Archive for Saturday, October 27, 2012

Lawrence man arrested after answering door with a gun

October 27, 2012

A 57-year-old Lawrence man was arrested at his home Friday night on suspicion of aggravated assault.

Sgt. Ted Bordman of the Lawrence Police Department said the victim flagged down a patrol car about 11:40 p.m. and told officers the man had threatened him with a gun during a dispute.

When officers knocked on the man’s door in the 1300 block of Kentucky Street, he answered it with a .357 magnum revolver in his hand. Police arrested him and found a second pistol on the premises, Bordman said, before taking him to jail.

Bond has not yet been set.

Comments

consumer1 1 year, 5 months ago

Hey folks, the real story went nothing like the LJW version. This is just sensational jounralism. The facts have been manipulated to make this sound like some crazed fool. The editor and writer of this story, must be anti NRA. I went down nothing like it reads. NO it wasn't me or anyone I know.

consumer1 1 year, 5 months ago

After 10 pm, If someone knocks, I look out the window, If I don't know them, I answer with a gun in my hand. I do not hold it in a threatening manner, but, I have it in my hand pointed up, or right behind my back prepared. Unlike many in this town I am not a victim. I am that old man who will intervene If I see someone being abused. One time I saw a woman getting the tar whupped out of her. I grabbed the guy, threw him on the ground and sat on him. The girl started cussing me, and jumped on my back. I am sure this surprises no one who has ever read any of my post.

Benjamin Roberts 1 year, 5 months ago

LadyJ 1 day, 11 hours ago "According to the booking recap, he was arrested for aggravated assault and criminal carry firearms. Not sure what that means. Could it be he had a felony record and was not allowed to have a firearm?"

He was also booked for possession and distribution of drugs/paraphernalia. There is no such thing as legal gun use with illegal drugs.

Crazy_Larry 1 year, 5 months ago

Somethings amiss with this story....not enough information to form an opinion... I will spew regardless... Relax and enjoy life while you can!

Come ride with me - Through the veins of history - I'll show you how god - Falls asleep on the job - And how can we win - When fools can be kings - Don't waste your time - Or time will waste you - No one's gonna take me alive - Time has come to make things right - You and I must fight for our rights - You and I must fight to survive

bigdude4866067 1 year, 5 months ago

I use and carry a 10mm in a model 610.At night when you can not see someone or if they have someone hiding just out of sight I have my 10mm in hand.You have people pretending to be cop's so I refuse to let that worry me.In this day any age trust no one you do not know and the one's you do know trust them even less.In my life I have had to kill alot of people so shotting someone does not bother me in the least.That crap of the pigs arresting that guy in his home just because he answered the door with a gun in his hand will not stand up in court.I hope he get's off.The lawrence pig's are some thing else.It seem's to me they just run over anyone and to bad if you are right.You people need to get rid of those jack lessed S_B's and get a desent police force to replace them with.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 5 months ago

"But the article implies that he was arrested for the earlier complaint of aggravated assault, and not for answering the door heavy."

Nobody reads the articles. They read the headline, pick out the buzzwords, and vomit all over the commenting section.

rockchalker52 1 year, 5 months ago

Is this the opposite of a home invasion?

FlintlockRifle 1 year, 5 months ago

That's why they make 357's isn't it???

cheeseburger 1 year, 5 months ago

Typical for the LJW, the headline is a little misleading, as answering your own door with a gun is not, in itself, a crime.

LadyJ 1 year, 5 months ago

somedude20 1 year, 5 months ago

I have answered the door with my "gun" in my hand.....

Newell_Post 1 year, 5 months ago

I have answered the door at midnight once or twice with my .357 in hand. But the article implies that he was arrested for the earlier complaint of aggravated assault, and not for answering the door heavy.

Gandalf 1 year, 5 months ago

This is certainly a BS charge! Arrest a man for running off a touble maker and carrying a gun in his own home? Sounds like a good case for a lawsuit!

wolfmn1958 1 year, 5 months ago

Oh really. I keep a loaded 45cal next to my front door in a drawer. Someone knocks on my door late at night,I will have it in my hand. I have been trained for years on weapons. There's just to many home robberies now days. If I point a weapon at you,it's because I fear for my families safety as well as mine. I just don't wave a fire arm to be waving one