Archive for Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Assault charges dismissed after two witnesses don’t show up for court

October 30, 2012

Douglas County District Judge Sally Pokorny Tuesday dismissed two aggravated assault charges against a 27-year-old Kansas City, Kan., man accused of displaying a handgun in August during a domestic dispute in the 1600 block of Haskell Avenue.

Aaron J. Epps was in court Tuesday for a preliminary hearing, but witnesses to the alleged incident did not appear. Epps’ defense asked for, and was granted, dismissal of the charges.

Epps was accused of threatening a 17-year-old juvenile and another man with a gun during the incident. He also faced a misdemeanor domestic battery count for having physical contact with a woman.

Comments

jhawkinsf 2 years, 3 months ago

The no snitch code, I guess. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait until he actually kills someone. Then some community activist will blame society, poverty, whatever. Everything except the shooter. And, oh yea, the no snitch code.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 2 years, 3 months ago

But you don't need to wait to blame some mythical "community activist" for something that hasn't happened.

jhawkinsf 2 years, 3 months ago

I said "I guess" twice in that small post, clearly indicating that the comment was my opinion based on speculation. Am I not allowed to do that in this, your forum?

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 2 years, 3 months ago

You're free to make whatever pointless, gratuitous comment that turns your crank, (but that's just my opinion.)

jhawkinsf 2 years, 3 months ago

Translation: You support the no snitch code and the high crime and misery that accompanies it.

Why do you hate those communities so much, Bozo? What have they done to you to warrant your desire to have high crime inflicted upon them?

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 2 years, 3 months ago

You're free to make whatever pointless, gratuitous (add to that straw man) comment that turns your crank, (but that's just my opinion.)

jhawkinsf 2 years, 3 months ago

I thought you'd like that translation comment, the exact same type of comment you've made, what a thousand times. You know, when you twist another's comment so that it means the exact opposite of what was actually said. Don't you see the humor, the irony?

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 2 years, 3 months ago

You're free to make whatever pointless, gratuitous (emphasis on straw man in this one) comment that turns your crank, (but that's just my opinion.)

jhawkinsf 2 years, 3 months ago

You may be a slow learner, but I give you credit for finally learning to label an opinion as such, as opposed to your years long history of giving opinion pretending they are facts. Congrats.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 2 years, 3 months ago

You're even more patronizing than usual today. Is it something you ate?

jhawkinsf 2 years, 3 months ago

Prunes. :-)

Really, my mood changes from time to time. Give it a try. That sourpuss attitude wears thin.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 2 years, 3 months ago

"my mood changes from time to time."

Yea, it ranges all the way stubbornly patronizing to patronizingly stubborn.