City construction projects are now mapped at http://lawks.us/construction-map.
• Traffic heading in both directions on the 23rd Street bridge near Haskell Avenue will be redirected as crews work to rebuild the bridge. Two lanes are now available in each direction, but speed limits are reduced on the detours. Completion: November 2012.
• Street concrete will be reworked this week on Summer Tree Lane from Glenview to Princeton Streets. Crews will begin work east of Inverness Drive on Palmer Drive, Nicklaus Drive, Hogan Drive, Hogan Court, Palmer Court. Through traffic will be maintained in both directions.
• Crews are patching asphalt in neighborhoods around the Wakarusa Drive, Harvard Road, Monterey Way and Inverness Drive area. Through traffic should be maintained. Completion: spring 2013.
• The Kansas River levee is closed for construction of Bowersock Mills and Power Co.’s new plant on the north bank. Users will be detoured to city streets crossing at the controlled intersection of North Second and Locust streets. Completion: late 2012.
• There will be crack Sealing on Wakarusa Drive from Overland Drive to Queens Road. Temporary lane closures during working hours (weather permitting).
Kansas Highway 10
• The Kansas Department of Transportation will suspend resurfacing of an 8.43-mile section of K-10 from the I-70/Kansas Turnpike Lecompton interchange until spring of 2013.
U.S. Highway 59
• North 200 Road is closed at U.S. Highway 59 for frontage road construction work. Completion: late 2012.
• Northbound and southbound old U.S. 59 on either side of the North 650 Road interchange will be closed to all traffic for frontage road reconstruction work. Eastbound and westbound North 650 Road through the interchange area will remain open. Drivers wishing to access old U.S. 59 at the North 650 Road interchange must use new U.S. 59 to the U.S. 56 or 1000 Road interchanges to exit and then utilize old U.S. 59. Completion: mid-November 2012.
East 1900 Road
• County Road 1057/East 1900 Road is closed between the Kansas Highway 10 interchange and County Road 458/North 1000 Road. A marked detour is provided. Completion: November 2012.