Archive for Friday, October 12, 2012

County road closed near Baldwin City

October 12, 2012, 11:53 p.m. Updated October 13, 2012, 10:44 a.m.

County Road 1055, which is Sixth Street in Baldwin City, is currently closed at the bottom of Baldwin Hill, a mile north of the Baldwin City limits.

Keith Browning, director of Douglas County Public Works, suggests anyone traveling from Lawrence to Baldwin City should take U.S. Highway 59 to Highway 56. Baldwin City’s annual Maple Leaf Festival takes place next weekend, Oct. 19-21.

Comments

Eurasmus 1 year, 9 months ago

According to mapleleaffestival.com, their annual event is next weekend, the 20th and 21st.

hyperinflate 1 year, 9 months ago

Shhhhhhhhh! Let 'em come on down. We need the tax revenue.

alex_garrison 1 year, 9 months ago

This was correct in print, but not online. It has been corrected here.

Thanks,

Alex

topflight 1 year, 9 months ago

Nicely done Ljworld. 3rd full weekend every year. EVERY YEAR. typical

OonlyBonly 1 year, 9 months ago

Pardon me, I don't usually take reporting to task but could you answer this question,"Why is the road closed?" Seems like part of the story to me.

alex_garrison 1 year, 9 months ago

1055 has had a lot of scheduled maintenance, plus the bridge project near Eudora.

Thanks,

Alex

Randall Uhrich 1 year, 9 months ago

It'd be nice if those incompetents managing the road work would have a marked detour route, instead of just several "Road Closed" signs. I wish they'd hurry up and finish the work, it's been a real nuisance for us that live out here. I'm sure that the merchants in Baldwin feel the effect, too. It's easier for me to go to Lawrence as it is.

MIke Mallory 1 year, 9 months ago

can you please report on when the bridge on 1055 by Eudora will be finished, up by the little driving range, golf course.

kclark0811 1 year, 9 months ago

I just want to know when 1055 will reopen. Being closed for so long is becoming a joke.