Gage for stepping up to the plate and admitting the error. Some of his co-workers would do well to emulate his ability to stop the buck instead of passing it on or just simply ignoring the problem.

Ralph Gage 1 year, 7 months ago

We made a serious mistake. We apologize for it to all our readers and subscribers.

FarneyMac 1 year, 7 months ago

LOL "breaking news." Keep spinning positive on the death spiral, LJW!