Archive for Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Body found near Clinton Lake dam; no foul play suspected

October 30, 2012, 11:18 a.m. Updated October 30, 2012, 12:41 p.m.

Law enforcement officers responded Monday afternoon to a report of a body near the south end of the Clinton Lake dam, said Douglas County Undersheriff Steve Hornberger.

Officers do not suspect foul play, he said. The body was discovered by a passerby shortly before 2 p.m.

Hornberger said the body was that of a 51-year-old man.

Comments

slapjack50 1 year, 5 months ago

it was suicide, unfortunately.

Buckysbabe 1 year, 5 months ago

Orbiter hit that nail on the head.

EarthaKitt 1 year, 5 months ago

If it's a suicide, and I'm NOT saying it is, I believe the general rule is no reporting unless it's a public person or a person in a public place.

consumer1 1 year, 5 months ago

I would have sworn it said baby.. My vile, ramblings and radical thinking process has finally come full circle. I with utmost humility, embarassment and bruised ego, apologize. Wow. You were all right! I am a rambling old fool!!! Boy, do I feel like a schmuck, and I am not even Jewish.

I think this pretty much sums up my career as a trouble maker and baiter of comments. I will do my best to stop posting. Jeesh!! Take care everyone. R.I. P. Consumer1

shaunepec 1 year, 5 months ago

To my knowledge, it never read "Baby."

Shaun LJW

Thom 1 year, 5 months ago

If they hadn't printed it, you people would have bitched about that too. They are just trying to keep you informed. It that bothers you, get off your fricking computer and quit reading it!!

alcoholbliss 1 year, 5 months ago

"Hornberger did not provide further information."

Ya, these journalist really don't know how to play good journalist, bad journalist, beat up, interrogate, coerce, or threaten law enforcement officers into giving them a sensational news story full of made up details. Were not enough doughnuts not offered? lol j/k

R.I.P unknown body.

jhawkinsf 1 year, 5 months ago

Homeless choose to live out there. Add in a couple of really cold nights and you have that as a possible explanation.

consumer1 1 year, 5 months ago

YOu print a headline like this one. By design to get attention. Then you say you have no information.... REALLY?? HOw do you know it was a baby? This sensationalistic journalism is pretty pathetic.