City construction projects are now mapped at http://lawks.us/construction-map.
• Traffic heading in both directions on the 23rd Street bridge near Haskell Avenue will be redirected as crews work to demolish the bridge. Completion: November 2012.
• The Kansas River levee is closed for construction of Bowersock Mills and Power Co.’s new plant on the north bank. Users will be detoured to city streets crossing at the controlled intersection of North Second and Locust streets. Completion: late 2012.
• Street concrete will be reworked on West Sixth Street to the north, east and west of Michigan Street, On Glenview Street, from Summer Tree Lane to Deerfield Lane, Summer Tree Lane from Glenview Street to Princeton Street, North 3rd Street from Lyon to Perry streets and Perry Street west of North Third Street.
• Michigan Street from Fourth to Sixth streets will be closed Monday for curb work for approximately two to three weeks. The city will provide Maine Street as a detour.
• Crews should begin patching asphalt in neighborhoods around the Wakarusa Drive, Harvard Road Monterey Way and Inverness Drive area. Through traffic should be maintained. Completion: spring 2013
• Westland Construction Inc. will replace a water main on Wimbledon Drive from Inverness to Crossgate drives. Access to Wimbledon Drive may be reduced to one lane during construction.
• KDOT is resurfacing an 8.43-mile section of K-10 from the Lecompton Kansas Turnpike interchange to the Lawrence U.S. Highway 59 interchange. Resurfacing work of lanes will begin Monday. Fifteen-minute delays are expected, and drivers are encouraged to find alternate routes. Speed through the work zone will be limited to 55 mph, and oversized loads will not be allowed through the zone.
• Sixth Street/County Road 1055 north of U.S. Highway 56/Ames Street will be closed in sections of a three-phase project. There will be a marked detour.
East 1900 Road
• County Road 1057/East 1900 Road is closed between the Kansas Highway 10 interchange and County Road 458/North 1000 Road. A marked detour is provided. Completion: November 2012.
U.S. Highway 59
• North 200 Road is closed at U.S. Highway 59 for frontage road construction work. Completion: late 2012.