Archive for Friday, October 26, 2012

Traffic at 23rd and Lousiana streets redirected after truck crashes into utility pole

October 26, 2012, 5:40 p.m. Updated October 26, 2012, 8:00 p.m.

A utility pole has fallen onto 23rd Street near Louisiana Street. A truck crashed into the pole shortly before 5:30 this evening.

The intersection will remain closed for repairs until further notice, police said.

Check LJWorld.com for more information as it is available.

Comments

been_there 1 year, 5 months ago

I have seen their workers with leaf blowers blowing their leaves into the street and leaving them there. When I called to complain, they said I must be mistaken, it wasn't their workers. The next week they came back and did the same thing.

Starlight 1 year, 5 months ago

Have seen First Management trucks park in the handicapped spots in front of Ace Hardware. Always figured it must be a mental handicap as they seemed pretty ambulatory.

engagedecoy 1 year, 5 months ago

First Management trucks are driven by careless workers who don't care about their actions because it's a company truck.

LadyJ 1 year, 5 months ago

Looks like one of the First Management trucks that tailgated me all down 18th street the other day. I was already going 5 miles over the speed limit for him, but I guess it wasn't fast enough.

Sharon Nottingham 1 year, 5 months ago

I bet they put in a roundabout now.

g_rock 1 year, 5 months ago

Um...Doug likes traffic circles now a days....yah.

thebcman 1 year, 5 months ago

Hmm. First Management ... owned by Doug Compton, right? Wow there are a lot of unsatisfied people out there (on the interwebs) who have done business with these dudes. Nice PR work there, FM driver!

Michael Sizemore 1 year, 5 months ago

I was sitting at the intersection. First Management truck. He turned east from Louisiana and was going so fast (what, 100 feet from the intersection?) That he lost control, popped the curb and sheared the pole off at ground level. Glad no one was hurt, and hope he gets all that's coming to him for driving like such an idiot.