Archive for Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Brownback’s PAC spends more than $51K in 3 months

October 31, 2012

— Campaign finance reports show a political action committee affiliated with Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback raised more than $66,000 and spent about $51,000 in the past three months.

Brownback's Road Map PAC reported its activities from July 27 through Oct. 25 this week to the secretary of state's office. The committee's treasurer is also the treasurer of Brownback's campaign fund.

The biggest donation to the PAC was $25,000 contributed by AT&T in early September. A PAC representing construction contractors contributed more than $6,200 this month.

Brownback's PAC made a total of $37,000 in contributions to 54 legislative candidates. The Road Map PAC takes its name from his 2010 campaign promise to provide a policy road map for improving Kansas.

Comments

ezbreezy 2 years, 1 month ago

So if I'm an A&TT member, the money that I thought went to my cell phone plan is actually going to help fund Brownback's campaign?! That's just great....SMH

Cant_have_it_both_ways 2 years, 1 month ago

Works for me. Continue to use an off an on Kronology second tier service. Mor bandwidth for me.

KEITHMILES05 2 years, 1 month ago

Absolutely hate ATT gave that large amount. Disgusting.

Who in their right minds contributes to this sort of slimy politician? What does ATT have to gain? Do they not understand there are thousands of users in Kansas?

costello 2 years, 1 month ago

I guess I'll be switching my phone service. Any phone companies out there who AREN'T trying to buy politicians?

FlintHawk 2 years, 1 month ago

Ah, yes. Have been dragging my feet about changing to Consumer Cellular, only because of the hassle of changing over.

What has Brownback done for telecom industry, I wonder. Or, what does he plan in the future?

Would love to see the entire list of corporate contributors. Construction industry is also interesting. Two regulated industries and a governor who wants to get rid of regulation?

Does it bother anyone else that a sitting governor is involving himself in legislative races? And were those Kansas legislative races, or nationwide?

Business as usual, I guess.

chootspa 2 years, 1 month ago

I believe they were Kansas races. He was involved in primaries that kicked out most of the moderate Republican senators.

FlintHawk 2 years, 1 month ago

Urghhhhhh. Yep, I remember that, choots. We live in dark days. But I have a plan: All Dems and Independents change registration to Rs, dump the right-wingers at the ballot box and bring back the moderates whose predecessors ran the state. I could hold my nose and do it.

chootspa 2 years, 1 month ago

Nice plan, but it won't work. I suspect we'd have better luck with an third party.

Centerville 2 years, 1 month ago

I can see ATT's point. If Kansas' private economy can start healing, every telcom will have more business. Continuing to kill off the private sector doesn't help anyone, even though it may give some glee to the stupid.

Liberty275 2 years, 1 month ago

I'm switching to Uverse as soon as it hits our neighborhood. The people I've spoken with that already have it say it beats sunflower/knology/whatever's-its-called-next by a long shot, and it costs less.